Range Trotter #STF033 by heyheygirl101

Based on Click to view
Artist heyheygirl101 [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF033

Postby heyheygirl101 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

This trotter is happy you have come to rescue them but they aren't willing to leave without their newly made friend who looks at you pleadingly in the brig cell next to this trotter.
    What friend are you helping escape with this trotter?

End Date: May 17, 2024

Username: Embergleam
    Show Name: RRS Depthcharge
    Barn Name: Charger

Height: 15.2 hh
    Eye Color: F.U.N.
    Phenotype: Lilac Roan Triggerfish Whitecap Appaloosa
    Genotype: ee/aa/RnRn/TrfTrf/Lplp Wcwc
    Mane, Tail & Fins pass at artists discretion
Last edited by heyheygirl101 on Sun May 19, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF033

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 pm

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR Ghosts of the Past
Barn Name:
Lykos
Height:
16 hands
Wood Colour:
Redwood
Rope Colour:
Golden-brown
Prompt:
The pirates stole a calico male cat named Treasure. They heard about a treasure. They went to steal it. Turns out it was just a cat. Except, they decided to keep the cat. They know male calicos are said to be rare. They know a male calico is worth a lot. They were planning to sell him.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed May 15, 2024 11:36 pm

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Show Name: Wrath of Nimbus
Barn Name: Typhoon
Height: 14hh
Wood Colour: Artist’s choice
Rope Colour: Artist’s choice
Prompt:
    Typhoon was by far one of the most intimidating trotters to rescue. He had a cold and frightening look. It almost made me wonder if he was a captured trotter or one of the pirate’s steeds. However, after his cell gate opened with a long creak, he stepped out. Eyes boring holes into me. However, his gaze held no hostility. As I was about to guide him away with a rope, he stopped. He turned his head away, refusing to led me tie the rope around him. I was puzzled but decided to ask why.

He turned and headed to the cell next to his. It was empty. Or so I thought. With a gentle tap on the rusty gate, something started to shift in the cell. It skittered with frightening speed across the damp floor. It crawled up along Typhoon’s legs and rested itself at the base of his neck. The sight before my eyes sent chills down my spine.

Who would’ve thought….

Typhoon befriended a giant centipede.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Thu May 16, 2024 1:02 am

Username: werepickle
Show Name: HwP Know No Bounds
Barn Name: Ace
Height: 15hh
Wood Colour: black
Rope Colour: green
Prompt:
I slowly opened the cage and enticed Ace out with some sea kelp. Successfully luring him and getting a temporary harness on, I started to lead him out. Soon Ace started to tug on the halter and after not being able to endure any more burn released the halter and watched him trot to the cage besides his. Curiosity piqued my interest and shone a flashlight between the bars but not seeing anything out the ordinary I ventured in the cage. After sifting through the hay, I gave up and went to leave the cage. Near the entrance I spotted a pink ball and thinking this is what Ace wanted I reached out to pick it up and as soon as my finger brushed against the ball seemed to uncurl and what was no standing in front of me I could’ve believe. A small armadillo was nestled into the hay and looking over as Ace started to dance on his feet I scooped the armadillo up and left with the pair
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Sat May 18, 2024 11:06 am

Username: Embergleam
Wood Colour: Artist's choice
Rope Colour: Artist's choice
Prompt:
Charger didn't make one friend whilst in captivity, but two: a Majorera goat and her kid. The unfortunate trio were kept stalled together in the hopes that herd mentality would carry the day. It worked, perhaps better than the pirates realized. Charger absolutely began to view the goats- named Gabriela and Diego respectively- as his herd. He shared his hay with the two, stood watch when they slept, and let little Diego use him as an impromptu playground.

(Range trotters, it turns out, make excellent jungle gyms.)

The pirates' clever plan backfired terribly when it came time to split the trio up. The moment his 'herdmates' were out of sight, Charger lost his ever-loving mind. He threw a fit best termed 'biblical', shattering support beams, splintering planks, and bending metal stall fittings as if they weren't there. He did enough damage his captors were forced to run the ship aground in the shallows, where the authorities were able to bring them to justice.

Now the three have been reunited, and Charger has absolutely no intentions of letting his goats out of his sights ever again.

((Picture courtesy of Wikipedia!)
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:20 pm

Embergleam wrote:Username: Embergleam
Wood Colour: Artist's choice
Rope Colour: Artist's choice
Prompt:
-snip-

Congrats! I just kept picturing him being jumped on all over and it melted my heart

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups