Colorful Alien Adopts (7/9) [OPEN]

Sell characters and original once-off adoptable designs here - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Colorful Alien Adopts (7/9) [OPEN]

Postby deVOUTED » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:11 am

These are some miscellaneous, colorful creature adopts. Each creature is technically their own species despite being one design but they are not super detailed, just with new descriptions for the adopts. You are free to do what you wish with them or change anything about them such as using them as a base for a new species, so long as you credit me at my Discord username Ackamarackus or by my CS username, the latter I use on several sites.

What do you receive with your purchase??

-The full-sized image of your new creature in original quality, unwatermarked and isolated with some extra minor aesthetic details added to picture that wouldn't fit in the full line-up you see attached to this post.
-A copy of the original unwatermarked image with the most basic colors of your creature laid in a very simple palette of 3-6 swatches and no background elements, for your personal reference when drawing.
-A brief description of the species of your adopt and full permission to do whatever you want with it; these are all closed species that you now have all rights to! Once you purchase an adopt the description is edited out of the post and sent to you so you have exclusive access thereon to the descriptors.

All purchases are first-come, first-serve. I am only accepting USD purchases through PayPal, or purchases using the alternative c$ pricing listed below (see ADOPT STATUS). Thank you for understanding!

NOTE! If you want to buy an adopt reply to this topic with your chosen method of payment. Then PM me on either Chicken Smoothie or Discord to confirm your purchase!

ADOPT STATUS

1. Spotted Sea-dragon - 15 USD OR 450 c$ [AVALIABLE]
These large creatures are playful and entirely aquatic, typically found in or near lush coral reefs of their planet. With a diet consisting of only plants they are natural pacifists and socialites, and will only serve harm to vegetation populations around them. Spotted Sea-Dragons always live in groups of 10 or more, and most often with creatures of other species. The typical specimen grows to 20-25 feet (6.1m-7.6m) so their sheer size coupled with their luminescent colors ward off unsuspecting predators; This is much to the benefit of creatures smaller than itself, which are most creatures they live with. Their bodies light up at night-time but their spots always radiate the brightest and most brilliant light of all, even during the day. Even with all that, ironically the one part of their body that does not glow are the bulbs on its antennae.

2. Blue and Yellow Frilled Manta-slug - 18 USD OR 540 c$ [PURCHASED OFF-SITE]

3. Body-Pouch Burrower - 12 USD OR 360 c$ [AVALIABLE]
Subterranean and with a dislike for the harsh desert heat, Burrowers live almost exclusively inside of the elaborate tunnels they dig. As per the other half of their name these quadruped creatures have bizarre pouches that start from their cheeks and go down their whole body, reaching down to the bottom of their pelvis. Despite this being an eyesore and the cheeks sagging greatly they are able to store food, nesting materials, and even their own young from within the soft and durable pouches; It is not to be underestimated how much they can fit inside, and some can manage to carry weight that's twice of its own body at the expense of mobility and causing difficulty fitting in their own tunnels. Roughly the size of an average house cat their sharp claws allow them to slice through hard earth easily, and as a scavenging tactic they will dig beneath other creatures dens/nests and steal food, typically unattended eggs, from beneath. They then quickly recede back into the earth and block the tunnels with tough packed sand and rocks.

4. Twisted Terror - 20 USD OR 400 c$ [PURCHASED THRU PMS]

5. Twin-mouthed Sea Bear - 12 USD OR 360 c$ [AVALIABLE]
These fluffy mammalians are notoriously fickle with their fashion sense! They cover themselves in large flowers or glittering sea kelp tied in place, and they will adorn themselves even when it's problematic to their survival. The sparkly accessories make it much harder for them to hide from predators yet they refuse to stop this seemingly instinctive behavior and instead their evolution favors those with the shiniest accessories and the quickest swimming. They often trade accessories amongst each other as well, and when a Sea Bear that was close to them dies they often inherit their kelp and flowers wearing them until they fall apart and can no longer be worn.

6. Mossy Ewe - 10 USD OR 300 c$ [AVALIABLE]
Mossy Ewes, by all accounts, are not much more than glorified lawnmowers... but at least they're sort of cute lawnmowers. They need frequent sunlight and plenty of water to sustain the flowers that grow on their backs, encouraging the growth of moss all over their coat. The longer in the sun they spend, the more buds they will develop; They don't have much to worry about, their planet has two suns. With no hostile lifeforms anywhere near their territory all they have to worry about is finding food. When they aren't soaking and floating around in small ponds all they do is walk about in herds and eat grass, leaving an area only once they've plucked it completely clean.

7. Jeweled Seeker - 10 USD OR 360 c$ [AVALIABLE]
These immortal feline-like creatures are illusive and extremely rare. Unlike the others they are not restricted to their own planet and tend to roam between dimensions, wandering until they encounter the first person that can see them. They can't be perceived at all by most life-forms and are completely invisible to only a few select humans, almost always witches, where they will then become their familiar. They may still hop through dimensions but Seekers are fiercely loyal to those they've made a pact with; They stay by their sides until they die so the Seeker can then guide them through the afterlife.

8. Bubblegum Dart - 10 USD OR 300 c$ [AVALIABLE]
Squishy, palm-sized and porous, these pink little guys are just... doing their best. Their flesh is gelatinous beneath the first few tougher layers of skin, and without these malleable layers the Dart would pop the second their skin is punctured. Lighter than air they can "swim" through the atmosphere contently albeit slowly, filtering debris/impurities in the atmosphere and "eating" them. They then expel the air afterward. leaving it cleaner than it was before. They aren't very intelligent but luckily they have somehow have no natural predators on their planet, as their outer skin layers are in fact SO tough but flexible that anything that tries to bite into it can't pierce through. And, if ingested, they rapidly spit out all the air in their body from all angles causing their aggressor to spit them out through reflex. The only downside is that they'll be rather deflated for a while afterwards.

9. Carnivorous Watermelon Nectar-plant - 20 USD OR 600 c$ [AVALIABLE]
Its name is slightly deceiving, as this "plant" is very much sentient. This creature lacks intelligence overall and their only instincts are to plant themselves in a spot and stay still. Their patterns and silhouette have evolved to blend in almost perfectly with the typical towering tree-sized foliage on their planet, hiding in plain sight among the leaves and flowers. Once planted their mouth constantly secretes nectar with an irresistible scent to any bugs or small to large animals that may be drawn in by the fruity sap, and they will wait for the right moment to close their jaws around their prey and trap them inside and swallow. It can gorge on meat or insects as much as it likes but the acidic bile in its stomach can dissolve heaps of bone and flesh in mere minutes, no issues; Its only limit is how much it can physically hold in its body.

*** I have the right to refuse any purchase for any reason. No refunds, you receive the images immediately after your respective purchase method goes through. Have a question?? Message me here on-site or preferably on Discord, once again, at ackamarackus.

-Tuck
Attachments
assorted creature adopts.png
assorted creature adopts.png (429.43 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Last edited by deVOUTED on Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
deVOUTED

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [BIG UPDATE] Alien Adopts (7/9) [Open]

Postby deVOUTED » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:15 am

bumnp
deVOUTED