Character development help

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Character development help

Postby Waytown » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:05 am

I have a variation of Ashfur from Warrior Cats made specifically for an AU I made where he never ended up going on his villain arc and ended up creating a makeshift cat group with a few other cats. How would I flesh this out more so it doesn't look like he was simply thrown into this situation? Most of the character growth techniques I've tried out by writing for him in a brainstorming book I have ended up making him FAR too out of character.

After all of the wasted years, need to get a taste of your fear, need a little taste of your blood, then we can finally be one. You're everything that I ever wanted, just a single bite and I'm through! There's no need to beg or bargain, because all I need is you.
Sentinel Design Fail
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Links page under re-construction
Waytown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character development help

Postby Wyverncult » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:46 pm

hi! hope it's okay to reply despite it being a while! ^^

my general rule of thumb; keep the base personality the same. you can have the same character in a protagonist or antagonistic role, but their ideals or actions may have changed. perhaps they're entirely the same, but their goals have simply changed; are the stakes now higher or lower for them?

straying from the source is perfectly acceptable in an RP, so don't feel pressured to emulate the original. character growth is great, so if things are different, think of the character like a fun puzzle for you to figure out~

playing redeemed/AU villain characters is super fun, best of luck with your rp! ^^

Busy taking university classes.
I will get your owed art to you!

Lights are off!
xxxx

rec me some
retro games!‎

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

_now playing:_

MMO: FFXI + FFXIV
MMX; FFXIII
RE3; NMH2