insert fancy title here | Third's Character Storage

A place to store your roleplay character information.

insert fancy title here | Third's Character Storage

Postby amithethird » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am

wip

Table of Contents
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Riah

Postby amithethird » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:48 am

Variants

archetypes: the leader, the second-in-command, the scout, the middle child
occupations: camp counselor, florist
elements: water, earth
animals: bear, eagle
weapons: bow and arrow

best suited for: modern, fantasy (high or urban), survival
untested: crime
not suited for:

playlist:
Follow My Feet - The Unlikely Candidates
Second Child, Restless Child - The Oh Hellos
Mosaic Soul - Rowan Lewis

Essence

full name: Zachariah James Temple
goes by: Riah
species (if applicable): human
nationality/race (if applicable): American, white
sexuality: bisexual

appearance: Riah is 5'10", but his loose posture and gentle mannerisms sometimes make him come off as shorter than he is. In general, he's a non-threatening figure with soft features who most people warm up to quickly.

personality
positive traits: patient, decisive, dependable
neutral traits: reserved, observant, stubborn
negative traits: judgmental, vengeful, moody

Riah has layers to his personality. Those who don't know him very well see him as a quiet and unobtrusive, rarely rocking the boat. They can't imagine he has a mean bone in his body. In reality, he's had to train himself not to act on impulse or with cruelty towards others. Kindness and selflessness do not necessarily come naturally to him, but because he's worked so hard at being a better person than he used to be, most people don't even realize how much is going on under the surface. People who push him because they think they can get away with it find out quickly why that's not a good idea.

personal history

- was a hot-headed teen with a bad attitude
- doesn't get along with parents
- a mentor figure took a chance on him and helped him grow up
- wants to pay forward the kindness he's been shown

trivia:
- loves art, but doesn't like making it
- favorite sport is archery
- played the sax in high school (wasn't good at it)
- more comfortable outside than indoors
- doesn't like wearing shoes
- swears like an idiot (as in, all his swears are dumb and not real swears)

Last edited by amithethird on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Solace

Postby amithethird » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Variants

archetypes: the bodyguard, the knight, the pariah, the hunter, the negotiator
occupations: hitman/assassin,
elements: water
animals: panther
weapons: sword

best suited for: modern, fantasy (high or urban), crime
untested: slice of life
not suited for:

playlist:
Baby Götterdämerung - Monster Magnet
Graceless - The National
Winter Sound - Of Monsters and Men
Born In The Slumber - flora cash
Soldiers 00018 - The S.L.P.

Essence

full name: Solace Argent
goes by: Solace
species: human (could easily fit into werewolf/vampire rp though)
sexuality: asexual biromantic

appearance: Standing at 6'0" and often wearing a stern, almost dead-eyed expression, Solace cuts a somewhat unsettling figure. Always coiled tightly, he's rarely willing to let his guard down, which makes him frequently appear stiff and threatening.

personality
positive traits: level-headed, open-minded, diplomatic
neutral traits: practical, honest, stoic
negative traits: self-destructive, fatalistic, cold

Solace is pretty "what you see is what you get." He's not one to hide his opinions, and you can always count on him to tell you the truth, whether it's nice or not. That being said, he's not as much of a grump as people initially make him out to be. He's willing to give just about everyone a chance, and he's very solution-oriented. He also acts well under pressure, though that's partly because he gives very little thought to his own safety. His disregard for his own life has gotten him into trouble often, and he throws so much earnest effort into others' causes because he doesn't think he has anything else to offer the world anymore.

personal history

- used to be much more openly idealistic and foolhardy
- did something reckless that landed him in trouble
- fell in with the wrong people
- spent years doing shady things and hating himself
- may or may not have recently escaped

trivia:
- can use lots of different weapons, and is a huge weapons nerd
- he's a bit of a romantic idealist at heart, but he would vehemently deny that if you said so

Variant Histories

1. Heroes of Echoa: Solace is originally from Awhea, and he grew up under the thumb of a greedy warlord who extorted his family and others for money in exchange for "protection." Eventually some of the younger folks of the town grew sick of it, and they began plotting a rebellion, which Solace was eager to participate in despite how young he was at the time. When the leaders realized he wasn't going to be swayed, they taught him how to use a sword and let him into their ranks. Unfortunately for them, this rebellion didn't have any real time to grow in strength or numbers before it was crushed. Their members were captured and scattered to the winds, Solace included, who to this day doesn't know what became of his family who he left behind.

Solace ended up in the warlord's own fighting force, mostly as a joke, because the warlord thought it was so funny that this kid was trying to be a fierce warrior. The kid wants to be a fighter like the adults? Ha, let him. He was saved from being seriously harmed by this arrangement by the warlord's daughter who asked to add him to her personal guard where he wouldn't be sent on some raid to die immediately. She began to train him to use a wide variety of different weapons and some magic in secret, though for the longest time Solace didn't understand why she was being kind to him. Later he found out. One day she asked him to do her a favor: help her assassinate her father. He would be ignored and underestimated by anyone who saw him, so he could easily get into the warlord's tent one night after a raid to kill him. Too terrified to say no, he agreed, and when the time came, he ambushed and killed the warlord.

Solace then became a true member of the warlord's daughter's personal guard, no longer there just for his own protection. At first he naively believed she had helped him and killed her father to try and stop the gang of raiders from hurting people, but in reality, she just wanted to take the raiders north to new territory, which her father wouldn't agree to. She'd used Solace because his status as a weakling among the raiders could be used to her advantage, and she knew he'd be loyal to her if she was kind to him. Even after he realized this, he remained with the raiders, staying with the raiders' new leader as her bodyguard for many years afterwords, hoping that maybe he could change her mind and actually win her respect.

It wasn't until a few years ago that he finally broke ties with the raiders. The group had moved into Friola's territory, and Solace saw a good opportunity here, away from other raiding groups that could potentially back them up, to finally put an end to this. He killed their leader while she slept and then went for as many of her strongest people as he could before he was outnumbered and forced to retreat. He fled deeper into Friola, expecting them to prosecute him if caught. He wouldn't have stopped them. During his time with the raiders he did plenty of things that he felt made him undeserving of mercy, but instead of being immediately branded a criminal, he was given a second chance. Now he wants to pay that gift forward in any way he can, and he thinks helping the supposed savior of the land might be the way to do it.

amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Miles

Postby amithethird » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:25 pm

𝕸𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖘 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖗𝖆

art (c) me

Variants

archetypes: the diplomat, the altruist,
occupations: marine biologist, tour guide
elements: water
animals:
weapons:

best suited for: modern, urban fantasy
untested:
not suited for:

playlist:
Second Chance - Shinedown
Don't Sing the Blues - Bohnes
The World - TeZATalks
Tuscon Fog - The Mountain Goats

Essence

full name: Miles Cecilio Barrera
goes by: Miles
species: human

appearance: Miles is a bit of a shorty at 5'6", a fact that he often resents. He's strong for his size, though, which he's happy to remind people of if they try to give him any grief. He's a very expressive person, whether speaking or signing, and it's not hard to figure out how he feels about something. He dresses in a lot of dark colors, and he's got a nose piercing, but he stops short of going full punk or goth. Can't scare the old people, now can we.

personality
positive traits: compassionate, self-sufficient, loyal
neutral traits: sarcastic, curious, introverted
negative traits: impulsive, resentful, short-sighted

Thinking things through is not Miles' strong suit. From his words to his actions, he prefers to just do things rather than sit around and angst, which is only sometimes helpful. Throw in a natural taste for adventure, and you have someone who is constantly getting themself into trouble. He's mellowed out some now that he's an adult, but he's still prone to moments of chaos, often motivated by curiosity or concern for others. Though he doesn't always watch his words, he does genuinely care about other people. He makes friends easily, and if you're a friend of his, he'll move mountains to help you.

other important traits:
Miles is deaf, but he can communicate with hearing people through lip reading and use of his hearing aid. The hearing aid doesn't replace normal hearing, but it lets him hear the tone and pitch of people's voices better, which makes lip reading easier, and he also knows ASL. He speaks out loud pretty well, so most people don't even notice he's deaf at first, and he can actually hear somewhat better underwater because of the way sound travels, and higher pitches are easier to discern.

personal history

- Lost hearing as a child due to a degenerative disease.
- Parents have always been supportive but overbearing and over-protective.
- Was happy when he became an adult and was able to leave home.

trivia:
- loves marine biology and the ocean

Variant Histories

1. Stormy Waters: Miles started losing his hearing in elementary school to a degenerative disease. His doctors weren't able to stop its progression, and by the time he reached middle school, his hearing loss was severe. However, that hasn't prevented him from living his life. He just has a few more things to worry about than the average person, like putting batteries in his ears, a phrase that he enjoys springing on new people who haven't yet figured out that he's deaf. In general he has a good sense of humor about it. His parents took his hearing loss in stride as well, enrolling the whole family in ASL classes even after the doctors told them that they'd probably be able to restore at least some of Miles' hearing function with hearing aids. That was probably the last time they all came together and agreed on something before Miles hit his teenage years.

He and his parents have always butted heads, but their fighting got especially bad when he was a teenager. He always thought they were too overbearing, and they seemed to think he wasn't capable of taking care of himself or making good decisions. That bred a lot of resentment before he left for college (to pursue a degree they weren't sure would pan out, no less.) However, time and distance has smoothed a few things over. There are still things he doesn't talk to them about because he's positive they'll just start lecturing him, but they also don't fight as much.

Last edited by amithethird on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Faye

Postby amithethird » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:26 am

full name: Faye Valora LaFontaine
sexuality: mayhaps a lesbian?

Faye has been called a snake more than a rat as she's known for being underhanded. It's a reputation she happily cultivates. After all, if she wanted to be known as trustworthy, well, then she would be, wouldn't she? She has complete faith in her ability to show people whatever it is they want to see, and she delights in making people squirm. She wants them to know that she could throw them under the bus at a moment's notice. She wants them to be afraid. Of course, this only extends to enemies and members of other clans. She would never have made it to where she is by not taking care of her own, and she can be fiercely protective of her people. Even her own clanmates sometimes find themselves surprised by this more loyal, even affectionate, side of her, as she doesn't show it often. She doesn't want anyone who would undermine her to get the impression that they can use those she cares about against her, so sometimes it's best to pretend she doesn't care about anyone at all, even if that's far from the truth. Those who know her well understand this, though, and they've stood by her...even when she's being a terrible, mischievous bastard.
- doesn't put on the pomp and circumstance of being the leader of anything. holds important meetings at public restaurants, or other strange locations, just to throw the people she's meeting with off kilter. if a citizen wants to have a meeting with her, it's almost pointless to go to [whatever passes for a center of government for the clan], as they're more likely to find her lurking in town somewhere

Principles
1. The only information you can truly trust is what you gather for yourself. A man with a vast network of sources doesn’t truly know anything if he can’t vouch for their information himself.
2. Trust must be earned, and even those you trust can and should be questioned. This doesn’t reflect your opinion of them, it just means even the most trustworthy, shrewd people can make mistakes. Accountability is important.
3. The world would be a simpler place if people didn’t keep secrets from each other.
4. Those who hide in the shadows deserve to be exposed.
5. Some secrets are ok to keep if you’re doing so for the good of others.

Faye can be a hypocrite at times and sometimes her rules about when it is and isn’t ok to lie to people seem contradictory and dependent on who is doing the lying. She doesn’t appreciate being called out on this, as she’s also prone to believing that she knows what’s best for everyone, even if that’s not always true.
Last edited by amithethird on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

August

Postby amithethird » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:44 pm

αℓℓ тнε тαℓεs тнε sαмε,
тσℓ∂
вεғσяε αη∂ тσℓ∂ αgαιη.
α sσυℓ тнαт’s вσяη ιη cσℓ∂ αη∂ яαιη

кησωs sυηℓιgнт!
sυηℓιgнт!
sυηℓιgнт!

αη∂ αт ℓαsт cαη gяαηт α ηαмε
тσ α вυяιε∂ αη∂ α вυяηιηg ғℓαмε
αs ℓσvε αη∂ ιтs ∂εcιsιvε ραιη.

σн, мү sυηℓιgнт!
sυηℓιgнт!
sυηℓιgнт!

sσ cαn wє вє fríєnds,
swєєtlч,
вєfσrє thє mчstєrч
єnds?
í lσvє чσu mσrє thαn thє wσrld cαn cσntαín
ín íts
lσnєlч αnd rαmshαcklє hєαd.
thєrє’s σnlч α shαdσw σf mє;
ín α mαttєr σf spєαkíng,
í'm dєαd.

Variants

archetypes: .
occupations: butler,
elements: water, earth
animals: .
weapons: gun or throwing knives

best suited for: historical/period drama, crime, slice of life
untested: fantasy (any)
not suited for: .

playlist:
Sunlight - Hozier
John My Beloved - Sufjan Stevens
King and Lionheart - Of Monster and Men
Drumming Song - Florence + the Machine
Graveyard - Halsey

Essence

given name: Anthony August Holmwood
goes by: August
species (if applicable): human
nationality/race (if applicable): British, white
sexuality: questioning/homosexual

________◈________

appearance
5'11". Dark hair, brown eyes, fair skin. Keeps his hair and beard short and well groomed. Quiet and unassuming, and always impeccably dressed. An almost pensive resting face. A social chameleon who can be completely stiff and serious one second and relaxed and smiling the next, and still make both states seem totally natural.

________◈________

personality
pos traits: perceptive, devoted, affectionate
neutral traits: introspective, impish, sentimental
neg traits: self-deprecating, unassertive, indecisive

August has mastered the art of blending into the background. He's fine-tuned his observation skills, and there isn't much that escapes his notice. He has good instincts, and often his first impression of a person is correct. However, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll do anything with the information he's gathered, depending on what that information is. He's a fairly meek person who doesn't like to assert himself. He's much more comfortable being a caretaker and a peacekeeper. The only exception is when someone he cares about needs defending. He'll happily come out of his shell to stand up for his friends and family, which others often find surprising. He loves other people deeply, and he shows it in little ways that others may not notice. A cup of tea, a comforting touch, a simple gift. He's surprisingly playful, and he's not above some good-natured teasing, even with his superiors. It's just another way he expresses affection for those he feels comfortable with. He's not very good at saying things out-right, but he speaks loudly through his actions.

________◈________

personal history

- Came from a poorer family. Has younger siblings. Took his current job as a means of supporting them.
- Ideally, in love with someone he shouldn't be. May or may not be questioning his sexuality.

________◈________

trivia

- August is named after his father, who's name is Anthony Charles Holmwood. They just called him
Charlie, because his father was named Anthony Earnest Holmwood. He just went by Earnest. It's such a longstanding family tradition to name your first son Anthony and just call him by his middle name, that no one can seem to agree where it even started, or who the first Anthony even was.

- Knows his way around firearms.

- When he's off-duty, he'll often go outside to read or even just to think. He does a lot of thinking (too much, his family might say.)

- Makes really good tea. Has memorized how to prepare just about every kind of tea there is out there, and never gets someone's usual tea order wrong. He believes the importance of a cup of tea shouldn't be underestimated.

________◈________

Variant Histories

1. Secrets of Redbriar Manor: August was born in London, and his family never had much money. His father worked in a factory, and his mother repaired clothes for customers out of their home while taking care of him and his younger siblings. When his father took ill from the smoke in the city, the entire family scrambled to raise enough money to take him to the country where their grandparents lived. With their grandparent's help, they made it, and left their home in the city for what was supposed to be a month at the longest. However, when they got there, they settled so naturally into country life that no one really wanted to leave when that month was up. August's mother had found work with a grocer preparing produce and other goods for sale, and his younger siblings had made friends with other children in town. When their father was feeling well enough to work again, he decided to quit his job at the factory and help his in-laws with their modest farm, tilling fields and caring for the few cows and chickens they kept. And that was that.

August wasn't made for farming, though. He'd always been, not quite a fragile boy, persay, but he certainly didn't have the constitution for hard labor or the stomach for some of the harder jobs that came with farming, such as culling livestock and dealing with wild animals. It didn't agree with his "gentler sensibilities" as his mother put it. So when he became a teenager, he looked for work elsewhere. People in town told him he might be able to find work with some of the wealthier families whose manors occupied the countryside just outside the village, but he would need to learn how to fit in with high class society. A retired servant of the Redbriar family, an old butler, offered to teach him. August was a natural, and when he was 18 he went to work for the Redbriars as an assistant for their eldest son. Since then, he's seen no reason to leave, even after Will got in good with members of Britain's underworld. He knows his family would say that's a perfect reason to quit, but he just...couldn't.

- His family lives in the village still, and he wrote them often while he was gone. Not everyone understands why he's stuck with this job for so long, but by and large they're proud of him for making connections with such a wealthy family. His father keeps teasing him about wooing one of the Redbriar girls or one of their friends, which August always receives with awkward laughter.

- Knows his way around firearms. He made sure of that once he figured out the whole scope of what Will was getting himself into, though he doesn't necessarily carry a gun on his person. Because of Will's reluctance to get him too deeply involved in his business, he hasn't often been in a situation where it would be necessary.

- Reads and writes better than his siblings, and has tried to help them improve when he has the time. Lessons do tend to go slowly, however, as his siblings delight in teasing him about his job and how he's "too classy for the likes of them anymore." His response is often "be careful what you wish for" which he can't help but feel sort of guilty about now that he really has gone and disappeared for years.
Last edited by amithethird on Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Percy

Postby amithethird » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:53 am

𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝙼𝚛. 𝙲𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗,
𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊
𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚑 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑.
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚖𝚋.
𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐.
𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗
𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑.

𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝙼𝚛. 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗,
𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚕𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊
𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.
𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐.
𝙶𝚘 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐.
𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗' 𝚖𝚎 𝚊
𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚙 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.
𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍.

𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔!
𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚝!
𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜
𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚗!

playlist:
Hopeless Opus - Imagine Dragons
Bad Luck and Trouble - Goldfish
Kangaroo Court - Capital Cities
London Beckoned Songs About Money
Written By Machines - Panic! At The Disco
Feathery - Milky Chance
Bust Your Kneecaps - Pomplamoose
Left Hand Free - alt-J

trivia

- His family is sure that he's so awkward around
women because he's, well...you know. He's a
bachelor. You know...a confirmed bachelor.
Some members of his family are more generous
and say he's just a "late bloomer" but most are
not. A lot of this kind of talk goes over his head
because that's not even something he thinks
about. He just wants to paint, why is everyone
fretting over whether or not he'll find a wife? It
makes no sense to him, and frankly, it's a pain to
deal with. His parents engaging him to Genevieve
was honestly kind of a relief. Maybe now they'll
all stop bothering him about getting married.

- Well ok, saying he was relieved to be engaged
out of convenience makes him seem like a lot
more of a jerk than he is. As far as he knows,
a wife is someone you live with and have kids
with, and you take care of each other. And an
especially important part of that is a husband
taking care of his wife. That's just what you do,
right? So he intends to do that. There's honor
in doing that. He just sees it more like an
occupation than a romance, and as long as
he still gets to paint, whatever arrangement
is fine by him.

- The age gaps between Percy and his brothers
mean they've never been very close. Verne is
12 years older than him, Julien is 8 years older,
and Wesley is 6 years older. They'd all left home
to sort out their own lives before Percy had even
reached his teenage years.

additional trivia:
- He's gifted a few original paintings to the Redbriars
over the years. Notably he was responsible for a painting
of the manor that the Sawyers gave them one year for
Enoch's birthday. That painting is still up in Enoch's office.
He also gave Evie a painting of flowers as an engagement
present.

- Doesn't really have a favorite thing to paint, though he's
the best at nature and architecture. Flowers or skylines
are his go-to subjects when he has art block.

- Being with the mafia for a year didn't really give him any
new, useful skills. At least, not any skills that would make
someone think twice about messing with him. However, he
has picked up a lot of gangster slang, and he's gotten
surprisingly good at decoding criminal speak.

given name: Percival Erasmus Sawyer
goes by: Percy
sexuality: gay? ace? does he know? does anyone?
role: fiance of Genevieve Redbriar

________◈________

appearance
He's only 5'8", but he seems taller because of how thin he is. He's frequently animated and nervous, and though he dresses well like someone of his status, he always seems a little frazzled and undone. He'll wear a nice jacket, but it won't be buttoned. If he's wearing a vest, he may not bother with a jacket at all. It's not uncommon to see a fleck of paint here and there on a shoe or a shirt cuff.

________◈________

personality
pos traits: sincere, passionate, creative
neutral traits: awkward, nervous, individualistic
neg traits: short-sighted, impulsive, oblivious

Percy isn't exactly a picture of grace and poise. He's used to no one paying attention to him, so he hasn't really developed the social skills needed to really fit in with high class society. People just accept that he's there, he's weird, and he's son number four of the Sawyer family, and thus no one important. Because he's incapable of making an impression on his own, he strives to stand out through his art. He loves painting, and he's been doing it ever since he was young. None of his brothers have the same artistic inclinations, so painting beautiful landscapes, portraits, and still-life was how he got attention from his parents most of the time. He's also sort of stupid. He never thinks anything through, and he's terrible at reading people. He frequently gets himself into trouble by jumping into things without asking questions or sticking his neck out where he doesn't need to. However, you can always trust him to speak his mind and be real with you. He couldn't manipulate someone if his life depended on it.

________◈________

personal history

Percy is the youngest of four brothers, and he's always lived in their shadows. As the youngest he got babied plenty as a child, but as a member of the family and carrier of the Sawyer family name, he was largely ignored. Never the brightest bulb, he was the butt of jokes often, and he had to carve out his own niche for himself. Eventually he settled on painting. When he was 18, he left home for Italy to go to art school.

He made friends easily there, but he quickly fell in with a rougher crowd than he was used to - not that he realized this - and in his mind they all got along great. Among his friends he quickly gained the reputation as the one who was the best at realism. The paintings he did were remarkably life-like, and he was really good at reproducing things as faithfully as one humanly could. One day while talking about the styles of famous classical painters, a friend challenged Percy, saying he probably couldn't paint something as good as Raphael or similar Renaissance painters. He took up that challenge happily and ended up making a near perfect reproduction of a classic painting. And this got his shady friends thinking.

So began the game of reproducing paintings from classical artists. For Percy, it was a fun exercise that he felt he got a lot out of, because he was learning how exactly the masters did what they did. For his friends, it was a get-rich-quick scheme, and they sold the reproductions of paintings that Percy made on the black market. They were quite successful at it for a while, but they were still dumb kids at heart, and all good things have to end. Eventually a reproduction made its way to a powerful, nefarious mobster who learned that the painting was a fake. Not happy about this, he confronted the people who sold it to him, and they in turn directed him to Percy, throwing their friend under the bus. The mobster then went to Percy, angry at being fooled. Percy had no idea what he was talking about, but managed to fumble his way through the conversation well enough to make the guy think twice about killing him outright. Eventually he was able to convince the mobster to take advantage of his talents for himself and promised to keep reproducing paintings that he could sell for profit. The man agreed.

Percy did not enjoy this new gig. He did get paid some for his work, but not what the gangsters were getting. He also wasn't able to paint his original works nearly as often as he would like, and when he did, no one cared about them. He started getting frustrated and angry with his lot, and he started sneaking in personal touches when reproducing old paintings. The usual collectors didn't notice, so it didn't matter. Then the mobsters tried to sell a painting to a museum, and the curators did notice. They got the police involved, creating a huge fiasco that all came down on Percy's head for putting the dead giveaway in the painting in the first place. He did manage to escape back to Britain and his family, and he's been hiding out in the country, doting on his fiance and trying to forget the whole thing ever happened. Problem is, criminals don't forgive and forget so easily, and Percy's actions have made it a lot harder for the mob to do their business, a fact which they are decidedly not happy about.

________◈________

alt fc (lmao this page is a mess)
Last edited by amithethird on Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Riko

Postby amithethird » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:59 am

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚝! _____________

_____________________________________𝙽𝚘, 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚖!

full name: Erika Pavone
goes by: Riko
species: human
nationality/race: American, white

archetypes:
occupations: doctor
elements: fire
animals:
weapons: knives, poison
best suited: crime, modern, urban fantasy
untested: slice of life, high fantasy
not suited:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

appearance: Riko is 5'9" with bright red hair and green eyes. Her posture is often relaxed, but guarded,
and her dress reflects that. She wears button-up shirts and nice pants, but she'll roll the sleeves up,
and almost always smells of cigarette smoke. Her lab coat is her accessory of choice when working,
but when she's out on the streets, she prefers an understated wool coat. She tries not to draw too
much attention to herself.

personality:
pos. traits: clever, resourceful, thick-skinned, motivated
neutral traits: entrepreneurial, unyielding, mischievous, perfectionistic
neg. traits: obsessive, vengeful, insensitive, unhinged

Riko has always been an uncompromising, coarse person who doesn't take crap from anyone. Her
ruthless practicality was a boon to her colleagues in emergent situations, and she always takes a
solution oriented approach to problems, unwilling to just sit around and let things pile up and fester.
She's also has a playful streak that comes out in the form or sarcasm and merciless teasing. However,
she can also be quite...volatile. The front of the stoic doctor cracks sometimes, revealing someone
who has spiraled into paranoia, compulsion, and bitterness. In a life free of stressors, she can certainly
be callous and selfish, but rarely aggressive or violent. When pushed to her breaking point, however,
she's a lot more willing to knock some heads together to get her point across, or employ means that
would break the Hippocratic oath several times over to get what she wants. She's more willing to talk
about herself with those she loves during times of relative peace, but as problems begin to pile up, she
becomes increasingly emotionally unavailable, hiding her pain behind quiet irritation and trying to
drown it out by working, smoking, and never sleeping.

history:

- Transitioned some time in her teenage years/early adulthood.
- Once was a respected doctor until unforeseeable events cost her her practice and her reputation. This
likely leads to either a vengeance quest or a desire for redemption. Or both.
- Insert a tragic loss coinciding with the loss of her reputation, and you have a recipe for a mad scientist
conspiracy theorist.
- Has found some other way to use her skills that may or may not be 100% legal.
- An identical twin is not required...but it is fun.

trivia:

- A chronic insomniac. Usually sleeps during odd hours.
- Likes her whiskey.
- Surprisingly strong. You get pretty buff when you're the one everyone calls during a Code Blue to run the
Code, and you don't trust anyone else to do the chest compressions right.
- She didn't become a doctor because she cares a great deal about other people. That's just the truth. For
better or for worse, she just enjoys playing God. It's the perfect challenge, to stare nature in the eye and
refuse to be bested by it.

𝙼𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍
𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚕
𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚘𝚞𝚝
𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎, 𝚜𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛
𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊
𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎. ​

𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚍
𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎
“𝙳𝚘𝚗’𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗!
𝚈𝚘𝚞’𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍
𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔.”

𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝
𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠
𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎’𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎
𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍
𝚋𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔.

𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚎
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢,

𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎’𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗.

𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗
𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢
𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎!

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕,

𝙸’𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗!!!

𝙸𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛._____________________________________

______________________________________𝙸𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕.

friends: ☀
positive: ✩
neutral: ☯
complicated: ∅
negative: ☁
enemies: ☢
romantic interest: ➵
family: ♠

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Variant Histories:

Living Legacies (the original): Where does one begin when describing the fall of the renowned Dr.
Taki-ni? I suppose it's best to start at the very beginning with her wedding.
Riko was still in medical school when she got married to Asuka. They met in school when Riko was 22,
and they were eager to spend their lives together. Asuka was the blue to Riko's red, the warmth to her
iciness. They didn't always agree, but they understood each other and balanced each other out. And
all the while Riko was sailing through medical school, a prodigy in her own right, and she was well on
her way to landing a position at a prestigious hospital. But their happiness wouldn't last. After Riko
graduated, everything started to fall apart.
Mere months after starting her new job, her wife fell ill. Riko became obsessed with figuring out what
was wrong with Asuka, and every moment she didn't spend with her other patients, she spent pouring
over textbooks. Other doctors couldn't pin-point Asuka's exact disorder either, and all anyone could do
was manage her symptoms and pray they didn't get worse. But get worse they did. As Asuka got sicker,
Riko grew colder. She was a brilliant doctor who saved countless lives, but sometimes her colleges
questioned her methods. She never got reprimanded for unconventional practices, though, because she
always got results. They trusted her...but only just, and sometimes it felt like everyone was just waiting
for justification for their deep unease around her.
That justification came a year ago. Asuka had an episode that landed her in the hospital, and this time
it didn't look like she would be coming home unless someone did something radical. Everyone expected
Riko to finally snap and do something that finally got someone killed. Then Asuka started getting better.
But as she got better, Riko got more agitated, and no one could figure out why. She charted Asuka's vitals
obsessively, poured over her medications, and insisted that she could handle her wife's case by herself.
Few people were allowed to get too close for too long. It seemed like she'd gone completely insane, and
then it happened.
Asuka died.
Suddenly. Tragically. Flat-lined out of nowhere, and no amount of CPR could bring her back. She was just
gone, killed by a cocktail of painkillers and other medications that could have killed a horse. And of course
everyone looked to Riko. Who else could have done it? Riko was known for experimenting. For eschewing
standard practice. For playing God with patient's lives. It didn't matter that she always got results. Everyone
realized far too late that they never should have let her get away with any of this. Of course Riko denied
killing her wife, but no one believed her. No one pressed charges out of pity, but she was still stripped of
her medical license and cast out in disgrace.
So what really happened?
Well, first of all, Riko was telling the truth. She didn't kill her wife. She knew who did, though. There was
no one else it could have been, and they'd all but announced themselves before they did it. She just
couldn't prove it. Not in a way that mattered.
Half way through medical school, Asuka's funds ran out and she realized she wouldn't be able to stay in
school. Riko didn't want her to give up on her dreams, but she didn't have enough money for both of them.
So she did something very unwise: she borrowed some money from the most powerful connection she had
and put it into Asuka's education under the guise of signing her up for a scholarship or finding some other
generous donor. Her wife never questioned it, and in the end it didn't matter as she wasn't able to finish
school anyway. However, the debt remained, and with Asuka's medical bills to take care of, Riko found it
increasingly difficult to pay it back. When she started lapsing on her payments, the mob was less than
pleased. During Asuka's last hospital stay, Riko found signs that the mob was there, watching the both of
them, and she became increasingly paranoid. She did everything she could to keep other people away from
Asuka, but of course, she failed and incriminated herself in the process.
Even after losing everything, Riko refused to lie down and be defeated. She immediately established an
illegal practice and reconnected with her brother, figuring she could put his connections to good use. Now
she's hanging back, embracing her new life as a criminal, and biding her time. All she cares about is finding
the person who carried out the hit on her wife and making sure they suffer as much as she did for their
actions.

(relationships) Asuka: When they first met, Riko was on the tail end of her transition and just striking
out on her own for the first time. She was a lot quieter back then, and Asuka being a social butterfly decided
to take her under her wing since it looked like she could use some friends. However, as they got to know each
other, Riko got more confident and Asuka realized that she'd befriended a stone-cold ladder climber who just
hadn't hit her stride yet. And hit her stride she did. Riko came out her shell a lot their second year at
university, and that's around the time Asuka fell in love with her bold confidence. Riko in turn fell in love with
how compassionate Asuka was, and being around her made her feel less like a robot filled with ambition and
textbook quotes and more like a human being. Riko considered Asuka to be her moral compass. For most of
their relationship, this was more or less an inside joke. Asuka teased Riko that she would go total mad scientist
without her around to keep her straight. Of course Riko would laugh along, but neither she nor Asuka realized
how true that was. Now when Riko thinks about it, she still can't help but laugh at the bitter irony.

- She and Noritaka are identical twins. She transitioned as a teenager before she went off to medical school.
- She's become a chronic insomniac in the past year. Usually sleeps during odd hours, which works out fine for
her. Most of her clients are looking to avoid the daylight anyway.
- Goes out of her way to steal her supplies from her old hospital. It's what they deserve.
- Frequents Vera's bar. Gotta keep her finger on the pulse of the underworld after all. Plus the drinks are
good, and boy does she need a drink every once in a while. Or all the time.
- She picked the name Noriko when she was transitioning just so that she can answer to "Nori" while her
brother is in the same room. Just to mess with him. Her deadname doesn't even start with an N.
- She doesn't wear her wedding ring on her finger anymore. She doesn't like getting questions about it. But
she does keep it on a chain around her neck, both hers and Asuka's.

Living Legacies (new and improved): sdasdadasdas

𝚆𝚎’𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘𝚝
𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏
𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎.

𝙸𝚝’𝚜
"𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐’𝚜
𝚌𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎."

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚡𝚝
𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕
𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝚢𝚘𝚞’𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐.

𝚂𝚘 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜
𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞’𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚛.

𝙽𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚍
𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚜,
𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚗’𝚝
𝚜𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜
𝚒𝚗 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎
𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚍𝚘𝚗’𝚝
𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑,
𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍
𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎.
Last edited by amithethird on Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: insert fancy title here | Third's Character Storage

Postby amithethird » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:08 am

𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝓇𝑜𝒸𝓀.
𝒞𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒.

𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹
𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝒶𝓁.

full name: Avery Laurent Kane
goes by: Kane or Sir. Close friends may call him Avery, but never in a working environment. That's an easy way to make him annoyed and flustered.
sexuality: asexual biromantic
role: the rossi's advisor

Moral of the Story - Watsky
Friends Are Dead - Dresses
The World - TeZATalks
Again - Flyleaf
Immortal - MARINA

appearance: Kane is 5'10" with dark, messy hair, and brown eyes. He's often very rigid in his body language,
but he's surprisingly relaxed in his dress for someone who acts so cold. He'll wear suits to meetings and other
occasions where he wants to present an especially strong image, but he's usually more comfortable in business
casual. Cardigans, tweed jackets, vests, plain colored ties. He looks like someone's history teacher.

personality:
pos. traits: unshakable, patient, resourceful, compassionate
neutral traits: strict, idealistic, organized, calculating
neg. traits: antisocial, uncompromising, uptight, patronizing

No one would describe Kane as a fun person to be around. He's not the kind of guy you invite to hang out
with you at the bar, because there's not enough alcohol in the world to get him to loosen up. Everyone who
knows him has probably at one point described him as a bullheaded jerk who probably wouldn't know a
genuine emotion if it bit him in the butt, and they're not entirely wrong. Kane has very exacting standards,
and believes he knows best how things ought to be done. He rarely drops the guise of professionalism and
authority around those he works with in the mafia. He's very good at his job, though, and no one can deny
that if you give him a job, it'll be done quickly, and it'll be done right. There are a few people who have
managed to get past the icy wall he's built around himself, though, and those people are often the ones who
have actually cared to pay attention to what's really going on underneath the surface. Kane may not act it,
but he cares a lot about people, and he doesn't believe that anyone is born evil. It's the reason he hasn't
completely given up on people even though many of his fellows seem to have been ground down over time
by the world and its problems. He has unshakable faith in people's ability to pull themselves up out of the
mud, and he's just enough of a stubborn rat to help even the most detestable people thought it. Deep down,
he's a very soft, idealistic person who will go through hell for the people he's decided to care about.

history:

Immortality has, by and large, agreed with Kane. Many of the classic things long-lived people get hung up on
have only briefly sunk their teeth into him before being discarded. He's always been a ruthless pragmatist in
that sense, and often he feels like the only person among the six immortals of New York who's managed to
keep it together. Of course, that's not entirely true - he has his own baggage same as everyone else. It's just
a little harder to find.

Born in Italy in the 1400s, Kane grew up with the others and was privy to much of the family drama
surrounding Rhys and Kaizuki, right up until magic and elixirs became part of the picture. When Kai offered
immortality to him, he spent a long time thinking it through. He could see a lot of pros and cons to the deal,
but in the end the allure of being able to choose when he felt he was done, instead of being taken out by
some random whim of fate, won out.

Because here's the thing. Kane doesn't believe in this idea that they're all actually going to be alive forever.
Everything dies. Everything ends. Everyone will lose people they care about too soon. Everyone will watch
people they care about waste away. Everyone will one day find that their own body is betraying them as they
age. Everyone will one day wake up and realize that they don't recognize the world they live in anymore. The
immortals are no exception. They're just experiencing it all in slow motion.

Kane used to wear his heart on his sleeve. He was the kind of kid who brought injured birds home and who
couldn't be trusted to hang on to any coins you gave him, because they'd just end up in the hands of
someone he thought needed it more. His mother always told him that the world would try to beat that out
of him. That everyone would tell him he needed to grow up, and that the world was cold and cruel, and it
was useless to care. She told him to never believe those people, because the only thing that keeps the entire
world from being cold and cruel is people who care, and he took that to heart. It's something he's never
forgotten, even if it's gotten harder and harder to hang onto that belief over the years.

There was never one big event that turned Kane cold. It was always little things that piled up, teaching him
that being earnest and naïve wouldn't get him anywhere. Troublesome friends took advantage of him. People
made fun of him for trying to befriend bullies and degenerates that he couldn't get through to. New friends
he chose to open up to and be vulnerable with just ended up hurting him. His own mother even told him after
years of being worn down by the stresses of life that he couldn't help everyone. She said some people just
couldn't change, and sometimes you just had to look out for yourself and forget about everyone else. He took
that into consideration as well, but instead of giving up on having compassion for others, he decided he
would just have to figure out how to do it without letting others get close enough to hurt him.

The next 100 years after he was given the elixir were peaceful, but that peace didn't last, especially after
everyone became so fixated on choosing sides. For a while he thought Allegra had the right idea running off
to get away from all the drama, but he didn't want to follow suit and deepen the divides between everyone.
At this point in his life, Kane was still more of a peacemaker than an ice king, even if he'd stopped wearing
all of his emotions on his sleeve, and he wanted Kaizuki and Rhys to try and compromise with each other, or
at least talk. He knew Vera wanted the same thing he did, and the two of them worked together to try and
fix things, with little success. Even so, he put off really choosing a side for the next 20 years or so until Vera
and Sage were both imprisoned and tried for witchcraft.

Up until this point he hadn't really thought much about the pros and cons of sharing the gift of immortality
with others. He didn't have a strong opinion on whether it was a curse or a blessing, and as long as Kai and
Rhys were fighting, he didn't see a reason to. What happened to Vera and Sage scared him, though. This was
an awful thing that happened because they were immortal, and he started having his doubts. He sided with
Rhys for a while, trying to make up his mind, but the stress of Italy's political climate at the time, combined
with his continued uncertainty about where he stood on the feud, got to him. He ended up leaving the
country completely and spent the next 200 years or so on his own. He went to England and Ireland, Russian,
even as far as the Ottoman Empire, dodging back and forth all around Europe, trying to avoid the latest
armed conflict. He pursued Enlightenment thinkers and inventors, learning as much as he could about the
world and looking for reasons not to give up on humanity. In the end, he found it. For every terrible person
he encountered, he met someone who was forward thinking, kind, and intelligent. The only problem was
these people were not always met with kindness from the greater population, and sometimes he grew
frustrated with the fact that the people trying to improve the lives of others were often met with scorn.

When Vera decided to leave the Rossis and go to America, he returned home to say goodbye to her properly.
She talked to him about Kaizuki, and about how even now she was trying to convince him to reconcile with
his brother. That talk convinced him to return to the fold permanently, and he joined the Rossi family with
the hopes that Kaizuki's ambitions of recreating the elixir could be used for the good of the world. Something
like that could be used to keep those forward thinkers alive long enough to share their ideas. Kane felt very
strongly that immortality could be a good thing for everyone.

He kept in contact with Vera as much as he could while also trying to do his part to keep the Rossis in line.
While his time alone certainly toughened him up and helped him get clear on what he even wanted out of
this life he'd been given, his time as Kaizuki's advisor was what really hardened him. It molded him into the
frigid person he is today. These days his goal of using the elixir to preserve works and ideas worth saving has
not changed much, though it's certainly not something he's making very fast progress on. But that's fine
with him. These things don't happen overnight, and he does have time, after all.

ℐ'𝓂 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽
𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝒸𝑒-𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒
𝑔𝓇𝑒𝓎 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻
ℰ𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹.

ℐ'𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁
ℐ 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒹𝑜
𝒾𝓈 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓀
𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉.

𝒲𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
𝓊𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝒶𝓁𝓁
𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒
𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶
𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁
𝑔𝒶𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓃.

ℐ 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝓈𝑜 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓁, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎
𝓈𝓊𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒.

𝒪𝒽, 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉,
𝒾𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝑜
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹.

trivia:
- The reason Kane
hates being called
Avery so much isn't
because he hates
his name. It's his
way of testing
people. When he
asks to be called by
his last name and
people think that's
dumb and ignore
him, that tells him
they'll ignore him
later too over
things that actually
do matter. It's how
he gauges how
much people
respect him. And
he will continue
to make even the
people who do
listen to him call
him Kane until he's
sure that their
respect isn't
conditional.

- His obsession with
being respected
often means he
chooses that over
closeness with
others. Under the
right conditions,
he can be really
easy to melt just
because he's so
starved for any
kind of personal
connection or
intimacy.

𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒
𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒿𝑒𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓈
𝒶𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒,
𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹
𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉.

ℐ 𝒸𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓊𝓅
𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒾𝓃
𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹𝒶𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈,
𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒
𝒻𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎
𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒
𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝒹.

ℬ𝓊𝓉 ℐ'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉
𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝒹.

ℐ'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉
𝒸𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝒹.

ℐ 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝒸𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃
𝒹𝒾𝓇𝓉.

𝒮𝑜𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓇𝑒.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊
𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓇𝑒.

ℐ 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶
𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹
𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉
𝒸𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓅
𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇
𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇.

𝒮𝑜𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓇𝑒.

ℐ'𝓂 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒,
𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎
𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓈.

ℐ𝒻 ℐ 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝓊𝓎
𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑒,
ℐ 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝓊𝓎 𝒾𝓉
𝓉𝓌𝒾𝒸𝑒.

rough: Mandarin Chinese, German, French

Avery Cathán (used interchangeably with above name after marrying Muirne Cathán)
Avery Kane (Anglicized version of above, used after leaving Ireland)

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒
𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎
𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎'𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈
𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝑜𝓃.

ℬ𝓊𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎,
𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒶
𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓂.

𝒲𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒
𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹.

𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶
𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓋𝒶𝒾𝓃.

ℬ𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇.

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒾𝓈
𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒.

trivia (cont.):

- He keeps extensive
records of his life in
books written in many
different languages.
The majority of these
are in storage in a
climate controlled
bank vault.

- He's actually been
in more relationships
than one might expect
given the...everything
about him. He even
got married for a
while when he was on
his own, about 300
years ago. She knew
he was immortal and
they both knew he
would outlive her, but
that never bothered
them much. He still
looks back on those
days with fondness.

- Kane may not be
worried about out-
living friends or
family but he draws
the line at having
children. It’s one of
the few things he
doesn’t approach
with his usual brand
of nonchalance. He
just doesn’t want
to bury a child.

- Pretty good with
a gun, though he
doesn't often need
to use those skills.
That's also the
only aspect of
combat he's good
at. Normally he
leaves the fighting
to others and just
directs from the
shadows.

𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉
𝓌𝑒 𝒹𝑜 𝒾𝒻 𝒻𝑜𝓇,
𝓉𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒
𝒶 𝓈𝓅𝒶𝒸𝑒
𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎,
𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒
𝒽𝓊𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑒.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Valka

Postby amithethird » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 am

━━━━━━ ━━━━━━

full name: Valka Shieldcutter
role: the barkeep

appearance: Valka is 5'6" with blue hair and
eyes. She's rarely out of uniform - a simple apron
over warm, neutral colored tunics and pants - and
she often wears a stern expression. Her clothes are
frequently covered in flour and other kitchen mess.
Valka also bears visible marks of her pact with her
patron, though most are only active when she uses
her power. Her eyes turn red and black, dark veins
that glow and pulse like embers criss-cross her body,
and she becomes wreathed in strange flames that
seem to warp and flow almost like water. The only
mark that never disappears is a patch of veins like
cracks that spread out from the nape of her neck,
down her back and up the back of her head. The
cracks originate from a blackened patch of skin
about as wide and long as a cut one might make
with a knife. They're barely visible under her hair
and above the collar of her shirt.

━━━━━━ ━━━━━━

ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀᴅᴠɪᴄᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀsᴘɪʀɪɴɢ ғɪʀᴇs,
ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ
ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡɪʟᴅ.

personality
insightful, driven, clever, confident
independent, ambitious, stubborn, risk-taking
fickle, abrasive, rude, contrary, egotistical

Valka used to be timid, focused only on her own survival, and that has made her strong and resourceful, but now that she has the power of a volcanic spirit on her side, she knows there's no need to be so meek. She has confidence in spades, though many would say it's unearned. She's a braggart with an ego, and though she's not exactly above mingling with the unwashed masses, she still thinks she's better than them. She never backs down from a challenge, and she's not afraid to brow-beat people until they give her what she wants. In the kitchen her abrasiveness can become outright cruelty, as she frequently berates her staff, micromanaging every aspect of their work to make sure that it's done right. When she's not being an absolute demon, she can be a good person to come to for advice. She's got an ancient being forged from the center of the earth sharing brain space, and she can think herself out of any problem, so between the two of them, you're bound to get a decent solution to your problem.

Valka is known for saying and doing strange things. Most people think she's some kind of illusionist with the way she makes her appearance frightening in order to intimidate people in her tavern, and most don't believe the outlandish stories and boasts she shares. However, people also know that nothing gets past her. Despite her loud demeanor, she always has her ears open, and you want to take care when speaking around her. Overall, she has a reputation for being somewhat insane, but if you want information, she's a good source, and no one can deny she serves the best food and drinks in town.

━━━━━━
━━━━━━

history
Valka is no stranger to unfit kings. Her history is long, frightening, and laden with horrors that she prefers not to think about, but her recent history begins about ten years ago. In the country of Eadran, she lived in servitude with an order of priests dedicated to a volcanic spirit that lived in the mountain overshadowing their city. They prayed to this spirit to appease it, and the head priest, Valka's master, would often travel to a cave in the deepest part of the mountain to commune with the spirit and ask it for insight. Then one day the being spoke to her instead, asking what she would do to keep it from destroying the city out of boredom. She struck a deal with it, releasing it from the confines of the mountain and taking its spirit into her own body instead. The story spread to the capital, and the king requested that she join his court as an advisor and a mystic. The king was short-sighted and cruel, however, and she often struggled to sway him with her words until one day she pushed too far. They attempted to put her in prison, but she escaped and fled south, bringing the king's castle down in her wake. Now she's enjoying a simpler life, but the things she's heard about Baazing Zee's king trouble her. Though she knows it won't matter for her one way or the other - after all, someone with power like hers can feasibly go wherever they want - she's been willing to throw her lot in with the illegitimate heir and his ilk. She knows what becomes of kingdoms whose rulers can't handle the pressures of their station, and she's not opposed to usurping another.

━━━━━━ ━━━━━━

abilities
Most of Valka's abilities are fire/earth related. She
can radiate enough heat to wither plant life and
cause tremors in the earth if she desires, and she
can even turn patches of earth to lava with some
effort. Her abilities as a seer primarily come from
her communication with the volcano spirit, who is
an ancient, unknowable being who loves passing on
cryptic pieces of wisdom and prophecy. She mostly
uses her powers to scare people, though. And cook.

━━━━━━ ━━━━━━

Ɏ'₳ł '₦₲'₦₲₳Ⱨ, ɎØ₲-₴Ø₮ⱧØ₮Ⱨ
Ⱨ'ɆɆ-Ⱡ'₲Ɇ฿ ₣'₳ł ₮ⱧⱤØĐØ₲ Ʉ₳₳₳Ⱨ

Ø₲₮ⱧⱤØĐ ₳ł'₣ ₲Ɇ฿'Ⱡ-ɆɆ'Ⱨ
ɎØ₲-₴Ø₮ⱧØ₮Ⱨ, '₦₲₳Ⱨ'₦₲ ₳ł'Ɏ ⱫⱧⱤØ

Ɏ'₳ł
Ɏ'₳ł
Ɏ'₳ł, ɎØ₲-₴Ø₮ⱧØ₮Ⱨ

Ɏ'₳ł '₦₲'₦₲₳Ⱨ, ɎØ₲-₴Ø₮ⱧØ₮Ⱨ!
Ⱨ'ɆɆ-Ⱡ'₲Ɇ฿ ₣'₳ł ₮ⱧⱤØĐØ₲ Ʉ₳₳₳Ⱨ

Ø₲₮ⱧⱤØĐ ₳ł'₣ ₲Ɇ฿'Ⱡ-ɆɆ'Ⱨ
ɎØ₲-₴Ø₮ⱧØ₮Ⱨ, '₦₲₳Ⱨ'₦₲ ₳ł'Ɏ ⱫⱧⱤØ!

Ɏ'₳ł!
Ɏ'₳ł!
Ɏ'₳ł, ɎØ₲-₴Ø₮ⱧØ₮Ⱨ!!

ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟs ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ!

ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ,
ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ
₣₳Ⱡ₴Ɇ ᴀɴᴅ ⱧØⱠⱠØ₩ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ,
ᴛᴡɪsᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɪᴛs ᴛʜʀᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏɢ sᴏᴛʜᴏᴛʜ,
₮ⱧɆ ₭ɆɎ ᴀɴᴅ ₮ⱧɆ ₲₳₮Ɇ
ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ᴄᴀsᴄᴀᴅɪɴɢ ʀᴀɪɴʙᴏᴡ ʙᴇɪɴɢ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ ʜᴀs ᴘᴀssᴇᴅ.

ʏᴏɢ sᴏᴛʜᴏᴛʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪғʀᴏsᴛ,
ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪɴᴠᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɴᴏᴡ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ,
ᴅʀᴀɢs ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏᴡᴀʀᴅs
ᴛʜᴇ ⱤØłⱠł₦₲ ₦Ʉ₵ⱠɆ₳Ɽ ₵Ⱨ₳Ø₴
ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ₥₳Đ ĐɆ₳₥Ø₦ ₴ɄⱠ₮₳₦
ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɴᴛʀᴇ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ!

ᴀ ʙɪʟʟɪᴏɴ
₴₵ⱤɆ₳₥ł₦₲
₴QɄ₳₥ØɄ₴

ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴀᴄʜ,
ᴏᴏᴢɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ
ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ₴Ⱨ₳₮₮ɆⱤɆĐ ₮₳₮₮ɆⱤ₴
ᴏғ ᴀ sᴀɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ!

₳ⱠⱠ ₮ⱧɆ ĐØØⱤ₴ ₳ⱤɆ Ø₱Ɇ₦ ₦Ø₩

━━━━━━ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━
━━━━━━

the king, castor redmorn:
Hearing of the king's illness was not good news for Valka. She just came from a kingdom that was falling apart from the inside out because of an unfit ruler. She's not eager to repeat that experience. As far as she can tell, Castor isn't a cruel or insane king - far from it - but with conflicts brewing all around them, she doubts he has the strength needed to push back.

the king's attendant, saewon agawa:
Obviously suspicious of him since he works for the king, but she can't figure out his angle. He very well might just be a confused soft boy dating an antisocial weirdo who just happens to be the enemy, no strings attached, and that baffles her. At least he's not a threat. Probably.

the right-hand man, aurelius d'artagnan:
He's a regular in her bar, and she appreciates his business. He's an incurable flirt, but he's learned to reign it in with her. She controls the flow of mead around here, after all. If patrons get rowdy in her tavern, she can always count on Aurelius to rectify the situation so she doesn't have to divert her focus away from her kitchen. That alone is worth its weight in gold.

the cook, ismene adair:
They've never had cause to meet, though she'd be interested to meet anyone who Hecate considers a friend.

the gardener, rhoswen sireli:
They've also never had cause to meet, and her opinion of Rho should they cross paths would be extremely neutral.

the lady of the court, rosaria irving:
The two run in completely different social circles, and thus haven't had a chance to meet. However, it's very likely that they would either butt heads or together be an unstoppable force of stubbornness.

the illegitimate heir, kenji hagihara: ∅/➵
Valka doesn't want to be governed by a weak king, but she doesn't want to be governed by an arrogant one either. She thinks Kenji will do a better job than his half-brother, but she's also not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. She enjoys pushing his buttons and challenging him, seeing just how he'll react. Sometimes this antagonism can come across as flirty, which she claims is purely to mess with him. But he's an attractive guy, alright? Lay off.

the heir's right-hand man, noriyaki hideyoshi:
They're not the type you'd expect to be friends, but they get along pretty well. Valka respects the way Nori handles his responsibilities as well as his ambition. She's also aware that he doesn't fully trust her, which she enjoys playing with. Creeping him out on purpose is a favorite pastime, but when push comes to shove, he'd be one of the few people she'd actually feel bad about disappointing.

the spy, crina vasile:
She's hired Crina as entertainment in the tavern a few times before getting involved in the rebellion. She thinks the girl is sweet, but that's sort of the problem, isn't it? She can't tell if this girl is actually too soft to be dealing in business like this, or if she's some kind of master manipulator. Either way, she's not willing to let her guard down in case Crina does something that screws everything up.

the doctor, hecate: ☯/✩
She's often not sure how to act around Hecate. They're both from Gria, which should give them a natural, easy thing to bond over, but Valka was taken from her homeland when she was very young, whereas Hecate is much more connected to her own culture. Valka can't help but feel a little envious of that. She acts much more subdued around Hecate than one might expect, and she rarely gives her a hard time. She tries to act like Hecate's presence doesn't affect her, but she can't help but be curious.

the bounty hunter, shouta fujimori:
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me