Caveclan Archive - Please do not post - Updated 4/17/17

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Caveclan Archive - Please do not post - Updated 4/17/17

Postby tauriel. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Caveclan

Create a Clan, or CaC for short, is an awesome game where you run your own clan. It's really well thought out and improving so quickly. I've decided to store information about Caveclan and their story here.
*writing.
Last edited by tauriel. on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory + Borders

Postby tauriel. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Camp

Caveclan's camp is right in the middle of their territory and use a cave beneath a river and small waterfall as their camp. Many cats prefer swimming but for those who don't or are carrying prey, a series of wide, flat stepping stones lead into the mouth of the cave. The cave entrance is small, just big enough for a large cat and protected by the waterfall. Once through the entrance, a short tunnel slopes up slightly into the mountain, where it widens into a large sandy cave about 4 feet tall. Small openings about the same size as the cave entrance in the ceiling allow sunlight to filter inside the cave and the Caveclan cats take advantage of this by bringing back things they find such as shells or shiny, reflective, bright things left behind by two-legs are placed so that they allow the light to bounce off each other and lighten the cave further. The cats say it's to help lighten the cave, but the majority of the clan is rather vain, so the items also keep the cave prettier. Various other openings in the sides of the cave or various rock piles make up the clan's dens. A huge rock pile near the back of the cave forms the dens for the elders and leader. The medicine cat den is formed in between the nursery and elder's den from the roots of several large willow tress that had grown intertwined. The dens of the apprentices and warriors are found on the other side of camp, with the warrior's den being the largest of all the dens. A small pool of water, only paw deep, is formed near the nursery feed by small cracks in the rock and snacking back down towards the cave entrance. Here, several hollow logs and thick ferns have been able to grow due to a cave opening providing light directly onto the pool and sand there. Not only is it a good place to get water for those who don't leave camp often such as queens or kits, but it has become a popular playground for the kits.

North
The river begins up in the dense northern forest and from their branches off to the east and over the camp, finally pouring out into the lake in the south. A small off-shoot of the river leads the way to their moonpool(below). The forest is more dense north of camp. Here is where the training clearing can be found. Apprentices learn to climb and fight here. Many of the twisted tree's branches are low to the ground, which is covered in a thick layer of soft grass, so if an apprentice falls, the fall is unlikely to hurt them much.
A thunderpath was constructed here long ago, making it a perfect border.
Caveclan shares their northern border with Forestclan.

West
West of camp, the forest becomes a beautiful maple forest. During leaf-fall, the green forest turns to a lovely red and gold. The elders tell stories of how the trees were actually foxes who were cursed by Starclan and changed into trees. And every leaf-fall, the foxes are trying to undo the curse. Their efforts to escape are what causes the leaves to change color.
Caveclan shares this border with no clan.

South
South of camp, the trees thin out and the terrain shifts into a meadow valley. Twolegs occupy the buildings during greenleaf although they rarely venture deeper into clan territory or use the old wooden pathways. During the time the twolegs stay in their homes, the clan makes sure to use this border more uncommonly but patrols must still be done. The river empties out into the lake where prey like frogs, fish, and birds can be found. The meadows house rabbits, and other small mammals used as prey.
Caveclan shares this border with Leafclan

East
The east is the same forest
as the north although it isn't as dense. An abandoned twoleg den can be found here and is sometimes used as shelter when Caveclan cats need it.
Caveclan shares this border with Mapleclan.

This is a view of the river south east of camp.

Borders

North - forest: Forestclan Simonpet
West - maple forest: open
South - flood land(field): open
East - forest: open

Weather

Green leaf is warm and sunny with a few random showers. During Leaf-fall, it begins to cool off a bit and rain falls a little more often. Leaf-bare is the coldest season. It starts off raining buckets but as the temperature drops, the land is covered with snow. In most of the territory, the river doesn’t freeze. Only in the south does the water freeze since it’s basically flood land.

The wooden pathways

Long before Caveclan was established, wooden pathways were built. Leading from the southern territory, where twolegs sometimes camp and following the river, the pathway leads all the way up north to the moonpool. In the east, it even branches off to the abandoned twoleg nest. Long forgotten now, it remains to this day, an object of many questions to the Caveclan cats.
To the moonpool
To the twoleg nest

Moonpool

The moonpool is where Caveclan cats share tongues with Starclan. It is located north of the Caveclan camp. Each time a Caveclan cat dies or new kits are born, the clan gathers at the moonpool to announce the news to Starclan. While the clan does sit vigil with a deceased clanmate, the next morning they will bury their lost clanmate before they gather at the moonpool to share tongues with their deceased clanmates once more. Starclan does not share tongues with Caveclan when new kits are born, but Caveclan will gather at the moonpool to announce the new kit's birth and many cats swear they can feel the presence of their old friends and family.
Last edited by tauriel. on Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:24 am, edited 24 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Allegiances -updated 9/7/2022

Postby tauriel. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Caveclan
Number of Cats: 56

Leader:
Morningstar ★ | 100 moons| Tom | Shorthaired ginger [faux?] mackerel tabby with low white and bright hazel eyes > LL / -- / XOY / Dd / -- / McMc / CC / Wsw
Lives: ★★★ 3/9

Deputy:
Harespring | 46 | Tom | Shorthaired solid gray with blue eyes > LL / BB / XoY / dd / aa / SpSp / McMc / CC / ww / Ojoj

Medicine Cats:
Cloudpool | 44 moons | Tom | Shorthaired white with gray patches and dark yellow eyes > LL / Bb / XoY / dd / aa / mcmc / Tata / Ccs / WsWs

Warriors:
Rowanfur | 95 moons | Molly | Shorthaired red [faux?] mackerel tabby with dark leaf-green eyes > LL / -- / XOXO / Dd / -- / McMc / CC / ww
Silvernose | 82 moons | Molly | Shorthaired cryptic silver mackerel torbie with yellow-green eyes > LL / BB / XOXo / DD / AA / McMc / CC / ww
Woolyfur | 80 moons | Tom | Shorthaired solid cinnamon with orange eyes > LL / blbl / XoY / DD / aa / McMc / CC / ww
Shimmerpelt[/color] | 75 moons | Molly | Shorthaired silver spotted tabby with deep blue eyes > LL / BB / XoXo / dd / Aa / SpSp / McMc / CC / ww / Ojoj
Ferretclaw | 56 moons | Tom | Mediumhaired brown classic tabby with yellow eyes > Ll / BB / XoY / DD / Aa / mcmc / CC / ww
Chiveclaw ★ | 52 moons | Tom | Shorthaired gray-brown mackerel tabby with white socks and pale green eyes > LL / BB / XoY / DD / AA / McMc / CC / Wsw
Pigeonflight | 51 moons | Tom | Longhaired gray bicolor with pale yellow-green eyes > ll / BB / XoY / dd / aa / CC / Wsw
Hawkfeather | 49 moons | Tom | Shorthaired golden-brown mackerel tabby with dark amber eyes and a blind left eye > LL / B- / XoY / D- / A- / Mc- / C- / ww
Mottledshade | 47 moons | Molly | Shorthaired tortoiseshell with low white and pale yellow eyes > LL / BB / XOXo / Dd / aa / CC / Wsw
Spikebush | 46 moons | molly | Longhair dark brown mackerel tabby with low white and dark green eyes > ll / BB / XoXo / Dd / Aa / Mcmc / Ccs / Wsw
Lilystem | 45 moons | Molly | Shorthaired solid white with forest-green eyes > LL / BB / XoXo / DD / AA / McMc / Spsp / CC / WdWs
Burrwhisker | 42 moons | Tom | Shorthair brown broken mackerel tabby with dark green eyes > LL / BB / XoY / Dd / Aa / Spsp / McMc / CC / ww
Larkfeather ★ | 39 moons | Molly | Longhaired calico with dark orange eyes > ll / BB / XOXo / DD / aa / McMc / SpSp / CC / Wsw
Thymepool | 34 moons | Molly| Shorthaired brown mackerel tabby with forest-green eyes > LL / Bbl / XoXo / DD / Aa / McMc / CC / ww
Emberslash ★ | 32 moons | Tom | Shorthaired red [faux?] mackerel tabby with copper eyes > LL / -- / XOY / DD Dd / -- / McMc / CC / ww
Sunstripe |32 moons | Tom | Shorthaired yellow [faux?] mackerel tabby with low white and yellow-green eyes > LL / -- / XOY / dd / -- / McMc / CC / Wsw
Narcissus | 28 | black silver ticked shorthair with green eyes. | LL/Xo- / BB / DD / AA / McMc / Tata / Ii / Ccs / ww
Mistfall | 24 moons | Molly | Shorthair solid tortie bobtail with pale green eyes > LL / B- / XOXo / D- / aa / Mc- / C- / ww / jbjb
Tigerjaws | 23 moons | Tom | Shorthaired dark golden-brown classic tabby with pale green eyes > LL / BB / XoY / DD / Aa / mcmc / CC / ww
Willowtail| 23 moons | Molly | Mediumhaired solid black with orange eyes and heavy rusting > Ll / BB / XoXo / DD / aa / mcmc / CC / ww
Ashstrike | 22 moons | Tom | Shorthair black-based silver broken mackerel tabby with sandy yellow eyes > LL / B- / XoY / D- / A- / Mc- / Spsp / C- / I- / ww
Duskheart | 19 moons | Tom | Shorthair dark brown mackerel tabby with white markings and green eyes > LL / B- / XoY / D- / A- / Mc- / C- / Wsw
Poppypounce | 19 moons | Molly | Mediumhaired dilute tortoiseshell with lemon-yellow eyes > Ll / BB / XOXo / dd / aa / CC / ww
Stormfeather ★ | 19 moons | Tom | Mediumhaired white with solid gray patches, a tattered ear, and yellow-green eyes > Ll / BB / XoY / dd / aa / CC / WsWs
Spottedwish | 17 | molly | Mediumhair white with gray patches and blue eyes > Ll / B- / XoXo / dd / aa / C- / WsWs
Mintwhisker | 15 moons | Tom | Mediumhair black-based silver spotted tabby with light sandy-brown eyes > Ll / B- / XoY / D- / A- / Mc- / SpSp / C- / ww

Apprentices:
Laurelpaw | 9 | molly | Shorthaired solid white with kit-blue eyes(Eye color will change when grown to a requested color (including blue) ) > LL / BB / XoXo / DD / AA / McMc / Spsp spsp / WdWs Wsw
Toadpaw | 9 | tom | Shorthaired brown broken mackerel tabby tuxedo with copper eyes > LL / BB / XoY / DD / AA / McMc / Spsp / CC / Wsw
Alderpaw ★ | 9 | tom | Shorthaired golden-brown mackerel tabby with low white and kit-blue eyes (Eye color will change when grown to a requested color (except blue) ) > LL / BB / XoY / DD / AA / McMc / spsp / CC / Wsw
Splashpaw | 9 | molly | Shorthaired white with brown tabby patches and green eyes > LL / BB / XoXo / DD / AA / McMc / spsp / CC / WsWs
Wildpaw | 9 | tom | Mediumhaired black bicolor with hazel eyes > Ll / BB / XoY / DD / aa / McMc / SpSp / CC / Wsw
Pepperpaw ★| 9 | molly |Mediumhaired tortoiseshell faux spotted tabby with low white and pale hazel eyes > Ll / BB / XOXo / DD / aa / McMc / SpSp / CC / Wsw
Robinpaw | 9 | molly | Mediumhaired tortoiseshell faux spotted tabby with low white and orange eyes > Ll / BB / XOXo / DD / aa / McMc / SpSp / CC / Wsw
Wrenpaw | 8 | tom | chocolate calico shorthair with green eyes. | genotype: LL, XOXo, bb, DD, aa, mcmc, CC, Wsw
Fernpaw | 8 | molly | gray classic longhair with curled ears and spring bud eyes | ll/XoXo/BB/dd/AA/mcmc/CC/ww/Acac

Queens:

Dappleaf | 38 moons | Molly | Mediumhair calico with blue eyes and a half-tail > Ll / BB / XOXo / Dd / aa / Mcmc / Tata / Ccs / WsWs / Jbjb
Juniperfoot | 52 | Molly | Shorthaired gray bicolor with blue-purple eyes > LL / B- / XoXo / dd / aa / C- / WsWs
Sedgetail | 46 | Molly | Shorthaired blue spotted tabby with low white and ice-blue eyes > LL / BB / XoXo / dd / Aa / SpSp / McMc / CC / Wsw
Owlheart | 54 moons | molly | oriental shorthaired chocolate mackerel tabby with dark brown/red eyes genotype: LL, Xo-, bb, DD, Aa, Mcmc, Ccs, ww

Kits:

Echokit | 3 | molly | black-and-white shorthaired molly with blue eyes. | LL, XoXo, BB, Dd, aa, mcmc, TaTa, Ccs, WsWs
Moonkit | 3 | molly | seal calico point mediumhaired molly with blue eyes. | Ll, XOXo, Bb, Dd, aa, mcmc, TaTa, cscs, WsWs
Mistykit | 2 | molly | blue broken mackerel shorthair with low white and bronze eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, AA, McMc, Spsp, CC, Wsw
Shellkit | 2 | tom | blue broken mackerel shorthair with yellow eyes. | LL, BB, dd, Aa, McMc, Spsp, CC, ww
Reedkit | 2 | tom | gray-and-white shorthair with copper eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, aa, McMc, Spsp, Ccs, Wsw
Minnowkit | 2 | tom | gray-and-white shorthair with amber eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, aa, McMc, Spsp, Ccs, Wsw
Mosskit | 2 | molly | gray-and-white shorthair with green eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, aa, McMc, Spsp, Ccs, Wsw
Cranekit | 2 | tom | gray-and-white shorthair with amber eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, aa, McMc, Spsp, CC, Wsw
Heronkit | 2 | tom | gray-with-white shorthair with pale yellow eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, aa, McMc, Spsp, CC, Wsw
Rainkit | 2 | molly | gray-with-white shorthair with green eyes. | LL, Xo-, BB, dd, aa, McMc, Spsp, Ccs, Wsw
Softkit | 1 | seal mink mediumhair with a shortened, kinked tail. | Ll, Xo-, Bb, Dd, aa, McMc, Tata, cbcs, ww, Jbjb
Quailkit | 1 | black ticked shorthair with a shortened, kinked tail. | LL, Xo-, Bb, Dd, Aa, Mcmc, Tata, CC, ww, Jbjb

Elders:
Rippleshade | 148 moons | Tom | tall fluffy brown tabby with amber eyes and slightly bigger ears
Grey| 130 moons | tom | solid grey longhair with yellow eyes

updated 9/17 added in Needlepaw(Fernpaw) and Narcissus
Last edited by tauriel. on Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:17 am, edited 25 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Family Trees

Postby tauriel. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Shimmerpelt + unknown sire= Sedgetail and Harespring
Woolyfur + Silvernose= Gingerface and Thymepool
Morningstar + Rowanfur= Sunstripe and Emberslash
Ferretclaw + Ebonywing= Tigerjaws and Willowtail
Mottledshade + Pigeonflight= Poppypounce and Stormfeather
Lilystem + Chiveclaw= Alderpaw, Laurelpaw, Toadpaw, Splashpaw
Larkfeather + sire= Maplekit, Wildpaw, Robinpaw, Pepperpaw
Sedgetail + Burrwhisker= Shellkit, Mistykit
Juniperfoot + Harespring= Reedkit, Minnowkit, Mosskit, Cranekit, Heronkit, Rainkit

forbidden relationships wrote:*means planned but not yet mates
Cloudpool + Dappleleaf= Echokit, Moonkit
Owlheart + Grayfeather of Tundraclan= Softkit, Quailkit, unnamed kit

These cats were born outside the clan but have since joined Caveclan:
This cat has joined Caveclan

Silvershade + Badgerclaw(Thicketclan)= Beetlepaw, Specklepaw(Swallowclan), Mintpaw(Formerly of Thicketclan)

Addercloud + Badgertail(Tumbleclan)= Smokefur(Streamclan), Burrwhisker(formerly of Tumbleclan), Dustclaw, Mudkit

Spikebush, Spottedpaw Formerly of Obsidianclan

Mentors and apprentices
Morningstar- Sedgetail, Gingerface
Woolyfur- Harespring, Emberslash
Silvernose- Juniperfoot, Robinpaw
Shimmerpelt- Dappleleaf
Harespring- Thymepool, Laurelpaw
Juniperfoot- Sunstripe
Chiveclaw- Mistfall, Echopaw
Rowanfur- Tigerjaws
Sedgetail/Lilystem- Willowtail(mentorship switched due to Sedgetail’s brief imprisonment with tumbleclan before they disbanded)
Pigeonflight- Ashstrike, Fernpaw
Ebonywing- Duskheart
Dappleleaf- Poppypounce
Hawkfeather- Stormfeather
Thymepool- Mintwhisker
Sunstripe- Spottedpaw
Emberslash- Toadpaw
Ferretclaw- Alderpaw
Mistfall- Pepperpaw
Tigerjaws- Splashpaw
Ashstrike- Wildpaw
Mottledshade- Wrenpaw
Stormfeather- Shellpaw
Poppypounce- Mistypaw
Hawkfeather- Reedpaw
Willowtail- Minnowpaw
Spottedwish- Cranepaw
Mintwhisker- Heronpaw
Cloudpool- Mosspaw
Minkflutter- Rainpaw
Last edited by tauriel. on Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:42 am, edited 19 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Births + Deaths

Postby tauriel. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:49 pm

births wrote:jan 28: Ebonywing + Ferretclaw: Tigerjaws and Willowtail
feb 13: Mottledshade + Pigeonflight: Poppypounce and Stormfeather

july 18 2017
Lilystem + Chiveclaw's litter: Laurelpaw, Toadpaw, Alderpaw, Splashpaw
Larkfeather's litter: Maplekit, Wildpaw, Pepperpaw, Robinpaw

july 13 2022
Dappleleaf + Cloudpool: Echokit, Moonkit

july 17 2022
Sedgetail + Burrwhisker: Shellkit, Mistykit
Juniperfoot + Harespring: Reedkit, Minnowkit, Mosskit, Cranekit, Heronkit, Rainkit

august 6 2022
Owlheart + Grayfeather(Tundraclan): Quailkit, Softkit, unnamed kit

deaths wrote:august 12 2017:
Maplekit (1 moon)
Ebonywing (48 moons)

july 2 2022
Shadedleaf (85 moons)
Last edited by tauriel. on Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traditions + Lore

Postby tauriel. » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Traditions

Circlets

Every time some cat asks another to be their mate, they'll go out and make a circlet, or crown for their mate. They weave the circlets out of anything they can find in their territory, leaves, grasses, flowers, etc. This is a treasured tradition and circlets are treated with care. Cats with mates wear these circlets to gatherings to show that they do have mates. Those without circlets have no mate. Starclan will bless the new mates by causing the circlets not to decompose until the cats death. The circlets are buried with the cat and decompose with the body.
Eg:
X X
XX

Lore

Caveclan lore as told by Deerpelt and Rippleshade to Ebonywing and Mottledshade's kits:

Beginning wrote:"Settle down kits and we'll tell you some stories." Deerpelt was old but she still carried an air of authority that made all four kits obediently sit and look up at her and Rippleshade. "Can we here about how the cave was formed?" Poppykit asked hopefully. She'd asked Mottledshade, but the tortoiseshell queen hadn't known.
"The cave was formed by a group of badgers long ago. At this time there was no river, no twolegs, and no cats here. Using their long claws, they formed a huge cavern with a few smaller caves for dens. One day during leafbare, an earthquake occured. The earthquake loosened a few rocks in the ceiling which fell to form the pile of rocks our leaders now use for clan meetings. The leaders den was formed last by a young badger practicing their digging." Deerpelt explained calmly.
The kits were wide-eyed. "Badgers!?" Poppykit gasped. "That's so cool!" Stormkit exclaimed. "What happened to them?" Willowkit asked curiously. "Are they going to come back?" Tigerkit asked. "If they do, can I fight them?" "I want to fight them too!" Stormkit lashed his tail enthusiastically. "I'd shred them!"
Rippleshade and Deerpelt chuckled, amused. "We don't know what happened to them, but we do know they left long ago and that Morningstar stumbled upon this cave and made it our camp." Rippleshade told them. "They've been gone a long time so they aren't likely to return. Especially not with so many strong warriors to defend the cave." Deerpelt added. "Like us!" Stormkit puffed out his chest. "We're great at attacking badgers!" "You don't even know how to fight yet!" Poppykit replied. "But I will when I'm an apprentice!" Stormkit replied, his eyes flashing with excitement. One could tell he was imagining the battle woth badgers.
"I'm sure you are going to be great warriors but for now, it's getting late. Your mothers will want you safe in your nests soon." Rippleshade told them. "But we want to stay!" Willowkit complained. "Come back tomorrow and we'll tell you more stories." Rippleshade promised. "You four need your sleep and so do Deerpelt and I!" The kits thought about it and then gave reluctant nods of agreement. "Okay but we'll up early!" Stormkit warned as they left. "Alright little ones," Rippleshade chuckled lightly. "Good night!" The kits called just before they slipped into the nursery. "Good night kits!" Deerpelt and Rippleshade replied.

WIP
Last edited by tauriel. on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Medicine store update: 12/31/23

Alder Bark (2) Eases toothaches
Bindweed (2)
Borage Leaves (2) Produces more and better milk. Also brings down fevers.
Blackberry leaves (1) Eases the swelling of bee stings
Broom (0) Makes poultices for broken legs and wounds.
Burdock Root (1) Lessens & heals the pain of infected rat bites, prevents infection of rat bites
Burnet (0) Said to help minor bleeding on twolegs. Keeps a cat's strength up
Catmint (1)| Best remedy for greencough. Also used for whitecough
Celandine (2) Soothes damaged eyes
Chamomile (0) Strengthens the heart and soothes the mind
Chervil (1) For infected wounds and bellyache. Can be used during kitting
Chickweed (1)
Cobwebs (1)| Soaks up and stops bleeding. Binds broken bones.
Coltsfoot (0) Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as
well as cracked or sore pads
Comfrey Root (1) Repairs broken bones and soothes wounds. Also used for wrenched claws, itching, and inflammation of stiff joints, can be used for burns
Daisy (0) Eases the pain of aching joints
Dandelion (2) Soothes and heals bee stings and leaves act as a painkiller.
Dock (1) Soothes scratches and sore pads
Elder leaves (0)
Fennel (2)
Feverfew (4) Reduces body temperature in cats with fever or chills. Heals aches and pains, especially good for headache.
Goatweed (4) Eases anxiety and grief
Goldenrod (1) Heals wounds
Hawkweed (2)
Holly berries (2)
Honey (1) Soothes infections, smoke-damaged or sore throats, coughs, gives a cat energy, helps cats swallow other concoctions
Horsetail (1) Treats infections and stops bleeding
Juniper berries (0)
Laurel leaves (1)
Lavender (1)
Lovage (3) Helps cure coughs when mixed with bright-eye
Lungwort (1) Cures yellowcough.
Mallow (1)
Marigold (0)| Stops infection and bleeding. Used for inflammation of stiff joints
Meadow saffron (3)
Moss (1)
Mousebile (2) Kills ticks
Oak leaves (1) stops infection from setting in
Parsley (2) Stops a queen's milk and cures bellyache
Poppy Seeds (0) Helps a cat sleep, Soothes shock, distress, pain
Ragweed (2) Gives a cat extra strength and energy.
Raspberry Leaves (6) Eases pain and stops bleeding during kitting
Ragwort (2)
Rosemary (2) Hides the scent of death
Rush (2) Helps to hold broken bones in place.
Snakeroot (1) Heals poison
Sorrel (0) Traveling herb, can build up appetite
Sticks (1) Distracts from pain, holds broken bones in place
Stinging nettle (1)| Induces vomiting, brings down swelling, can be mixed with comfrey to heal broken bones, helps with wounds, fights infection
Tansy (6)| cures coughs, wounds, poisons, soothes throats, prevents greencough
Thyme (2) Calms nervousness and anxiety, helps cats in shock
Tormentil (3) Root helps all wounds and cures poisons
Water Hemlock (1)
Watermint (3) Soothes bellyache
Wild Garlic (3) Prevents infection, especially with rat bites
Willow Bark (1) Eases pain
Willow Leaves (2) Stops vomiting
Wintergreen (5) Treats wounds and some poisons
Wood sorrel (2)

update(X):
added: +1 laurel leaves, +1 dandelion, +1 lovage, +1 rosemary, +1 tansy, +1 water hemlock
removed: -1 sorrel, -1 moss
store:
Advent: + 7 herbs(+1 chervil, +1 cobwebs, +1 broom, +1 burnet, +1 comfrey, +1 dock, +1 horsetail)
Last edited by tauriel. on Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 22 times in total.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Caveclan Archive - Please do not post -

reserved for future use
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tauriel. » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:47 am

"How's training going?" Cloudpool lay beside Dapplepaw, sharing tongues. "Great! We learned how to climb." Dapplepaw purred happily. "It's nice to have den mates but Woolyfur and Morningstar's kits are so talkative." She sighed softly. "I guess I'll just have to get used to them though." Cloudpool gave a soft purr and froze as a low yowl sounded from the nursery. "Shadedleaf! Cloudpool! Come quick, Ebonywing's kitting!" Silvernose ducked back into the nursery while Shadedleaf ran to join her. "Go on, you have kits to deliver," Dapplepaw nudged him towards the nursery. Cloudpool nodded, racing to the nursery.
Woolyfur glanced towards the commotion in the nursery and then back to the cats gathered around him. Every cat was excited at the prospect of new kits but they couldn't wait around camp for them to be born. They had work to do. "Rowanfur, take Chiveclaw and Lilystem and go patrol the borders." He ordered. Padding up to the group of mentors and apprentices, he grinned. "Ready for training?" He grinned at the excited mews of the apprentices.

your patrol caught a small fish, a squirrel and a frog!

all apprentices learned the swimming skill!

ebonywing gave birth to two kits!

[ kit one, kit two ]

"They're beautiful," Ferretclaw was gazing down at his family adoringly. "They're perfect Ebonywing." The black she-cat began to purr, her eyes glistening with pride. "What are we going to name them?" She murmured, looking down at the pair. They'd had two kits. The tom was a little tabby like his father and the she-kit was a perfect copy of her mother. "How about Willowkit for the black she-kit?" Ferretclaw suggested softly. Ebonywing nodded in agreement. "And Tigerkit for the tom." She added. Ferretclaw smiled, pride blazing in his eyes. "Willowkit and Tigerkit. Perfect." Exhausted from the birth of her kits, a tired purr rumbled through Ebonywing's throat as she curled up around her kits and fell asleep.
"Your last training session!" Emberpaw mewed, looking enviously at Dapplepaw. "Your so lucky!" Gingerpaw grinned. Dapplepaw grinned enthusiastically. "I'm so excited! It's going to be great to finally be a warrior!" Dapplepaw purred. "I can't wait till we're warriors!" Thymepaw said, lashing her tail eagerly. Sunpaw nodded in agreement but added, "We're close to becoming warriors though. All we need to learn is hunting, fighting, and advanced fighting!" Dapplepaw purred cheerfully. "I always thought the hunting was more fun than battle." Gingerpaw and Emberpaw stared at her a moment. "How could hunting be more fun than fighting!?" Emberpaw demanded. Before Dapplepaw could respond, Gingerpaw launched himself at Emberpaw, quickly initiating a play fight.

your patrol caught a small fish, a thrush and a squirrel!

dapplepaw earned her warrior name, dappleleaf!

all apprentices learned the fighting skill!

shadedleaf and cloudpool found celandine and daisy!

"I want two hunting patrols today." Woolyfur issued the order with calm authority. "Rowanfur will lead the first patrol to the eastern border. She will pick who goes with her. Shimmerpelt will take the second patrol to the maple forest. Ferretclaw,, Lilystem, Juniperfoot, Harespring, and I will go with her."
The apprentices were being allowed a break for a couple days so the clan could focus on hunting. Morningstar had told Woolyfur that morning he was going to the moon pool and wanted the clan to hunt. Morningstar had been hopeful about a new Queen joining them and wanted the clan to be well-stocked with prey.
Cloudpool grinned at the newly named Dappleleaf, his eyes bright with joy. "Congratulations!" He purred. Dappleleaf purred happily and smirked at the medicine cat. "I can go catch you some prey to celebrate!" Dappleleaf purred, eager to show off her skills. "You forget I've learned the basics of hunting and fighting," Cloudpool reminded her, eyes flickering with amusement. "Oh you take all the fun out of it." Dappleleaf replied, playfully nudging him. "We can still go for a walk after the hunting patrol." She suggested. Cloudpool nodded. They said goodbye as Rowanfur called out the names of her patrol, summoning Dappleleaf. Cloudpool turned to find Shadedleaf. They needed to find more herbs.

your first patrol caught two small fish and a pigeon!

your second patrol caught a squirrel, a thrush, and a frog!

shadedleaf and cloudpool found goldenrod and thyme!

starclan sent you a queen! she is due in two moons.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tauriel. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:13 am

Morningstar had returned from the moonpool accompanied by a pretty tortoiseshell queen who'd said she wanted to join Caveclan. Shimmerpelt had taken one look and was sympathetic. She knew how the young queen felt, having gone through similar circumstances when she'd joined the clan. Shimmerpelt had no idea what had happened to this queen's mate but now wasn't the time to ask. The queen, who'd introduced herself as Mottledshade, was hungry and tired. Shimmerpelt and Ebonywing made her a nest in the nursery and Mottledshade sunk into it with a grateful sigh. The queen was asleep before Ebonywing's kits even noticed the newcomer. "Who's that?" Willowkit stared at the queen with wide, curious eyes as Tigerkit tried to approach the sleeping queen to sniff her. Ebonywing gently drew her kits back into their nest, telling them, "Mottledshade is tired from her journey to Caveclan. She needs rest and so do you two. It's past your naptime." She murmured quietly to her kits. "But I'm not tired!" Willowkit objected, a yawn parting her jaws a few moments later. Ebonywing looked fondly at her kits as they fell asleep beside her. Shimmerpelt glanced anxiously at the young queen before whispering a quiet goodbye to Ebonywing as she left the den.
Woolyfur glanced at the den as Shimmerpelt came out. "How is she?" He asked. "Sleeping," Shimmerpelt replied. "After some rest, she'll be okay." Woolyfur nodded and said, "Good. Then you can join Rowanfur's patrol." Shimmerpelt nodded in agreement.

Your first patrol caught a small fish, a big fish, and a frog!
Your second patrol caught a pigeon, a thrush, and a squirrel!
Shadedleaf and Cloudpool found burnet, chamomile, and feverfew!

Just outside the nursery, Mottledshade had woken up. Shimmerpelt was with her and the pair were talking quietly. Shimmerpelt was pointing out the various cats for Mottledshade and telling them their names. "Theres Sedgetail and Harespring. They're my kits." Shimmerpelt gazed fondly at the pair. "They look like good warriors," Mottledshade replied, "Wheres the father?" Sorrow darkened Shimmerpelt's gaze when she replied, "He died before I joined Caveclan and the kits were born. Killed by a fox." Mottledshade blinked sympathetically at her. "I'm sorry. That's awful." Shimmerpelt glanced at her. "It's not your fault." Shimmerpelt glanced at the queen's rounded stomache and asked, "May I asked what happened to your mate?" Mottledshade blinked, eyes flickering with anxiety. "He went missing a few days ago." The tortoiseshell queen admitted. "I was looking for him when I stumbled onto Caveclan territory." Shimmerpelt tilted her head. "If you were looking for him, why did you join?" "Because I thought it would be a safer life for my kits." Mottledshade replied. "I was kinda hoping for a bit of help searching for him too." Shimmerpelt's gaze softened. "Of course. We can talk to Morningstar. I'm sure he'll send out a few cats to look for him. What does your mate look like?" Mottledshade's eyes flashed with hope. "He's a big grey and white tom. His name's Pigeonflight and he's a bit grumpy sometimes but he's very smart and kind." As Mottledshade talked about her mate, the pair began to head towards Morningstar. Mottledshade could feel her hopes rising. Her kits would be born safe and warm with Caveclan and the clan would help find Pigeonflight. Perhaps life with Caveclan would be everything Mottledshade had hoped.

Your first patrol caught a trout, a pigeon, and a frog!
You second patrol caught a salmon, squirrel, and a thrush!
Your patrol found a warrior!
Shadedleaf and Cloudpool found honey and horsetail!

"Pigeonflight!" Mottledshade's shriek was so loud, a cat all the way on the other side of the territory could hear it. The queen ran towards him as fast as she could, which wasn't all that fast considering the enormous size of her belly. She broke into a purr, joy flashing over her face. "Where have you been!? I've been so worried!" She tried to sound stern but the queen was far too happy that he was back, safe and sound. "I'm sorry, my love, I was trapped up a tree by this enormous fox." Pigeonflight gazed at her apologetically. "Morningstar and Woolyfur lead it away and we came here." Mottledshade looked at him critically, looking for wounds before turning to Morningstar and Woolyfur. "Thank you for finding him. I don't know what I would've done without your help." Morningstar smiled gently at her. "It's alright, we're happy to help." Woolyfur nodded his agreement before[url][/url] they backed away to let Mottledshade and Pigeonflight alone.
"How are the kits?" Pigeonflight nudged his mate fondly. "They must be due soon." "The medicine cats, Shadedleaf and Cloudpool, say they should be due any time now." Mottledshade told him. "They've been keeping a close eye on me, waiting for the kits to be born." Mottledshade told him. "That's them, over there." She nodded to the pair. They were outside of the den, chatting with Dappleleaf. She grunted as a feeling came over her and glanced at Pigeonflight. "It's a good thing they're nearby, because it's time." Pigeonflight looked confused for only a second before his eyes widened with nervous excitement.

"Time for the last training session for the apprentices?" Woolyfur suggested, glancing towards the group of apprentices. "Yes," Morningstar agreed, "I'd like to make them warriors this afternoon." "I'll round up Juniperfoot and Harespring, you tell them." Woolyfur padded towards the warriors den, poking his head in to get the two mentors.

Your first patrol caught a small fish, squirrel, and a frog!
Your second patrol caught a thrush, a pigeon, and another frog!
All the apprentices learned the hunting skill and became warriors!
Mottledshade gave birth to two kits!
kit one kit two

"You can come in now," Cloudpool beckoned Pigeonflight into the nursery, stepping aside as the tom slipped past. "Congratulations!" He told the grey and white tom before heading towards the medicine den. Dappleleaf fell into step beside him. "How's Mottledshade?" The tortoiseshell asked. "She's fine. She delivered two kits. A tom and a she-kit." Cloudpool told her. Their gazes locked for a second before he looked away. A few days ago, he'd been watching her talking with Chiveclaw. They'd been close, but he'd never realized how much deeper his feelings for her went. And how seeing her laugh at something Chiveclaw had said awoke a strange feeling inside him. An irrational spark of jealousy. Cloudpool hadn't mentioned it to her and when he realized his love for her, he'd started avoiding her. This wasn't something that could go on. Cloudpool wasn't sure if she felt the same way, but he doubted it. She'd had a little crush on Chiveclaw. She'd told him about it. "Are you mad at me? You've been avoiding me lately." Dappleleaf blinked anxiously at him. "No!" Cloudpool looked over at her. "Then what's wrong?" Dappleleaf asked him. "N-nothing's wrong. Do you want to help me search for herbs?" Dappleleaf still looked concerned but she nodded. "Sure."

Pigeonflight entered the nursery just as Cloudpool left. "Congratulations, you have two beautiful kits." Shadedleaf told him. "I'll leave you now." She left the nursery, going to the medicine den. "We have a son and a daughter." Mottledshade told him. Pigeonflight looked down at his kits, his gaze softening. "They're tiny," Tigerkit piped up, scrambling out of his nest and over to Mottledshade's. "Don't be rude! They can't help being so small!" Willowkit followed him, sending her brother a scolding glance. "Leave them alone kits," Enonywing frowned at her kits. "Mottledshade's tired." Mottledshade shook her head. "No, it's alright Ebonywing." She assured the queen. "They might be tiny now, but they'll grow into big warriors. Just like you two." Mottledshade told Tigerkit and Willowkit. "What are you going to name them?" Willowkit asked. Mottledshade looked at Pigeonflight thoughtfully. "Stormkit for the tom?" She suggested. Pigeonflight nodded, his gaze glued to the kits. "And Poppykit for the she-kit." He added. "That's perfect." Mottledshade agreed. "Poppykit and Stormkit." As the two gazed down at their kits, Ebonywing lef her kits outside the den, allowing the pair to be alone with their kits.

Your cats caught a thrush and a frog!
Your cats caught a squirrel and a pigeon!
Your patrol found a trail! Return to add an apprentice to your clan!
Dappleleaf and Cloudpool found coltsfoot and cobwebs!
Starclan sent you an elder!
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me