{ β€” Battle & Ballgowns πŸ’‹ {CLOSED}

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Is your character looking forward to the "tradition" or not?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 4

{ β€” Battle & Ballgowns πŸ’‹ {CLOSED}

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:11 am

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ π–‡π–†π–™π–™π–‘π–Š 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–‡π–†π–‘π–‘π–Œπ–”π–œπ–“π–˜ πŸ’‹

✚ the setting of this roleplay is high society colonial america. there are several noble families to take note of - the
✚ Winchesters, the Clermonts, and the Thorntons. all three of these families have strict values and reputations to uphold.
✚ but, of course, not everyone can be of noble descent, so there are many families whose sons and daughters attempt to
✚ climb the social ladder and present themselves equal in high society. despite the effort, few climb to higher social
✚ statuses, and many are left in the dust. but the strifes of the peasant class become of less importance with the brewing
✚ rebellion in the colonies and the cries of revolution. the three noteworthy noble families follow a tradition, though,
✚ and despite the revolution, they continue with it. after all, the lives of the many are for entertainment for the
✚ aristocratic few. intrigue, mystery, romance, and drama will surely ensue.
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 am, edited 18 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Directory πŸ’‹

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 am

Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Details πŸ’‹

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 am

General:

You can reserve a spot in either the discussion thread or you can pm me! They last a couple of days, but I will contact you again if you haven't put it up on the discussion thread yet. If you don't reply to that, you forfeit you reservation! I kind of have this everywhere but: If you have questions about the plot, please PM me for more clarification. Also, heads up ROLES ARE NOT SET IN STONE, PLEASE PM IF YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA! That being said, you can also PM me general questions. Basically, my inbox is open y'all. Even if you don't wanna chat about the RP, I'd love to help you out with other things too.

Plot:

As was said in the introductory post, this roleplay will take place in colonial America, specifically New York (Manhattan). (i.e. 13 colonies). Furthermore, my character, Annie, will keep the timeline in place. This is taking place before the actual war, but the idea of rebellion is brewing. If you don't know a lot about American history, that's quite alright. You will need to know basics about the American Revolution, but otherwise, I'm not planning on going into detail about every little thing. (rules/expectations will be listed below) The initial main focus of the plot will be the noble family's tradition. As to not go into depth about what it is exactly, I'll leave it relatively broad and open for interpretation, as that is what the characters will have to figure out. I'm also doing this, so we can adapt to it, and it's not as rigid in structure. Essentially, the tradition is a gathering of the sons and daughters of the three noble families, and then families from lower classes. The idea is that this gathering is a chance for the peasant families to grow in social status by the way of marriage.

Noble Family Details/Values:

Winchesters: Openly against the revolution. The Winchesters are against the revolution because they have ties to the royal family. In fear of their lives, they do not promote the rebellion and want to keep things the way they are. They are distantly related to the King, and had often bragged about it, as they believe that makes them superior. They value honesty and being upfront, as that is how they came into the majority of their wealth.

Clermonts: A wealthy banking family, the Clermonts value hard work, but they believe that you must do whatever you can to achieve greatness, even if that means hurting others in the process. They often stepped on others backs to achieve their height on the social ladder.

Thorntons: The Thorntons are probably the most tame of the three families, they are a large producer of crops and other goods, such as fur. They come from old money since when their ancestors first arrived in America. They value integrity, and because of that, have often feuded with the Clermonts.
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Mon May 04, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Rules πŸ’‹

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:22 am

1. All CS rules apply, please look specifically at the rules for this board.

2. Decent grammar and spelling are required. I can understand mistakes, but if I can hardly read your posts, I will likely not have you roleplay in this RP.

3. Please have neat character forms

4. Characters must have a realistic face claim (i.e. no anime characters)

5. Characters must be from the ages of 18 to 25.

6. Romance, drama, and IC fighting is encouraged, but if I see any OOC bullying/drama, I will ask the person responsible to leave the RP, and report them to the mods.

7. All forms must go in the discussion thread.

8.Limit of 2 characters per player. (one in nobility, one in peasants) Only one character per person!

9. Please try to be active! Twice a week minimum is all I ask!

10. 150+ words per post, please! A little less is okay, but please try to remain decently consistent (excluding introductory post, which can be much longer than what you would write on a general post, at least that's how it is for me).

11. Keep the evenness between males and females, please! That being said, it can be changed which roles are female and male, but try to keep it even!

12. Please let me know who your faceclaim is for the characters/form links below.

13. All OOC in discussion thread please!

14. Keep in mind the era when creating your character. Names shouldn't be extremely exotic, the most of our characters will come from Great Britain. That being said, I don't mind diversity, just don't name your character anything outrageous. If you want a reference for some good names refer h ere. There are still some unique names in here. If I think your name is unrealistic, I'll PM you and ask you to change it, unless you can give a good argument!

15. I will add more as I deem fit! :)
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 am, edited 13 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Winchesters πŸ’‹ {FULL}

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:22 am

Winchesters

The Eldest (M)

The next head of the family, a lot is expected of them, but they don't agree with the familial values and think they are old-fashioned, but doesn't have the gut to speak against them.

Name: Nathaniel "Nate" Winchester
Form: x
Played by: Κ™α΄œα΄„α΄‹Κ ʙᴀʀɴᴇs

The Freeloader

Quite the opposite of the Eldest, the Freeloader gets nearly everything they want, and doesn't work for it. But, they are a lot more than what is presented.

Name: Benjamin Winchester
Played by: ~stories untold.

The Socialite

They are quite the social butterfly, and is always one of the first people to get invited to any social gathering. Their parents disapprove of their "party animal" behaviors. They use the "Popular" to get all the latest news/gossip.

Name: Rosemary Winchester
Played by: Kestryl
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Fri May 08, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 19 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Clermonts πŸ’‹ {FULL}

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:23 am

Clermonts

The Atoner (M)

He sees the fault in his family values and wants to make up for the harm that his family has caused others.

Name: Fox Clermont
Played by: pecos

The Popular (F)
They are the one who would be the quarterback or head cheerleader if they were in modern times. They are the one that everyone aspires to be and are good friends with the Socialite, who is their right-hand person.

Name: Phoebe Clermont
Played by: Serpentis

The Scholar (M)

He is always trying to learn something new and often has his nose in a book.

Name: James Clermont
Played by: Aniki

The Diplomat

They are a very peaceful person who often acts as a mediator between his/her siblings.

Name: Elijah Clermont
Played by: meetpluto
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Wed May 06, 2020 8:41 am, edited 33 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Thorntons πŸ’‹ {FULL}

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:10 am

Thorntons

The Revolutionary

She stands by the revolution, and often sneaks out to fight for justice. She is the eldest.

Name: Anastasia "Annie" Freya Thornton
Played by: 8_Stars_8

The Shy One (F)

She is extremely shy, and is selfless. She lets her sisters do most things, such as act on the Revolution, and is the middle child.

Name: Juliet Thornton
Played by: OutFoxed

The Naive (F)

The youngest sister of the Thorntons. She is often ill and overworks herself, she looks up to her sisters, and can seem a bit naive to the turbulence of the times.

Name: Bridget Thornton
Played by: chalkdust
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Fri May 01, 2020 10:46 am, edited 21 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Peasants πŸ’‹ {FULL}

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 am

Peasants

Baker's Son (M)

The Baker's Son is kind and charismatic, but is also very fit and well-built. He is quite shy and isn't as outgoing as everyone else.

Name: Christopher Cabell
Played by: Serpentis

Tailor's Daughter
The tailor is a well-known person among the nobility, as they use their skills on all three of the families. Their daughter is the next one to take over the family business, and is very useful with her hands and is quite creative.

Name: Adeline Beaumont
Played by: dxisyy

Blacksmith's Daughter

Much like the Tailor's Daughter, the Blacksmith's daughter is useful with her hands, and is often toying with some scrap metal.

Name: Olivia Maddox
Played by: Aniki

The Orphan

He doesn't know much about his past, and is avidly searching for answers. He is a bit rough and tumble and can seem uncaring, but he is actually very sweet deep down.

Name: Felix Blackburn
Played by: meetpluto
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 am, edited 22 times in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” Extra Spot πŸ’‹

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:24 am

Any Extra Information, that I need to add will go here. (i.e. weather, relationships)

Key: winter - ❆ | spring - ✿ | summer - β˜€ | fall - 🍁

Season: ✿
Time Of Day: Early Morning
Day of the Week: Monday

𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐏
This RP isn't started yet.
Last edited by 8_Stars_8 on Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ β€” 001. πŸ’‹

Postby 8_Stars_8 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:26 am

β€” A N A S T A S I A β€”
"revolutionary" | location: just outside thornton's manor | tagged: none

xxxThe fragrant smell of the floral spring air was being overcome by the approaching summer humidity. It was late spring, summer just on the horizon. The year was 1773, the month of May coming to an end. Anastasia was just outside the Thornton Manor, in the luscious gardens. She sat on a stone bench, having just been handed a letter. She wouldn't admit the joy receiving a letter gave her. It was a small sneak peak to the outside world, from the confines of their manor. Their father was strict on letting the girls off the property Of course, this didn't stop Annie. The letter was addressed to "Miss Anastasia Thornton". She turns the envelope around, revealing a brick red wax seal. She opens the envelope gently.
xxxThe letter inside read: "You have been cordially invited to Brighton Manor, where you will reside for the following years. You have reached an age where you must be wed to either the brightest minds or the richest families and this is intended to aid you. Cordially yours, Lord and Lady Brighton" Anastasia was extremely confused. She knew of the Brightons, they were a wealthy, and elderly, couple. She stands up and brushes off her mauve dress. She walks into the house, a puzzled look on her face. "Father? What is this about?" She asks. He looks at her and then at the letter she was holding in her hands. "We need to talk. Gather your sisters and bring them to the sitting room." He tells Annie. She nods, a puzzled look still on her face.
xxxAnnie goes up to her sister's rooms and knocks on their doors. They had received similar letters, along with the WInchesters, Clermonts, and another select few.
8_Stars_8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me