Forum rules
This board has been so popular that we've had to make another board for avatars already!

We've made a new Editable Avatars board so if you want everyone to color in your avatar you can post over there! It'll work just like the regular editable oekaki forum, but for Avatar sized canvases :)

If you only want certain friends to be able to color your avatar then you can leave it in this board, and just add editing permissions for those people.

tavaris by thenullchrysalis

• Forum avatar size
Artist thenullchrysalis [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Forum avatar

Sorry, this artist does not allow people to use this drawing as their avatar.

tavaris

Postby thenullchrysalis » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:04 pm

HUGE bg3 spoilers

im v tired so im not gonna rant too much abt him but tavaris my beloved... my first tav, a mostly blind playthrough. his file was completely vanilla, no mods, and only the slightest help from the internet lolol

his ending was pretty bittersweet-- he became half-illithid but refused to fully transform, but sided with lae'zel and the githyanki prince, so orpheus ended up becoming an illithid. lae'zel ended up leaving to start a revolution against vlaakith, and since this was b4 the patch where she'd allow anyone to come with her (not just if you were githyanki), tavaris was left behind. astarion was still a spawn so he ran off after burning in the sunlight, shadowheart's parents were dead, gale still had the orb and no crown, wyll had no clue who he truly wanted to be, and karlach was dying. she and wyll ended up in avernus to save her life. jaheira, minsc, and minthara were all dead.... i didn't know they could b companions oops..... oh and halsin left the party back in act 2 when I failed to lift the shadow curse bc I couldn't figure out how and refused to look at a guide XD

this was also before the epilogue update so overall, it was a pretty bittersweet ending. even though tavaris not only survived what was almost the end of the world but helped to kill the netherbrain, he didn't really get his happy ending and instead had to cope with the numerous mistakes he'd made. to everyone else, he was their fearless leader, their hero... infallible, and yet perfectly capable of human mistakes. his pose shows his true insecurities, and though his title holds some truth to it because he is still a very strong person in general, it moreso highlights his shortcomings by making a mockery of him. also for his expression I was kind of aiming for a mix between anger, sadness, and a sort of haunted look. i think the illithid markings help that a bit lol

i said i wasn't gonna ramble but here we are. anyway the point is, he's certainly a capable leader, but not a perfect one. its alright buddy the person controlling you had no idea what they were doing either :thumbs_up: ie romancing lae'zel but using almost every illithid perk possible........ yeahhh that's prob why she left LMAO

he/they | ashton or ash | credit my TH for any art or design please!

thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me