Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fawnae Adopts ❀ by Rotzalot

Artist Rotzalot [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 34
106 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fawnae Adopts ❀

Postby Rotzalot » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:35 am

xxxx✿ Species Info
      'I swear I saw something, somewhere deep in the forest, where the flora and fauna of the woods seem to have merged. . .'

Biologists have made reports that a new species has been spotted in the bowels of the woods, keeping themselves tethered to the thicket and seldom making appearance known. Documented below is all information scientists have regarding this newly-discovered species.

This is what we call... FLAVOR TEXT!!!- - ------------------✿ -------------------- - -

xxx‣ Fawnae [pronounced faw-nah] are a ruminant species of the Mammal kingdom hailing from the Cervidae family. Similiar in structure to a fallow deer, Fawnaes appear as lithe, slender deer with properties of the flora in their given environment. In contrast to its fallow counterpart, a Fawnae deer seems to vary in color and markings, differentiating themselves from the typical deer in the variety its flora-based genetics provide.

A Fawnae's diet consists primarily of nuts, berries, insects, fruits, and foliage... Though some have been documented as omnivorous, with rare sightings of certain specimens scavenging for meat, and in some instances, catching their own prey by virtue of their flora and/or horns.

The main indicator that separates a Fawnae from the typical stag is their unique evolutionary trait of the flowering body. Fawnae, in opposition to any other Cervidae, have adapted to their surroundings quite literally. Flora seems to bloom at the base of both their horns, said horns consisting of a wood-like texture. Researchers have found that some Fawnae react adversely to low light, while some flourish in a more low-lit environments. This, researchers concluded, is due to the variety of flora that present themselves within the Fawnae species.

Scientists have begun the search for Fawnae willing to interact with humans. The species seems to, en-masse, be skittish and weary of any and all contact. However, hope is being held that some Fawnae will be found open to domestication...

This is what we call... FLAVOR TEXT!!!- - ------------------✿ -------------------- - -

Announcements wrote:August 25th, 2023:
Development of the Fawnae species has begun! They've been officially recognized as a member of the Cervidae family; scientists are still studying how it is a mammal has fused with the properties of the flora around it. If only Darwin were here to offer his insight...

August 28th, 2023:
You may have noticed that lots of changes have been made, and all equally exciting! We've made an addition to the main Oekaki threads, such as a Growth + Transfers and Customs section. Additionally, the lineart has been refined both on the main lines + nursery lines, allowing artists more ease when working off the base(s). Speaking of which, our Artist Search and Nursery Artist Search is now open! I look forward to seeing any and all entries to come.

Finally, our Discussion thread and Discord are now LIVE! You can find both in our link directory, or for brevity, at the bottom of this very post.

I hope you've all been enjoying Fawnaes thus far as much as I have developing them-- your interest and support means the world to me! I'll see you all on the next announcement! ❀
Last edited by Rotzalot on Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:44 am, edited 24 times in total.
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules [PLEASE READ]

Postby Rotzalot » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:36 am

Fawnae ToS and Community Guidelines
        Written and revised by Rotzalot
        Last updated: September 20th, 2023

General Rules

All community memebers must abide by Chicken Smoothie's pre-established ToS here.
        Fawnae (whether you believe it to be a novel idea or not) is a closed species. Users outside of our staff may not create a Fawnae; this rule does not apply to users who have proof-of-purchase of an MYO ticket.
        ▸ Feel free to offer constructive critique of any sort, but please try to do so respectfully. This rule extends to the treatment of our staff.
        ▸ There is no cap to the amount of Fawnae's any given user can own.
        ▸ Due to the possibility that the secondary proprietor wishes to gain full ownership, Fawnae cannot be co-owned at this time. Staff cannot, in good conscious, decide who gets sole ownership of their given character, as there might be possible bias and necessary archival reorganization.
        Fawnaes may not be bought or resold for real-life currency or pre-existing art + characters.
        ▸ Once in a user's possession, said user has complete authority over traits in reference to their personality/identity [i.e sex + gender, possible disabilities, etc.]. However, in accordance to both CS' ToS and our own moral code, Fawnae's may NOT participate in the following:
        xxx ▸ Relationship(s) in which a grown Fawnae is [romantically] involved with an adolescent fawn.
        xxx ▸ Inces​tious relations of any kind
        xxx ▸ Any depiction of egregious harm to a fawn, or excessive gore*
        xxx* We include gore here due to it being prohibited by the Chicken Smoothie staff itself; please keep any depictions of
        xxxxgore of the 'candy' variant.

▸ Users may transfer designs from pre-existing characters to Fawnaes with the express permission of the original designer.

xxxPolicies regarding Customs, growths, and transfers

▸ As with mainline adopts, there is no cap on how many customs any given user can purchase and/or create.
        ▸ Any and all customs/growths/transfers made, whether on-site or off, must be approved by one or more staff members before becoming an official Fawnae.
        ▸ Whether seeking approval onsite or through our Discord via approval category, your Fawnaes(s) must include a clear and concise traits list.
        ▸ At this time, we do not allow users to edit the following:
        xxxFawnae's snout
        xxx ▸ One or more signatures provided by the original designer(s)

Please reference our In-depth Trait Guide for further elaboration on what is and isn’t acceptable within edits.
        ▸ Any and all customs/growths MUST be done on the official Fawnae base— please do not submit a version for approval with your own base.
        If you wish to do your custom/growth/transfer off-site, please use our official PSD here:
        Fawnae Adopts PSD Base
        ▸ All fawns must be at least four weeks old before submitting a growth.
        ▸ Small edits, such as expression changes and accessories, may be done without consulting staff. However, we do not allow editing of traits without the proper item(s).

xxxNursery Rules

▸ In order to initiate a breeding, you must fill out a batch request form on the nursery thread. Please do not request one outside the form as it’s considered spam.
        ▸ Please do not disparage or harass out artist(s) if they do not select your ticket.
        ▸ All Fawnae batches may produce between 1-4 fawns, the number of which based upon chance. The amount of fawns you receive will always be random unless you are using the appropriate breeding item.
        ▸ As with our previous rule, all fawn traits will be randomized. Which traits pass down are up to chance unless you are using the appropriate breeding item.
        ▸ All Fawnaes may be bred a maximum of three times in their lifetime— the only exception to this rule is if you are using the Second Wind item.
        ▸ Users may submit a (successful) breeding ticket once per month; please do not submit a ticket if you are not off cooldown.

xxxPolicy regarding trades and readoptions

▸ At this time, we only allow two-way trades— this is prone to change.
        ▸ All trades must be issued on our Fawnae Archival Updates thread; see Available Forms for more information.
        ▸ Your Fawnae(s) may only be traded for other official Fawnaes (this includes approved customs) and MYO Tickets.
        ▸ Your Fawnaes item(s) may only be traded for other official Fawnaes items and MYO Tickets.
        ▸ You may make a trade once per. 30 days; please do not try to initiate a trade if you are not off cooldown.
        ▸ Any and all readoptions must be officially owned by the host. If you are hosting a readoption competition for a Fawnae you do have proper ownership of, you will be given a warning and your comp. taken down.
        ▸ Upon hosting, you must choose your winner(s) within a reasonable timeframe.

If the host has left their readoption vacant for more than one month(s), and seem to be completely MIA, Fawnae staff will continue the judging process.
        ▸ All readoptions must be issued on our Fawnae Archival Updates thread.
        ▸ All readoptions must be hosted ON-SITE, whether their reference(s) are on Oekaki or not. Additionally, we do not allow said readoption entries to be privatized. All entries must be publicly listed on the readoption topic.

xxxArtist Rules

▸ Artists must make (at minimum) two adopts per month. In the occasion that an artist fails to meet the adopt minimum, a PM will be sent out regarding the adopt[s] (or lack thereof). Artists will be given a week to respond before being removed from staff.
        ▸ Artists may not host an event without consulting the current owner beforehand.
        ▸ Artists must make (at minimum) one nursery batch per month; see above rules.
        ▸ Artists must submit adopt designs to a moderator or owner before listing it for adoption.
        ▸ Artists get one Limited Uncommon MYO ticket per month; tickets do not stack*.
        * Each Artist MYO ticket expires at the end of a given month. If said ticket goes unused, you will not be able to create x2 MYOs the next month.
      Banned Users wrote:Below is a list of users who have been warned/permanently banned from adopting Fawnaes.
      As it stands, we currently work off of a three-strike system. Once you have hit three strikes, you will be permanently banned from participating in the species and all associated events.
      None
Last edited by Rotzalot on Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trait Guidelines

Postby Rotzalot » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:36 am

xxxx✿ Recognized Traits

* Listed below is a catalogue of traits currently known and documented by researchers. All given traits are categorized based upon the frequency in which they appear in Fawnae; this guide is prone to change. Any trait marked by an asterick might need elaboration via Google Doc guide.
        ----
        In-depth trait guide can be found here

Non Rarity
        Weight difference; missing limbs*; scars; accessories

Standard
        Heterochromia; sclera color; custom flora*; custom hair.

Common
        Custom fur; short horns; long tail; overgrown flora*; companion*.

Uncommon
        Medium-length tail; medium-length horns; single horn; custom ears; custom tongue; custom pupil; water-based flora*.

Rare
        No fur; no horns or 'overgrown' horns*; sharp teeth; doubled features; stone embedded into body; height mutations*; multiple horns; FFS*; short or no tail; third eye; one eye; halo*; goop*.

Legendary
        Gems embedded into body; multiple eyes (4+); Petrification; elemental properties [any element outside of earth; read doc for more info]; transparency; bodily glow; wings; paws; scales; marine/aquatic tail*; feathers; otherwise unspecified traits pulled from other species*; bodily eyes; bodily horns; multiple heads; multiple tails [any length]; exposed bone*; flora takeover*.

Last edited by Rotzalot on Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Rotzalot » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:37 am

CREATOR + CONTRIBUTERS

Owner + Creator
            ▸ Hi! I'm Rotzalot, owner and creator of Fawnae. I do all the [official] art
            for the species. Work keeps me busy, but I do my best to remain as hands-on
            as I possibly can! If you have any questions regarding Fawnae (in any capacity),
            feel free to shoot me a PM, or post here! I'll try and respond to you ASAP.

MODERATORS

vanilla bean.

♔Voltaire♔

shrimpdog

ARTISTS

Jochedo

yeena

Mimu
            Mimu is currently a Guest Artist; they have made 0/3 trial adopts.

Retired Staff wrote:hellevi was one of our first species moderators.
          ruptures was the species' first artist outside of the initial founder/creator.
    Last edited by Rotzalot on Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 am, edited 9 times in total.
    Rotzalot

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Gift Lines and Stamps

Postby Rotzalot » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 am

hahahahha even more flavor text!!!- - ------------------✿ -------------------- - -

'Alfawnzo Stamp' by Rotzalot
          Code: Select all
          [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1036408291166793872/1159163009806114867/fawnae_stamp.png?ex=651ee22d&is=651d90ad&hm=81335aca82d62df95f15f4b6ae92726b287650300439561213dac8b4a9051068&[/img][/url]

'Fawnae Adopts' stamps by joybare

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1145420986712342730/1156732843293151302/fawnadopts.png?ex=651e9ca8&is=651d4b28&hm=513158d02ee6949a7f5dd067a2625e62d8257d6c90781d33032a13e96c029da9&[/img][/url]

[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1145420986712342730/1156732843653865515/myfawns.png?ex=651e9ca8&is=651d4b28&hm=79be002d493bb3341ca5c27a62c6ee1dd4b4286f5d63002ae6345de4f722fab6&[/img]

'Fawnae' Stamps by Thani
          [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759898583297294346/1145086157823168703/fawnae1.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759898583297294346/1145086158070624350/fawnae2.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759898583297294346/1145086158318080002/fawnae3.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759898583297294346/1145086158536200215/fawnae4.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4892421][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759898583297294346/1145086158838181928/fawnae5.png[/img][/url]

hahahahha even more flavor text!!!- - ------------------✿ -------------------- - -
    Last edited by Rotzalot on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Rotzalot

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Current Event

Postby Rotzalot » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 am

None yet! Come back soon!
    Last edited by Rotzalot on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Rotzalot

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: Fawnae Adopts [wip]

Postby kaju » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:02 am

mark<3 so pretty!!
    previously acronymm — adult: she/they