Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: My Guide To *Nice* Trade Rules

Postby BLUBBERPUPPY » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 pm

This is my trade message:

HELPFUL HINTS
.. I prefer pets born on the first of the month.
.. I don't mind blank trades and I don't mind haggling.
.. If you trade for one of my date swap pets and ask what I want for it, your trade will be automatically canceled. Just so we're absolutely crystal clear, THE PETS IN DATE SWAPS ARE NOT FOR TRADE! I am just making it easier for people to swap with me.
.. I am really good about keeping my wishlist updated, so check often.
.. You don't have to read any further, but it might help you get an idea of what I'm looking for.

OFFER ME THE FOLLOWING
.. HOARDS: I am primarily hoarding all of the stained glass dogs from September 2010, including the Magenta PPS. Secondarily, I hoard the dreamcatcher dogs from April 2010. I am now only seeking hoard pets born on the first of the month because I give away so many pets date swapping!
.. WISHLIST PETS: One of each, please! Not all of my wishlist pets were released on the first of the month; I will view trades accordingly.
.. OCTOBER NEWBORNS: I collect large amounts of all the dog newborns and I also collect large amounts of cat newborns for my friend.
.. DATE SWAPS: I give free pets in exchange for date swaps. For those of you who don't know, a date swap is when you and I have the same exact pet with different adoption days. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, as you still end up with the same pet you started with -- with a different birthday, of course! -- and up to four free pets in addition. For every completed date swap with newborn to uncommon pets, I will give four free newborns, very commons, commons, or uncommons. For every completed date swap with rare to very rare pets, I will give one free rare. If you are engaging in a date swap with me, feel free to select pets of your choice so long as you remain within these guidelines. Visit my thread for more details.
.. RARES & TRADE FODDER: I have no rares left! X3 I will consider these even if they are not on my wishlist!
.. DOGS: I eventually want to collect all the dogs in Chicken Smoothie, so if you have any completed litters for trade, please offer. I prefer to group them together when I can so having the full litter of anything will impress me immensely.
.. OTHERS' WISHLISTS: I help collect pets for Sabin and Matt.

DO NOT OFFER ME THE FOLLOWING
UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE
.. art
.. items
.. hoard pets that are not born on the first of the month
.. any non-dog creature that is not on my wishlist, Sabin's wishlist, or Matt's wishlist

Check out my auctions, trades, and date swaps threads.

GAME CURRENCY TRADES ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I am not interested in changing them; I really only have four hints. XD The rest is just what I'm seeking and what I'm not. If I had to be realistic, there's probably a 90% chance people are going to trade with me and not read my stuff anyway, and if they don't, I don't really mind [unless they keep sending the trade over and over when I have politely told them no and given a reason why]. I just like getting trades! I'm proud of my trade message and not worried that my sparse use of caps lock will turn people off because nothing in there is mean or rude. Still, I think it's also important to remember that when people are sending me trades, primarily they want something from me — I do have a right to be as polite or as militant as I wish. I just choose to not be a crazy, pitchfork-wielding meaniepants. XD

I respect other people immensely; I type in codewords, I jump through hoops, I grovel, and I go out of my way, but I don't complain because in the end I am asking them for something and I owe it to them to follow their rules. I'm proud to say that while I've been on the receiving end of some very rude comments — despite said jumping through hoops and groveling — I've never dished any out. =] It's important to remember that there's probably a reason behind semi-cranky trade rules. I think you've done a great job in solving one half of the problem, Ey — unapproachable, intimidating rules that drive people away. If only we could do the same for the other side of the problem and promote politeness on the part of the trade initiator. Thank you so much for taking such a huge step in promoting kindness in the Chicken Smoothie community!
BLUBBERPUPPY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:14 am

Thanks for your input, everyone.

Yea, you're right, Sheepdog Noir. Maybe I'll add a section with advice for the trade initiator...
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunar Paradox » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 am

What do you think of mine?

Hello! Welcome the trading center. Before you send me a trade,there are a few guidelines you may want to read:
1. A message is always nice.
2. Even though they are not on my wishlist,I like pretty or interesting warrior cats.My favorite CS pets are my wishlist dogs.
3.I usually want to wait till a pup's rarity is known before I trade it.
4.Watch out for the monkeys throwing coconuts!;)
Thank you for reading!
Lunar Paradox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >>cAndy*mania!<< » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 pm

so much people say that to me! and i got blacklisted
my best friends are crazy_for_CHICKEN and aileensings123.My best friends cousin told me about this so thanks Nynecho! Oh and I love trades and auctions so send me some! Ok BYE!

>>cAndy*mania!<<

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm

I am so glad to see this thread. I wish more people read it. I also want to add that I've seen a lot of rules lately (new trend?) with pictures of a pet and then a statement saying that if I don't follow their rules the pet will bite my head off, eat me, etc. I don't find this funny or cute. What it says to me is that this person has a short fuse and if I accidently break a rule they'll yell at me. Not nice. A "guardian" pet is ok but a threat is not.

Here are my trade "guidelines", I would love to have everyone's opnion on them.

A Few Guidelines:

1) Only pets in For Trade group are available to trade. If it has NFT but is visable then I forgot to lock it and am sorry for getting your hopes up.

2) Just because it isn't on my wishlist doesn't mean I won't accept it in a trade, try me.

3) I don't trade away growing pets but I don't keep doubles, so if you want me to let you know if a double shows up I can put it on hold for you. I will accept growing pets in trade though.

4) I love items! I like collars, leads, and things that pets can hold in their mouths (ie carrots, bones, grass, toys, etc)

Dream Pet: Image

Dream Item: Image
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reannat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 am

Thank you for this helpful little guide. It made me think about my trade rules, and if they where truly *nice*.
Would you mind taking a look at my rules? I think I worked all of the kinks out now.

Trade rules:

1. Please resect that I might not like your trade. Its nothing against you personaly, please don't be mad!

2. Please respect locked groups, Its locked for a reason!

3. Before you send me a trade, ask yourself, "Would I want someone to send me a trade like this?"

4. If I don't answer your trade right away, its because I am considering it and/or consulting the "Is this a fair trade" thread. Please don't get all mad that I don't answer right away.

5. I have some groups labeled 'trade'. you can offer on other groups, but trade groups are pets I have extras of.

6. There's no code word, but I can tell if you read the rules.

7. Please no chat-speak, its a good way to get your trade canceled.

8. Open trades are fine, but I'd prefer you made an effort to offer me something.

9. I usually only trade rares for other rares of the same date. I you are not offering rares for rares, be prepared to offer a lot!

10. This is the most important rule: Please write a message, so I know you are human! Sorry, but I will cancel trades with no message. It doesn't take that long to write a little message, and it saves us both a lot of trouble.

Any feedback?
Reannat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Reannat wrote:
Thank you for this helpful little guide. It made me think about my trade rules, and if they where truly *nice*.
Would you mind taking a look at my rules? I think I worked all of the kinks out now.

Trade rules:

1. Please resect that I might not like your trade. Its nothing against you personaly, please don't be mad!

2. Please respect locked groups, Its locked for a reason!

3. Before you send me a trade, ask yourself, "Would I want someone to send me a trade like this?"

4. If I don't answer your trade right away, its because I am considering it and/or consulting the "Is this a fair trade" thread. Please don't get all mad that I don't answer right away.

5. I have some groups labeled 'trade'. you can offer on other groups, but trade groups are pets I have extras of.

6. There's no code word, but I can tell if you read the rules.

7. Please no chat-speak, its a good way to get your trade canceled.

8. Open trades are fine, but I'd prefer you made an effort to offer me something.

9. I usually only trade rares for other rares of the same date. I you are not offering rares for rares, be prepared to offer a lot!

10. This is the most important rule: Please write a message, so I know you are human! Sorry, but I will cancel trades with no message. It doesn't take that long to write a little message, and it saves us both a lot of trouble.

Any feedback?

I think your trade rules are ok. You spelled respect wrong though in the first rule.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluish » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

I notice that
"If you withdraw your bid from this auction, you will be blacklisted."

Doesn't have a replacement rule. I'd like to suggest one, if that's okay c:

"Please do not withdraw your bid. If you must, of course, that's understand, but try not to. Thanks!"
~ and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood ~
Bluish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KayleeBanana » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:32 pm

This is such a wonderful guide! :thumbup: I am a very active trader and just about everyone I trade with has extremely harsh rules. I feel like they are yelling at me for sending them a bad trade, even though I haven't. :? Maybe this guide can help CS become a little more trade-friendly.

I would like to suggest adding a section on avoiding random or unnecessary images. All too often, I see people with 435,345,394 pictures in their rules that don't even apply to CS. Or they have a super long roleplay introduction that includes 12 different pets, each with their own rule. Or their rules are written on images, and they have like 6 of these rule pages that are absolutely huge, take a long time to load, and are pointless anyways. :roll:

I'm also going to suggest that you add a section on condensing your trade rules. I've found that most people are more willing to read a bunch of text that has been placed into a small area, rather than that same amount of font that has been spread out. Placing images side-by-side is an excellent way to shorten up your rules. Or using the [left][left] feature to put lists side-by-side.

I hope you take my suggestions into consideration. Thank you! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
KayleeBanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormish » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Here are my trading rules...

~ Stormeh's Trading Center ~

"Hai there! I'm Fishface, I run Stormflower's trading center!"

Meow and welcome! Please have a quick read through the following to make sure we can both enjoy trading with each other!

Trading Guidelines:

1. I am so obsessed with Warrior Cats that I am forming my own Clan and therefore currently only trade for cats I don't already own and things to add to my fresh-kill pile (please note these have roughly the same value as 'hoard' pets and I would also prefer if they looked realistic).

2. I don't usually trade any cats from my "Warriors" group unless I have two of them.

3. I'm fine with editing trades, but please leave me a message so I know which part to edit.

4. Under no circumstances should you ever bring a man-eating porcupine with less than 3 feet and a runny nose anywhere near my trading page. (No, seriously, one nearly ate my friend.)

5. I don't need you to put a codeword for me to be able to tell if you read all this or not, however, if you would like some free invisible virtual cookies, just put "OMNOMNOM123" somewhere in the trade. :3

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make them sound more friendly?
Sorry, I don't actively play Chicken Smoothie anymore. But you can find me on IcePets as Storme. Image
Stormish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me