fantasy writing comp 2018

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

fantasy writing comp 2018

Postby neferp1tou » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:48 pm

welcome to the fantasy writing competition! this is owned, by spectrophobia and i, and he will be helping me run the page as a mod!
this is an ongoing competition, with multiple contests, so it will constantly be running. there will be a fantasy themed prompt, and you may write something that follows the rules of that specific competition. all of the entries will be read, and i or a mod will be judging them, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will always get some sort of prize
so!
before you start writing, let's get a few rules out of the way, okay?

rule 1. your entry must be appropriate, and meet all of cs's rules for the site.
rule 2. you must remain friendly, and kind. please do not criticize anyone's writing on here, if you want opinions on your entry,
simply ask for a pm.
rule 3. on some competitions, there will be a maximum number of words, but there also might be times when there isn't a max.
rule 4. you may write any kind of writing you'd like, unless the contest says you Must write a poem, a short story, a paragraph, etc.
rule 5. please do not spam the page with random chatter, it fills up the thread with unneeded spam.
rule 6. you are totaly allowed to mark this thread, reserve it, or have a wip.
rule 7. if you have any questions, please pm me, or a mod.
that's all for now!
Last edited by neferp1tou on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: fantasy writing comp 2018 Competitions

Postby neferp1tou » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

this is the page that'll store all of the prompts and competitions!
we will be having 2 competitions running at once for now.

C O M P 1
Write any form of writing about this forest, be sure to add fantasy aspects. There is no certain amount of words, go wild. End date is Feb 14th.

1st place prize is
Pet's name: my child lotus
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

2nd is

3rd is

all of those pets are in this group

C O M P 2
Write some sort of fantasy related prophecy about this volcano, be sure to at least have 100 words.

1st place gets
Pet's name: Snowcatcher

2nd gets
Pet's name: Fleming

3rd gets
Last edited by neferp1tou on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: fantasy writing comp 2018 FORMS

Postby neferp1tou » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:05 pm

these will be all of the forms you'll need for each contest, just fill them out then post! you'll also need to join, so be sure to fill out a joining form, and an entry form for that specific contest number, go wild!

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][color=#808080]Joining Form
Username:
Pronouns:
Favorite writing theme, fantasy, futuristic, realistic, etc:
experience as a writer:
other:[/color][/size][/center]

Code: Select all
[center][size=85]Fantasy Comp 1.
Username:
Word Count:
Entry:
Other:
[/size][/center]
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: fantasy writing comp 2018

Postby neferp1tou » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:07 am

Up
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:32 am

up and open for posting!!!!!
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby actmissing999 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 am

bump <3 super excited to be a mod!
ashton ; he/she
i no longer use chicken smoothie but i'd love to talk!
you can find my current info here

actmissing999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 am

Up
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby labradoodle123 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:36 am

Entry:01
Name:labradoodle123 (mags)
Pronouns:don't really care I am a girl tho
Writing style: I love writing adventure, action and fantasy but sometimes I add a little bit of romance...
Experience: Still in Primary so only from what I've learnt :)
Meh here goes...

SNAP!
I looked around, heart beating in my ears, eyes wide as saucers. Alas, no-one was there. My chest was still heaving after my blind getaway run, but I still didn't know where I was. Alright, I'll admit it: I was scared. More than scared, I was terrified. Petrified. Finally the mist lifted, but that was no help to where I was. I had never seen this place before. Towering trees loomed over me, their branches scratching my skin harshly, as if they were trying to grab me and take me away somewhere. A cruel, mocking wind howled through the forest, nipping at my elbows and chapping my lips. I tried to scowl, but the wind kept rearranging my eyebrows so in the end I gave up. Thats when I heard it again. SNAP! I whirled around like a hurricane, but the wood was deserted. Not even a mosquito dared to roam here. Without warning a hand grabbed my wrist and I think I screamed but no sound came out so all I could do was struggle. Slowly but surely, the world around me began to fade till all that prowled was darkness...

When I awoke, I was slumped against a tree in the middle of a wood. I couldn't remember a thing until I saw it:that hand. Thant green, slimy hand, still wrapped around my wrist. I yelled in surprise, as the hand hopped off and walked away. That hand-it belonged to a goblin!. My vision was blurring again but I didn't want to faint-not now, not just now. Tinkling laughter rang in my ears so I looked up, and my eyes met a frolic of fairies, singing a song about putting "a dumb mortal" in a cauldron to eat. I winced.Probably me, I thought. Then I heard whinnying, and before that whispering, then I heard a shriek that wasn't my own and before I knew it I was sliding down, down, down...

"Cook the mortal, yum yum yum! Cook them medium rare! Cook the mortal, in my tum! We're hungry, hurry up!" I was spinning. No, literally, I was tied to a big wheel and being rolled into a bubbling, sizzling, cauldron, surrounded by chanting goblins. Some were laughing, some were drunk, and some were licking the list. I was about to be dinner. Or was it lunch? I wasn't sure. Sweat trickled down my forehead and I screamed and struggled, but It was no use. NEGHHHHH!!!!! Panting, I looked ahead of me. All at once it happened. Galloping at rocket-speed, an enraged unicorn burst through the bushes and used her horn to cut the ropes I was attached to! I was flung onto her back and we raced off, but I was to shocked even to utter thanks. Goblins? Unicorns? Lunch? That was all I remembered, for I fell asleep and when I woke up I was in my room in bed. Dream or reality? You choose.
Last edited by labradoodle123 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎,
𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚢𝚎 -
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
- 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚔 !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxx

Hey everyone! You can call me lab,
doodle, labradoodle or just any name
you can think of! I am a girl so prefer
she/her but I am a tomboy. My favourite
animal is a wolf, because I think they
are beautiful, wild and free, and are
completely misunderstood by most
humans. Their loyalty is mistaken for
aggression, their kindness for weakness,
and their silence for cowardice.

I love horseriding, hockey, judo and the
great outdoors. I am always looking to
make new friends so feel free to pm me,
and I am always open for role-playing.
Have a great day!

link link link ©
labradoodle123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 am

I'm assuming I need to post this before I put in any enteries?
Joining Form
Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Pronouns: TSOTS, Song, Star, Free
Favorite writing theme, fantasy, futuristic, realistic, etc: Fantasy
experience as a writer: Participated in NanoWrimo multiple times, written many one-shots and prompt challenges
other: Can't wait to start on my first entry!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigWolf643 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 am

Joining Form
Username: bigwolf643
Pronouns: she/her
Favorite writing theme: to write, fantasy with dashes of horror, and family/friendship. to read, sci-fi, fantasy, and vaguely surreal horror. my favorite genre is the podcast mabel. if you've listened to that, that's everything i want in media.
Experience as a writer: i've been writing for like...five years? ish? dunno. i have an ao3 with a few of my works, though most of my stuff is my own original content and i haven't gotten around to posting it. im sure you can find my writing on various contests on this site.
Other: real pumped to enter this! i have some ocs i've been meaning to play around with and the theme for this contest is perfect for them.
R.I.P Peppermint. April 2010-July 3, 2014
You will always be remembered, as a loving, caring best friend, who died too young

ImageImage
BigWolf643

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me