Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dox Dragon Adoptions by teleport

Based on Click to view
Artist teleport [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
103 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dox Dragon Adoptions

Postby teleport » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1268386
New thread!

I finally decided to set this up.

Welcome to Dox Dragon Adoptables!

What is a Dox Dragon?

A Dox Dragon is the species that my beloved character Flurry belongs to. <3 This used to be just friends-only, but I'm opening them up to the public because I don't want them to die out.

A Dox Dragon is a dragonlike species of creature found all over the world, equal in intelligence to humans. They originated in the Himalayas, and the largest known colony in existence of them still lives there. They generally prefer to live in colder and higher areas, but sometimes they can even be found in places like the desert- it's all personal preference.

All Dox Dragons have wings (except for in rare exceptions), feathered tails, and some kind of markings or patterns on them (that way, I can keep mine unique). Their markings, colors and what they look like in general always will reflect their personality. You will never find a dark-colored Dox with a happy personality, and vice versa. The feathers on the end of their tail can be of any shape and size, as long as they're there. Without the feathers, a Dox Dragon can't fly.

There are three kinds of Dox Dragons- one-eared, two-eared, and three-eared. (The number tells how many sets of ears they have, not how many ears they have total. :3)

- Two-eared Doxes are the naturally-occurring kind of Dox, and are by far the most common. They don't really have any specific special traits to them- they're average in all aspects of the species.
- One-eared Doxes are a common genetic mutation. Doxes with only one set of ears are usually less serious and intelligent than those with more sets of ears. Also, because they use their ears for balance when the fly, one-eared Doxes aren't as good at flying, sometimes to the point of not being able to fly at all. It's more common for these guys to have bright, unnatural colors, due to their happy personalities.
-Three-eared Doxes are by far the rarest. They were genetically created by researchers only a few years ago, and are excellent at flying. These guys also tend to be bigger than the others. When they were first created, there were only three of them; however, they quickly bred with each other,and there are more of them now. Whenever they breed with a Dox with a different amount of ears, the babies always have the ear type of the other Dox.

Doxes can be either wild or bonded. Doxes that live in the wild range from the size of a cat to a medium-sized dog. If a Dox finds a human that they really like, or vice versa, they can form something called a bond with each other. Once bonded, the Dox will quickly grow to about the height of a human, or just big enough so their bond can ride them.

If a Dox goes through something really traumatic, or their human bond dies, their colors will invert, and so will their personalities. They'll become the opposite of their previous self in every aspect, and will usually change their names. If they get seriously injured, they can sometimes go through a temporary inversion for a week or so before turning back.

Doxes are also herbivores, although they have sharp teeth for defense. Their tongues are the same colors as their eyes. :3 They have anywhere from two to six babies in a litter. One of the babies is always inverted (same markings but opposite colors from the parents), and is most often the baby with mutations (such as being wingless, one-eared, or otherwise different from the norm). The babies don't have tail feathers at first, but they soon grow in.

To anyone who read through all of that- you deserve a cookie.

Adoption

To adopt a Dox Dragon, I'm using the stereotypical adoption method. Click on the Dox you want, and either the artist or I will have the requirements needed to adopt it posted on the page. It'll usually be a form that requires a name, personality, etc.

Breeding

Yup, now I'm allowing breeding, done on these amazing lines by loveTHATwolf. You can breed two of your own, or have one each from two different people (different genders, of course). Since it takes a while, if you want a litter of four or more, it will cost one wishlist pet from 2010 or older. Litters with two or three babies will be free. Each owner gets one pup each (or if it's just one person, simply one pup), and the rest will be put up for adoption. PM me if you're interested.

NOTE- Flurry will never be bred.

Pound
The pound is where Dox Dragons go that have either been through one of two things:
1. They were given up by their owners.
2. They received none or all incomplete forms past their adoption date.

Pound dragons will be inverted and put up for adoption here. They won't have an official Oekaki page ref, but they will count towards your total of three (unlike bred Doxes). If you'd like your Dox to be put in the pound for a new owner, PM me.

To adopt a Dox from the pound, you have to fill out the form provided, and post it on the main page (this thread). It doesn't mean you shouldn't put as much effort into it as you would an official Dox, though! Dox dragons in the pound will all be colored and adopted out by me. They'll all use the same form, and adoption will run for five days after they are posted. I'm doing it on the main page to both give it variety and bump up the thread. Don't forget to somehow mention the inversion in the history.

Form:
Code: Select all
Name:
Personality:
Short History:
Why you want the Dox:
Other (Art, story, etc.):

(Sometimes certain aspects of the Dox can't be changed, if the old owner doesn't want them to be.)

Currently Up for Adoption-

None

N.A.Q. (Never Asked Questions)

Can I get a custom?
No, at least not on this thread. Click on the 'Based on' thing under the Oekaki to see all of the created customs.

Can I bribe the artist/make a contest that involves pet auctions?
Nope. These are free adoptables.

I made a great form and I didn't win!
It's the artist's personal preference. I'm sorry if you didn't win, try again and you might. :3

Can I make a Dox without wings/feathers (or anything else not described in the species)?
PM me about it first. I might allow it, I might not.

Staff

I'm currently not looking for staff.

Artists-
I'd prefer, at the moment, to have Dox artists either be friends or be relatively respected on the Oekaki (don't worry, you don't have to be a Picasso though).

Artists can....
- Make either a two- or one-eared Dox for themselves
- Design two- or one-eared Doxes and put them up for adoption
- Design three-eared Doxes with my PM'd permission and put them up for adoption
- Make their own lines to adopt Doxes off of

Artists are expected to....
- Keep the ratios of two- and one-eared Doxes relatively fair based on rarity
- Keep to the species guidelines
- Design a new Dox every once in a while
- Have two Doxes up for adoption at maximum

Current Artists-

loveTHATwolf
i8chichi
| / m o o n i \ |
Tabby Bae
june-♓
xXxAkumaSoulxXx

(I'm not looking for any at the moment.)

I want to be an artist!
Username:
Art/Design Examples:
Why you want to be an artist:

Mods-

Mods can....
- Design a two-eared Dox for themselves
- Help develop the species by PM-ing me ideas
- Be awesome and stuff

Mods are expected to....
- Report spam on the thread
- Look out for Doxes/forms that don't follow species guidelines, and report them to me
- Give warnings and bans if necessary

Current Mods-
The Purple Martian
loveTHATwolf
Gale of the east
Luffy

Guest Artists
Guest artist slots will open whenever I feel like opening them.

[color=#9f1dbf]I can haz guest artist slot?
Username:[/color]

Rules
- Don't spam the thread too much. I don't want this locked.
- Don't make a form for one that makes it the sister/friend/whatever of somebody else's Dox without their permission.
- Don't steal the species. This should be pretty obvious.
- Don't complain if you lose.
- You can own up to three Dox Dragons; if you want to get rid of one, PM me and it will go back up for adoption.
- Artists, don't do breedings without my permission.
- Staff members who break rules themselves will be taken off the list; they are, however, able to apply again for a position when slots open.
- Please don't apply if you're not even going to post a complete sentence. There's no point.
- Have fun. c:

Stamps
The Purple Martian was epic enough to make us some stamps. <3

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1141530][img]http://www.iaza.com/work/120512C/iaza15019586646900.gif[/img]
[/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1141530][img]http://www.iaza.com/work/120512C/iaza15019577477200.gif[/img]
[/url]

Gift Lines
By The Purple Martian
By iceeon
By Gherit

Affiliates
Jellybean dragon adopts are possibly the cutest things in existence. If you haven't already, you should go check them out. <3
Last edited by teleport on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 36 times in total.
teleport

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dox Dragon Adoptions

Postby shrimpdog » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:37 pm

I want to be an artist!
Username:
loveTHATwolf
Art/Design Examples:
in my gallery
omnomnomnomnom.... pff. I wasn't eating adorableness again! I have no idea what you are talking about!

well,lets keep this short, awesome species, awesome owner, lalala, who wouldn't want to be an artist? -sincerely, LTW
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Ohhhh! Nice set-up, Teleport. :3
Would I be able to to try for an artist? Am I a repected enough artist or no?
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teleport » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Yes, you're respected enough. :3
And LTW, you are accepted beyond the means of acceptedness.
teleport

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks. :B
I want to be an artist!
Username:
i8chichi

Art/Design Examples:
Gallery //lazy XD

Because Dox's are a beautiful and unique species. They are simply adorable. <3
I'd love to help, and I have heaps of spare time. I love to design aswell. :3
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teleport » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Accepted. <3
teleport

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Thankyou Telelport. :B <3
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby supernovacity » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:04 pm

I want to be an artist!
Username:Darkness angel
Art/Design Examples:Check out the first page of my gallery,as you can see i've recently gotten better at art due to myself getting a tablet <3
Why you want to be an artist:This seems like a very interesting species and i really wish to join as a staff member
(I don't know if i'm that respected though)
Won't waste more tears on yesteryears
───════════════◈════════════───
ImageImage
nova - she/he/they
icon - pixels

───════════════◈════════════───
Instead we'll carry on
supernovacity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theymightbetod » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

I want to be an artist!
Username: teeganm
Art/Design Examples: Okie doike, one of my examples would have to be Apple
Why you want to be an artist: Because it will be fun i guess, and different.
previous usernames here have been deep space; & hey.im.raven

im not really active on cs anymore, but if you want to check out updates and art then id reccommend going over to my deviantart

deviantart account - jbds - My characters-

theymightbetod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asdfghjkla » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I want to be a moderator!
Username:luffy
Experience (not needed if you're a friend): I has nu experience :B I just wanna try something new
Why you want to be a moderator: Because I wanna stop the spam on here :B
asdfghjkla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me