Adopted

Username: Baobabel
    Name: Night's Emergence // Skölli
    Height: 18 in
    Weight: 35 lbs
    Color: Liver based Gold Faulty Eryth Blixt
    Genotype: aa bb cchcch DD Eer hh II KbxKbx mm SS tt UU LL

--

This collie is a part of the initial launch set for Faulty Eryth (Eer), a mixed expression of a collie's eryth and non-eryth colors which is heritable in the same manner as ghost and seal. The collies in this set are not related, and may be bred to each other or to descendants of one another! Each user may apply for as many collies in this set as they would like, but can only win one.

200-500 word story!
    Write a short story about something special in this collies life that happened at sunset!
    Ends January 28th unless extensions are requested.

Last edited by Griffin Torrens on Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #769 OPEN

Postby NoodleDOOT » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:35 pm

Username: NoodleDOOT
Name: Hinode
Name Meaning: translates to sunrise in japanese
Prompt: Hinode had always been alone, he preferred it like that. He never cared much for anything, never felt like he belonged, no matter how many friends he met on his way. He wandered along the beach and spotted a group of collies play in the sand and splash around in the ocean. He rolled his eyes at the playful group and continued to wander past the group. They all stopped and looked at him.

He continued walking down the beach and the sun had started setting when he saw two collies jump around in little tide pools. He walked a little closer, somehow he was drawn to them. They stopped and looked at him. He was surprised, they looked like him. One of them, the red one ran excited over to him, and invited him to join them. Hinode was a bit hesitant, but the red collie kept trying to get him to play. He gave in and followed the red collie. The red collie introduced himself as Kumo and also introduced his dad Whisp. The sun started to set even more and made the sky glow in the prettiest orange colours and Hinode really saw how pretty and magical a sunset could be when not watching it alone, but with friends. Because that's what he found during this magical sunset, friends for life, and a place he could call home.
Last edited by NoodleDOOT on Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NoodleDOOT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kadayah » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:07 pm

Username: Kadayah
Name: Secunda
Name Meaning: Secunda is one of the moons in the video game series The Elder Scrolls.
Prompt: As the sun fell low on the horizon, Secunda, found herself in a flourishing meadow bathed in the golden hues of twilight. A soft breeze ruffled her dense fur, carrying the scent of lilac and jasmine. Intrigued, Secunda followed the delicate trail of fragrance.

Amidst the tall grass, she stumbled upon a field of fireflies, twinkling like the stars on Earth. Mesmerized, Secunda playfully chased the gentle glows, her legs dancing in harmony with the enchanting display. The sunset’s warmth embraced her, casting a magical aura over this unexpected encounter.

In that fleeting moment, Secunda became part of a whimsical dance between nature's wonders and a dog's boundless joy. As the sun bid farewell, Secunda sat amidst the luminous field, a canine symphony under the canvas of a sunset sky, etching a memory of pure magic in her puppy heart.
| INFJ | Virgo | Adult | 🔒 | Animal mom |

Kadayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cincil. » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Username: cincil.
    Name: CoR's Stories of the Sand "Dune"
    Name Meaning: a mound of sand formed by the wind, usually along the beach or in a desert. they grow as grains of sand accumulate.
    Prompt: [331/500]

--
Last edited by cincil. on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cincil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Username: coaliev
    Name: Golden Light | Aiopis
    Name Meaning: was, according to greek mythology, one of the nymphs of evening and sunsets
    Prompt:

Aiopis anxiously perched atop the hill, gazing into the horizon with hopeful eyes. She had been anxiously awaiting the return of her human, who had promised to be back before the seventh day's end. However, as the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting long shadows across the landscape, Aiopis couldn't shake the worry gnawing at her.

With each passing moment, Aiopis scanned the horizon, her ears perked up in anticipation. The sun, now a mere sliver on the edge of the world, cast a warm glow over the hill. Just as despair began to take hold, a silhouette emerged in the fading light. The distant figure bore a striking resemblance to her human.

Aiopis's heart leapt, and her tail started to wag furiously. The outline of her beloved human became clearer as he approached, conquering the final stretch of the journey. Relief flooded through Aiopis, manifesting in joyful barks that echoed through the quiet evening. Her human, weary yet determined, continued his ascent up the hill.

As the last fragments of daylight embraced the landscape, Aiopis and her human were reunited. The bond between them was palpable as they shared a moment of silent understanding. Aiopis nuzzled against her human, expressing the depth of her concern and the overwhelming joy of his return.

The two companions descended the hill together, shadows growing longer in the fading light. Aiopis, now reassured of her human's safety, walked proudly by his side. He was here, he was home.
    (246 words)
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 am

Username: Baobabel
Name Meaning: Sköll- A wolf in Norse mythology (son of Fenrir) that chases the sun
Prompt:
It had been many moons since he last felt warm, safe, and fed. Scared and all alone at night. Scavenging and searching during the day. Searching for what, he's not sure but he knows there must be some place out there where he's not alone. He didn't know where to go so every morning he rose with the light at his back, then chased the sun to its end on the horizon. The race had been growing longer. The day's light had been extending these past weeks and months. The sunset a prolonged display. But always returned to darkness. And then the new chase the next morning.

It was nearing sundown again. While young in age, his body and mind were tired. His paws hurt and stomach ached. He wasn't sure how many more solitary nights he could stand. The colors leeching from the earth pulled the hope from his heart. The slowly dimming sky reflected the weariness in his soul. He stopped walking and prepared to slump into sleep for the night, knowing he might not have the strength or spirit to rise with the sun in the morning. It would have to continue its race without him.
As he got ready to slump to the ground, something caused him to pause.

A soft sound broke through the dimming forest. Quiet yet strong, alluring in tone. He listened, entranced, as his weary legs seemed to move of their own accord towards the sound. He crept closer and closer. He fought his way through the bush and when he looked up, he froze. There in the open glade, right on the cliffside. A human, swirling and singing. Basking in the setting rays. She leapt and twirled as she sung her serenade. Her song to the sun on this solstice day. She was backlit by the setting sun as he watched her shadow and silhouette in an intricate tango. So memorized was he, that he didn't initially realize he had joined in. His body twined between her legs. His exhaustion forgotten as he leapt with her in synchronization. And as the last rays of the sun dimmed from the sky, he joined her in a last note of jubilation. As his howl faded, they stood panting beside each other to bid the light goodbye.

He found a home that solstice and now treasures every sunset he gets with his human. They sit and watch the sun go to rest each evening and it's a reminder he's not alone in the dark anymore.

(word count 421)
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:14 pm

Username: kijauni
Name: LoK Colours Of A Lifetime I Tramontu
Name Meaning: The name means Sunset in Corsican :3
Prompt:
Tramontu was wandering up the hill. He was nervous. His tail was flicking between his hindlegs, his ears pinched down a bit.
A soft huff came out of him as he was worrying about the future. His future.
Every step was heavy on him, every meter walked felt like 1 hour and 1 second.
And then - all off a sudden - the hilltop was reached. He glanced over the land laying at his feet.
The soft, green roaring hills rolling into the horizon. The small patches of forest dotted around the land, like an artist working with a rough paintbrush. A divine blue lake glistening in the distance, reflecting the lights of the setting Sun.
Right - reflecting the lights of the setting sun. Tramontu turned his head and walked further, further towards the point he was told to stand.
The Sun was about to set fully and he gazed upon the play of light.
A Sun as red as Lava was nested into the hills. Half her body was gone already. Tramontu followed the rays of light with his eyes, how they stood out against the blue sky and faded from deep red to orange to softest shades of pink, nearly touching the darkness encroaching from the other side of the hill.
Suddenly, a gust of wind blew some speckles of dust and leaves at Tramontu, his eyes tearing up. He didn't knew if it was from the wind or what was about to happen.
As he watched the beauty of the Sun die to be newborn the next day, his heart turned to Stone. He could feel his limps getting stiff, until he couldn't move them anymore. He could feel his beautiful liver fur stop waving in the wind and now being chisled upon his body. He sat down with his last movements, the cold of the stone creeping up his body.
And as the last ray of sunshine burst out and the sun sank fully behind the hills, Tramontu thought his last thought.
"My daugther. You are worth this and more. I love you."

A single drop of water, maybe a tear, fell down the statue of a dog. It was sitting on the egde of a meadow, on the top of the hill. Gazing over the land as if it was watching something.

(388 words. I went a bit fantastical route with this one, I hope it was ok <3)

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #769 Adopted

Postby Griffin Torrens » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:57 pm

Baobabel wrote:Username: Baobabel
Name Meaning: Sköll- A wolf in Norse mythology (son of Fenrir) that chases the sun
Prompt:
-snip-

Congratulations!
    There were so many good entries but this one stood out to me the most!
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #769 Adopted

Postby Baobabel » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:36 pm

Thank you!!! My first Blixt and a gorgeous collie! Wonderful prompt and lovey entries by everyone!
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me