Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Galingale Strider Adoptions [SOLD TO adheline] by Kitsyn

Based on Click to view
Artist Kitsyn [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Galingale Strider Adoptions [SOLD TO adheline]

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:12 am

These elegant creatures are considered the royalty of horses. Their slender bodies, height, and draped feathers are adored throughout the world. In the past some worshiped them, kept them as pets, and others hunted them for their horns which contain nutrients for medicine and feathers to wear as decoration. Now days, they are shown off for their beauty and horns are only allowed to be collected after they decease. Those in the wild live peacefully and stay in herds from 5 to 25 roaming in their territory. They do have behaviors of both carnivores and herbivores, along with high intelligence. Their feathers are used as camouflage in the wild, and also for mating. Galingales are well known for being affectionate and playful, especially mares, though they tend to be over-protective with their young. Now days, you can see these creatures just about anywhere in the world, but attempting to see them in their natural habitat can be quite the challenge.

• Glowing eyes at night.
  • Tri-toed hooves.
  • Long tattered ears.
  • Full-body length mane of feathers.
  • Reptilian tail.
  • Deer-like legs.
  • Canine teeth, males show fangs.
  • Males have horns.
  • They are omnivores.
  • Height is from 14 hh - 18.3 hh
  • Always have faded splotches: (dapples)
    • These extend along the spine from the head to tip of tail, the shoulder, and flank.
    • Splotches are normally a shade darker than light coats and lighter on dark coats.
  • They can also have other designs; brindle/stripes, leopard, etc.
  • Coat colors consist of most animals in the world.
    Rarity Coats:
    • Horses - Common
    • Canines - Uncommon
    • Felines - Rare
    • Aquatic Life - Rare
    • Reptiles - Very Rare
      *feathers can be any color and design
    Combined coats take the rarity of the more rare breed if traits are shown.

• Artists: Also Mods
      Neon Phoenix

• Moderators:
      ~Trompy
      Shattered Beazt
      iShame

• Guest Artists:
      Neara Permanent

• Mods can post 10 adopts per month.
    • Guest Artists are only around for 4 weeks and can post 15 adopts.
    • Staff are allowed 3 customs a year.
    • GA may receive 1 common custom.
      Very Rare or a coat not listed takes 2 custom slots.

• You must have been registered for at least 3 months and have made at least 200 posts for ownership rights. There is no limit to the number of striders you can own. You can apply for more than one but you will only win one per 3 weeks.
  • Galingale mares have 4 breeding slots and stallions have 6 slots. The parents of the foal will be shown on its first post. Mares have less slots because pregnancy takes a tole on their bodies.
  • In order to breed a strider you need to find a suitable mare and stallion to breed together. You need permission to breed from both owners in the from of a 'screenshot' (if you own both this is un-needed). Once you've done this you need to check to see if there are any breeding artists open to design your foal. Please do not pester artists about when they will open; this is done on their own time.
  • Only gender and one other feature are allowed to be requested when ordering a breeding.
  • It is up to you to keep track of breeding! If it is found that a mare or stallion has had too many foals then the newest foals will be deleted until it is back down to 4/6; breeding slots to the other will be returned.
  • Foals can be bred 3 months after creation date.
  • Galingales can only breed to their own specie, and only male to female naturally.

• Do not claim the species or make your own, this is a closed species.
  • Do not claim an adopt if you are not the owner.
  • Do not ask for a custom or to be staff.
  • Selling, trading, or gifting is not allowed. If you no longer want your galingale strider, please inform me by PM.
  • Do not ask for artist contests, I will choose to do these when I see fit.
  • Please be polite to everyone! No whining, begging, or guilt others.
  • Do not alter the structure of the adoption form (centering, coloring, decorating, etc) or add extra info to it.
    Modified forms will be ignored. (This rule applys to all adopts unless in that competition the rules say you can.)
  • Do not copy designs or create similar species to striders, will be considered as art theft. This always means no transferring a design to another species if you decide to leave/decease your strider.
  • I reserve the right to re-adopt galingale striders from those that are banned permanently, as well as those who become in-active on CS for 2 years and don't mention saying anything about what happens with their striders.
  • Do not draw them any other way besides as this specie.
  • If you want to add items to your strider, you will need to make your own image; no "adding" to oekaki is allowed.
Last edited by Kitsyn on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

History, the Unknown, and Known

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 am

Not much is known about how long they have been living for, or where they first originate from. There is slight evidence that their ancestors could go all the way to the beginning of time when dinosaurs were around, and they were carnivores. Over time, they adapted to be omnivores and the galangal root became a major part of their diet. This brings people to believe that striders started in the Indonesia area and then migrated from there, but that wouldn't explain how they got to other continents after the drift. Original map image found here
First sight, they were referred to as the 'paradise horse' because of the elegant, royal feathers. In other parts of the world, they are thought to be created by Quetzalcoatl, a feathered serpent god. No one really knows for sure though how these majestic creatures came to be.
Since the galangal root was introduced to their diet, striders are known to live exceptionally long lives. In the wild they can live to their late 30s/early 40s. In captivity they can live to late 40s, and sometimes make it to 50. Males start to grow in their horns around the age of 2 and are fully developed by 5; also when they are strong enough to challenge other males and mate (fangs are shown at age 2).
Around the age of 28 the base of their feathers will start to turn white, and around age 34 they turn completely white.
Usually in herds the ratio is every 4 mares there is 1 stallion for mating. If there are more stallions for this ratio, then they compete for dominance; the losing strider sometimes may challenge another stallion in the herd since numbers are normally large (on average 17), but most often they either give up or leave to find another herd. Some stallions can become more attached to specific mares, so they may only fight for 1 or 2. This helps keep a healthy balance of having more stallions around for protection.
Mares can only carry one foal during pregnancy; if by chance they were to have twins, one wouldn't make it very far in the stages since enough nutrient isn't made to sustain two. Foals stay by their mother's side until about 7 months old; at that point they're allowed to be curious and venture around the area without supervision. It isn't until around 3 years old that they might leave the herd. Fillies usually don't, but colts typically wander off.
Galingales do not normally look for same gender relationships. Their instinct to mate drives them towards the opposite gender. Mares do tend to grow close to one another, but their bonds are no more than as sisters. Stallions will only grow close bonds to one another if one or both cannot breed, or if one ages past his will to breed which is usually around the time their feathers turn completely white; this goes for mares too (slots all used up as well, also mares).
Their weight is generally between 770 lbs/350 kg to 1433 lbs/650 kg give or take respectively to their height when full grown. Stallions can weigh more than mares, except when they're pregnant.
Technically they can be ridden, but the feathers make it incredibly difficult and would get damaged. On the plus side, striders are surprisingly intelligent and can grow close bonds with humans. They can perform showings on their own without a rider and remember things easily, though they refuse to act in 'horse/strider' races. Halters also can't have a bit since it wouldn't fit right in their mouth due to having canine teeth.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GGS

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 am

Reserved

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2770600][img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/89e3/f/2015/226/6/f/stamp_by_sirenatie-d95np1e.gif[/img][/url]

Stamp Base

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2770600][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/a83b/f/2015/226/5/e/sigbanner_by_sirenatie-d95ni82.png[/img][/url]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Image Image
Last edited by Kitsyn on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GGS

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 am

Reserved
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GGS

Postby Kitsyn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 am

Want to play some games? There's no admissions fee! All you have to do is is play fairly and follow the rules! They are quite fun and simple too.
      Each event won will earn you points to obtain a custom Galingale Strider!
      Rarities have their own set number of points you need to be able to reach that coat rarity. You don't have to turn in your points right away; you can keep saving up for higher rarities.
      • 80_ - Common
      • 170 - Uncommon
      • 270 - Rare
      • 380 - Very Rare
      • 500 - Unlisted
      The amount of points you receive varies on the type of event and will be listed under rewards for that particular game.
      Also, depending on the game will determine how many winners there could be. It may be anywhere from 1 winner to 3-5 winners. The amount of winners allowed will be stated in the rules for each game; the more people that can win means the tougher the event, but also higher rewards!
      If there are multiple events occurring, you may enter all of them, but you can only place in one.
      Events will open to users on the first Sunday of each month and close on the last Saturday of each month; however, events may not arrive every month.

Current events can be found and are held in the Fan Club!

Points per user and those who have received their custom are kept track of here.

Last edited by Kitsyn on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kitsyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Galingale Strider Archive

Postby KathrynKat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:22 am

A
.autumn - 5 -
Aelanis - 29 -
Agent Maine(Meta) - 60 -
Asuka - 61

B
Bella. - 17

C
Chromium - 67 - 68

D
Dark. - 7 -
Dragons Whisper - 9
Dawnslight - 30

C
caweber - 18

E

F

G
gator vocals - 23 -

H
Huuuuuuh - 43 -

I

J

K
WildHorse32
KathrynKat - 4 - 66 -

L
luce - 14
Luna~tic - 29
LadyChinaAru - 42

M
MᴏᴏɴʟɪᴛSᴛᴀʟʟɪᴏɴ - 12 - 58 -
||Madness|| - 27 -
~M a y a~ - 52
Moonhigh - 55 -

N
Neon Phoenix - 1 - 2 - 13 - 47
Nyeusi - 20

O

P
Pie Bird - 54

Q
Queen Chrysalis - 11

R
Rose Rivervalley - 41

S
Shattered Beazt - 8 -
SpartanAmethyst - 16
Sheepishlie - 19 -
ShortyTheHobbitess - 22 - 45 - 57 - 61
Sabori - 31
ShadyBro - 28 - 46
Striped~Hatter - 39 - 44 63
Squiddyz<3 - 69

T
teresa8oats - 3 - 26 - 32 - 51
Trompy - 6 - 37 - 49
Thoth - 65

U

V
Valerian Flames - 48
Viperly - 62

W
_wolfgirl_ - 40
Valerian Flames - 34
Wolves of rain - 64

X

Y

Z
.:Zira:. - 59
Last edited by KathrynKat on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:58 am, edited 58 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Galingale Strider Adoptions

Postby woolly » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:52 am

Woah, these are fascinating owo
hanging around collecting butterfly wolves
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:52 am

Holy wow. These are amazing <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me