Nick's Pets Beginner Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Nick's Pets Beginner Guide

Postby Fishie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:05 pm

A Beginner's Guide to Nick Pets

Hey everybody, it's Nick here. I'm normally the one who is maintaining all the "behind-the-scenes" stuff - all the code for the pets and trading system. But right now I'm letting my creativity shine with some new pets!

On April Fool's day Nick started creating his own adoptables. Who is Nick? Well, Nick is Tess' brother, he's one of the CS admins, and focuses mostly on the technical stuff, he basically keeps the site running, so it was surprising to see that he had made some pets for us. Now we can see why his adoptables weren't out before :lol: Nick's adopts look like they were made... well, by a child (no offense to Nick) A joke? Perhaps. After all, this was written on the thread 'An April Fool's Day Pet? users suggested things that might be done for April Fool's, and one suggestion seemed to have been liked:
SplashSilver wrote:Oh man, something like that would be hilarious.
Maybe even a new animal as a pet, or one that's drawn or colored really, really badly (or with far too much detail).
It would be funny if, on April 1st, the dogs suddenly looked like something out of three minutes in MS Paint.
Indeed, we saw just that.

April Fools!
The first of Nick's pets was based of this rare July, the sundog:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/958.jpg
Nick's newborn was very different from Tess' newborn on the right:
Image Image
The adoption limit was small, only 3 pets per person. Probably because there were only 2 outcomes.
The PPS sundog was rare:
while the grown sundog was common:
Everyone seemed to love the childish, but amazing, dogs that Nick drew, I suppose this is why something that was probably only for April Fool's became a regular adoptable.

Birthday Surprises
For the CS birthday in April, we once again had some wonderful adoptables by Nick. I'm sure everyone was overjoyed to see his art again. This time, he had new linearts and a new subject; the August toxics:
red yellow purple green blue
Even though the design was not his, he sure made it original and different! Here's Nick's set of toxics:
Image Image Image Image Image
The newborns all looked different, so you could see the type of toxic you had from the beginning. The adoption limit was pretty large, I believe 18, but I could be wrong. The rarities are as follows:
Green, red, yellow: very common
purple: slightly less common, but still common
blue: rare of the bunch

Kiwis?
Nick's new adoptables seemed to have everyone stumped. The message on them was...
We've had sooo many requests for this pet over the last few months. Lucky me, I was the one who got the job of drawing them! I hope you enjoy them :).

The newborns were eggs! With tiny footprints walking away from the egg on a beach...
Many guesses were made on what these could be, but most people were settled on kiwis. Imagine everyone's surprise when out came... a horse?! Yep, a pretty big foal emerged from the eggs. The foals/horses were based on these pets:
September target,July galaxy, another July sundog,January rainbow (adult), January Rainbow 2 (adult),and January Rainbow 3 (foal)
One foal had 2 different adult outcomes, it turned into the black and white rainbow horses that you'll see below.
The horse outcomes:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The rarities are as follows:
rainbows, target, galaxy: common
sun: slightly uncommon
unicorn: rare

Happy Birthday Fennecs
In August, Nick made some cute little fennec foxes for Equimagine's birthday:
They were released in bloody, locked-up boxes.
But this is Nick we're talking about, so of course they were cute and cuddly when adopted :3
The adoption limit was 4 and there was only 1 outcome, they were already full-grown when adopted.

If you have any questions, ask away, I'm here to answer them!
If you don't want me using your pictures, I'll take them off, just tell me ^-^
A great big thanks to Nick for making his amazing adoptables!
Last edited by Fishie on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nick's Pets Beginner Guide

Postby Sorren Fey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:28 pm

You should fix the images. ^.^;
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:25 am

The only pic not working for me was the white horse, it should be fixed now. Is there anything you can't see?
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 am

No, they're all working now. :)
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:53 am

Nice guide ^^ One thing though... for the original Nick sundogs, you could adopt 3. I know because I adopted 3 that all turned into adults, and traded off one for a september, and then traded for the PPS and had 3 again :P
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 am

Okay, thanks :) will fix it
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 pm

What about the new Nick pets?

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Just thought I'd point out, and not sure if anyone figured it out or not, but there was special meaning to that "22" on Nick's chihauhua. :lol: The 22 was an indicator for when they were updating ChickenSmoothie.com and the 'big surprise' Tess kept teasing us with. *grins* On August 22nd, 2008 roundabout, our new colorful site appeared. :)

Just thought I'd pass along that info, because I'm not sure if it was ever discussed, but I caught the meaning of the 22 on the balloon as soon as the site was re-created. :D

Great guide by the way, you've done a wonderful job!
~Roya

PS, the 'bloody box' on your page is disabled. Sadly it doesn't look like anyone archived it in the August Outcome thread as it arrived so late. Perhaps someone saved the pic and can share?

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:11 am

No the fennec fox (which someone call chihuahua) is equimagine birthday pet^^ She turned 22 the 15th August which was the day they grew into adults. The new site was released 23th August and not the 22th.^^ (That's what the news box tells anyway)
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:15 am

*giggles and blushes* Ahh, I didn't realize. See, that's what I get for assuming. *palm face embarrassed* So no wonder no one discussed it!

Thanks for setting me straight Mini! And sorry for muddy-ing up the waters! XD

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me