Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of Kings

Postby Sixbane » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:58 pm

I've got to sleep now but all are done to this point; just posting this to mark my spot; Founder requests are still open; I just will do them in the morning.

completed:
dewly_noted
mukuroikusabas
leaves
gurocora.
sylveonsweetie987
Thani
Chamomile.
Last edited by Sixbane on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpotSong » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Username: SpotSong
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
A pride consisting of lions who aren't exactly the kindest. They group together with murderous intent and will gladly fight anyone who even looks at them the wrong way. Many of these lions are feirce and willing to kill on sight int heir jungle like desert environment. They have a murdering and fighting pit like that of a coliseum for shows and showing off of course. Their pride encircle the largest watering hole and shelter. Making them rather powerful in more ways than one.
Maned or not maned: maned please!
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I'm going for a dark pride so I'd love if the main male was this rough and rough looking bloak. I imagine him being like a red roan or a coal base with any sort of design to him. He could have plentiful scars possibly? I'm uncertain if a cut in the ear is allowed or not but if so is lovvvceee that. Thank you!
https://artfight.net/~SpotSong

ImageImageImage

SpotSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:25 pm

username;; amplify
territory;;
life was cruel in the simplest of ways. she was the unexpected fourth cub, born too small and seemingly too fragile. her parents were heartless, unwilling to ‘waste’ any valuable resources on her that the could be using on her siblings and so they abandoned her. logically she should not have survived the night, but she did. in fact, it was some sort of miracle that let her survive the next few nights as well. she was a fighter even then; and fight she did until she was found by a small traveling pride who just so happened to have a nursing mother.

but they didn’t take her in by pity, no—that would be a disgrace for all of them. they knew her spirit was strong and that she, like everyone else, deserved the chance to experience life through her own eyes. so from then on they took her in as their own and cultivated in her a warrior’s spirit, a scholar’s mind, and a true lion’s heart.

unfortunately the pride’s vagabond lifestyle was not for her, and one day she decided it was time for her to settle down. so, with a loving farewell and the promise that they would always be welcome, she stayed in the forest as they journeyed on. in all honesty, it was probably more opportunity than anything else which drove her to leave them then, as she had found the perfect territory hidden right beneath their noses.

despite having only one viable entrance, the ravine was undoubtedly well protected. thick foliage surrounded it, and left only the one entrance to be discovered, which made attacking it difficult at best. however, what lay beyond the foliage is even better. almost like a valley in it of itself, rocky walls form the entire backside with several caves littered throughout. it even had a single, secondary exit through the tunnels. but be warned: it only runs one way, which means that once you leave by it you cannot return.

however, despite how enclosed it may seem at first glance, the sky is clearly visible above them, while the ground was just as appealing. it was covered by a smooth layer of grass that gradually fades into a nice big dirt patch at the center.

finally, by some stroke of luck it is also located within walking distance of a running river. all in all it was the perfect place for her to start her pride: a place where everyone is welcome and no one is left abandoned, at least not for long. above all else, she was determined to give others the same chance she had been given.

maned or not maned;; not maned
inspiration/preferences/design prompt;;
xx this color gradient but from black to white, rather than reddish orange to white. perhaps to a very pale grey instead of white, depending on what you think would look best.

xx a pattern like this, in essence, following the gradient (white as the base, with greys building towards the black). the dots are more patch like, can be scale shaped as well, or something similar. ideally not generally bulky in size. could also have some of the (for example) grey spots on the black or white spots on the grey if it works with the pattern. a row of spots/patch of scale-esque spots a little ways under her eye/upper cheek area would be nice too if it works out.

her eyes are heterochromic, one silver, one a dark (navy?) but dulled blue. then perhaps a greyed shade of this blue, as well as a slightly lighter version, could be used to accentuate the rest of her coat? this would be done at your discretion, as I’m not sure if it’s possible or not and I trust your judgement here.

then finally one scar running diagonally from the upper middle part of her chest, to the lower right part of her chest, only slightly going on to her shoulder. not thick but it would be closer to it than thin.

~~~

thank you! and I apologize for the mouthful; once I started writing the idea out I just couldn’t stop!

Notes wrote:
- she/her
- trades [open/closed]
- PMs [open/closed]
Interests wrote:
- art, music, reading
- marvel, dc ;; the hobbit, lotr ;; good omens
- naruto, fma, haikyuu, fairy tail
- d:bh, tloz, pokémon
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kDmD » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Founder Form:
Username: kDmD
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Located in the highest heavens of Targon Valley, the territory of the Ka-Leo is shrouded in mystery (fog, but mystery also), and its pride are even more so mystifying, as no other group of living creatures has ever even seen a Ka-Leo in person. To most, they are but a myth carried on the winds of time. That is exactly how they want it. The pride have nestled themselves in the very heart of this illuded valley, calling the quiet, crisp clearing of that their home. Nobody really knows how the Ka-Leo got there, or how they've survived without ever seeming to venture beyond Targon Valley in search of food or water. Again, they prefer to keep it that way, hunting and gathering resources only during the darkest of the day's hours.
Maned or not maned: Not maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: https://i0.wp.com/stilouette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Bildschirmfoto-2015-09-17-um-13.08.47.png, darker red eyes
<--------------------------------------------------(.KD.)--------------------------------------------------------->
Hiya! I'm kDmD.
I'm new to this whole "adopt" thing, but so far it seems pretty cool.
I'm a pretty social/outgoing person, so new chats, inquiries, etc. are always welcome.

<--------------------------------------------------(.KD.)------------------------------------------------------>
kDmD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Username: WolfstormSC
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
This land was inherited to them from their father, destined to be theirs.
Sadly, his father's pride didn't think that he was right to lead, so they left him.

The land itself comprises of a large, savanna landscape with large rocky caves that the lions live in for shelter, storage and protection.
The land being barren of too many trees, there is not too much shade beyond the caves and occasional shady waterhole.

The lands still his, but with no pride to lead. But he is now ready to try again, to build it from the ground up.
Alone, he must now prove his worth, take back his father's lands and show other lions that he is fit to lead. (120 words)
Maned or not maned: Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Something with natural colours (blacks, greys, browns, reds, etc), unique pelt pattern/markings with darker accents/overlay pattern or marking, white unders (chest, stomach, etc), a darker coloured mane and bright, natural coloured eyes (blue, amber, etc).
A design that could strike fear, but also be seen as elegant to others.
(Hopefully this is okay and not too confusing. It's pretty much just artist's choice, as long as it has natural colours for everything)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syllecia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Username: Syllecia
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: It's tough out in the wild, but being a lion has some perks. When other animals see you, it's likely they feel fear. This is the best way this lion sought to claim their territory. They constantly trod around what they called their territory, knowing they were trespassing on others, but, when confronted, simply ignored them. They have many scars to show just how fiercely they will fight for what they say is theirs and if they feel they have lost, don't assume they've given up. On the occasion they feel they've lost, they have trained their bargaining skills and generally get something of what they were traipsing around. If that also doesn't work, then maybe they'll learn that enough is enough. Working alone is tough on them, though. They hope to build a large pride soon.
Maned or not maned: Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: As unnatural as possible...? Or, if that's not alright, sand cat based.
Syllecia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:47 am

Username: DiamondDogg Caverns
The pride resides in a savannah filled with some trees, mountains, and hills. A wide river runs through the territory, which continues through a fairly big lake. Many of the hills have created smaller sections and one of which the pride uses as their main area. In the center of one section is a hollow tree. This is where the lions mainly reside. A cliff that hangs off one of the mountains overlooks this clearing. Just above the cliff, there is a cave where the leaders sleep. Around the territory, you can also find trees or hills with hollows or caves in them where cubs may be kept.

Maned or not maned: up to you
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: maybe something brown, gray, or cream with darker and lighter markings?
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stringfire » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:04 am

Username: stringfire
he walks through a land filled with large pointy rocks. He walks through what seems to be deserted, however there are lots of things roaming around. And before winter starts herds of mule deer would travel through this place To go to a forest on the other side and he would need to kill a deer to servive the winter. The watering hole is the main sorce of water so all the animals drink there and have agreed that there will be no killing there and respect all life there. Although it seems peaceful there are other large animals there such as mountain lions and hyenas. Some are friends and some are foes.
Maned or not maned: maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: something with strips? Maybe tiger like or something. Maybe large stripes? And have red and black
Last edited by stringfire on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am no longer going to on this site vary often, my sibling will get the event pets and if i deside to not continue, then ill have a big give away!!
stringfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namida_☾ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:24 am

mark<3
──────────
Namida (she/xe/caw/he)
Image Image

──────────
tomorrow

──────────
timezone: cest
technically: artist

──────────
──────────

─────────────────
is nearly yesterday

and everyday
─────────────────

[url]commission card[/url]
toyhouse
artfight
Art is my own! Do not use!

─────────────────

──────────
is stupid

──────────
credit
──────────
──────────
Namida_☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alledowaya » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:27 am

Username: Alledowaya

The land here was very green, covered in plants and trees. She had traveled far from the savannah searching for the perfect place to call home after her last pride had been taken over by an unruly male. The lioness padded through the dense jungle, aware that she was treading in unknown territory. There were tales of tigers and tigons in this area of the world, but she wanted this place for herself and her future pride. She scouted the underbrush, and the trees, looking for signs of territorial markings. Finding none so far, she set to work. Marking where it would be easiest to scent, and dragging her heavy claws against the trees marking the boundary of her new land. She would defend this land with her life, and no male would take it from her. The wounds in the trees glowed blue, and she did not notice this while she was at work, but the land now knew her, and it accepted her as its current Queen. The trees made it easier for her to rake her claws through them, hardening to almost a petrified state once she was done. Those marks would be there for generations to come, warning off any intruders who might try to take her sanctuary.

Maned or not maned: not maned :) female
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: a reference of my lioness on lioden :)

Last edited by Alledowaya on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Alledowaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me