Re: Stars V.2 • Camp Charcuterie • Campfire

Postby miraphoenix » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:23 pm

Username: miraphoenix
Sign-up Link: Here!
Talent: Storytelling/acting
Blurb\art:
    The night had finally arrived! Hacky-sack balanced on their head, Sunshore peered out through the curtains at the assembled cats. All of the counselors were seated on reclaimed couch cushions in the front row, while the rest of the campers who had finished their acts were sprawled out behind them, some of them chewing on the fish brought in fresh that morning.

"It seems like the whole camp is here!" they hissed to Zahrek, who looked down at them from high above.

[Well, of course,] they pointed out, the fake leaves flopping around their face and beak. [The counselors invited all of us to come perform or watch. If a cat's not out there, they're probably back here, getting ready for their talent.]

Sunshore swallowed and nodded, fluffing out their fur before signalling to the cats running the curtains that it was time for the show to begin. In the rafters of the building above, a cat nudged a piece of glass into position, the curtains opened, and Sunshore was bathed in light, the center of the audience.

From their vantage point on stage, they paraded about, telling Havenclan legends and Timelost anecdotes, stories of monsters both real and mythical, all mixed in with a helping of their wry humor. Through it all, Zahrek stood beside them as the great tree of Havenclan, or a menacing creature of ages past, or themself in rare stories. The assembled cats were captivated, with gasps of fear coming at Sunshore's recollections or Zahrek's ferocious acting, or peals of laughter at a particularly humorous anecdote; the story of Sunshore getting tangled upside down in vines brought a particularly rich wave of jubilant laughter.

Finally, after a time that seemed both a moment and an age, Sunshore swept their 'hat' off in a bow as the curtains closed, the cats on the other side hollering their approval. The lights finally off them, they looked up to Zahrek, grinning so hard that it hurt.

"Well, I see why old Trouttail loved to tell stories; that was fun...!" they breathed, tail twitching in excitement.

[I never knew Trouttail, but I bet he'd be proud of your work back there. Come on, let's get off the stage for the next act!]

Together, the pair snuck off backstage to rejoin the audience, eager for the next cat to take the stage!
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Username: dascanadiansparkle
    Sign-up Link: click
    Talent: fitting lots of fish in his mouth
    Blurb\art: His original talent was setting fires but based on what happened recently… maybe not

So he switched to seeing how many fish he could fit in his mouth at once. One… two… three… seven… are we gonna stop Firestrike he now has 10 fish in his mouth.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Username: fruitbat
Talent: Impersonations
Blurb\art: Chickpea took to the stage as soon as her name was called. She was following on from a steller singing performance- how was she meant to top that? Chickpea started to shake with worry; what is she wasn't good enough? Oh, I wish Django was here she thought to herself as she sighed lovingly. She was having so much fun at camp that she had little time to think about her one true love, Django. He was a tall, handsome cat with a personality as goofy as hers. Although Django made Chickpea feel safe and happy, just the thought of him was not enough to ease her nerves.
However, as soon as Chickpea took to the stage, she felt a wave of confidence roll over her. Where form you may ask, well, not even she knows. Maybe it was adrenaline, maybe it was the lights and the audience, maybe it was seeing Tahini's cute little bunny face that made her feel happy. Chickpea carried on her performance without a single worry- maybe a few studders here and there as well as a healthy dose of stumbles, but too little for anyone to notice. Chickpea even invited a few cats from the crowd onto the stage, asking them to give her a animal to mimic, or even better, have them make a sound and her perfectly recreating it.
The audience were simply stunned, and Chickpea felt relieved when she was able to exit the stage. Well, that went better than I thought... Chickpea said to herself with a smile on her face. Now she was intrigued to see who, or what, was going to follow.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:33 pm

Username: coffee.berry
Talent: Singing
Blurb\art:

"Wait, yesterday was only a practise day?!" Tiger yelled. "I rick rolled everyone for nothing?!"

"Yes, Tiger." Furzetuft laughed. "You'll have to come up with a new joke, or just sing."

"Fine, I'll sing.." Tiger smiled. She went to the Waiting Room and did some voice exercises. She drank lots of water, she went from low tones to high tones, and more. Then she saw a camper sitting in the corner by themself.

"Why are you not practising?" Tiger asked softly. "Aren't you going to show your talent today?"

"No.." the camper sighed. "I can't play the piano without someone singing."

"I can sing!" Tiger exclaimed. "Do you know how to play Symphony?"

"Yeah! Of course I do." the camper smiled. "Wait, you'll let me perform with you?"

"Of course." Tiger smiled. "Now, let's try it one time."

The camper played the piano beautifully, and when Tiger's name was called out, she and the camper got on stage.
"Ready?" Tiger asked. "Ready!" the camper grinned.

Tiger sung, the camper played, and everyone clapped.

But, the two had planned something completely unexpected at the end of the song.

The camper started playing Never Gonna Give You Up, and of course, Tiger joined in by singing.

Soon, they got the whole of Camp Charcuterie up and singing!
It was the best day ever!

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ toyhouse
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:11 pm

Username: Griff
Talent: Singing!
Blurb\art: Crowcall gathered his handmade megaphone, inhaled deeply, and walked onto the stage. "I want you to sing with me! I call this The Ballad of Crowcall The Awesome! It stars yours truely, the best fishercat and hunter in all of camp!" He purrs as he says this, clearly believing every single word he spoke. And then he started to sing. Loudly.

Oh so loudly.

He was terrible at it, but he put a lot of heart into his performance just the same. His energy was almost infectious, as he sang the catchy chorus that he had come up with. 'Fishies fishies fishies! Neener neener neener! Now everybody!" It was hard telling how long the song went on for... but at least he was having a good time and was out of trouble for the moment? Everyone's ears would just have to pay the price for it.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stormzien » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:56 am

Username: kiffell
Talent: drumming!
Blurb\art:
    koalatuft proudly picked up his can, taking the stage for his little performance. he placed the can down, open end first, into the dirt. he took the moment to nudge it a little with his nose, making it secure so it wouldn't tip over while he was performing. he looked around, feeling slightly nervous at all the eyes on him waiting for him to show off his special talent. he slowly took in a breath before placing a paw on the top of the can, tapping it. he started off slow, getting a feel for a nice beat before starting to pick up speed with his movements. it wasn't long before he was drumming some small little rhythm in a loop with a happy smile on his face. he looked away from his drumming paws to look at the crowd, happy to see they all seemed to enjoy the music. he took a paw off the can before motioning to everyone around the fire, telling them to start tapping along to the beat too! he continued along with his small rhythm, hearing the taps from his campmates as they started to drum on whatever they were sitting on or just the dirt of the ground, smiling as they added in some more background to the song. his time at camp charcuterie had only just started, yet he felt like he'd been here since the beginning.

hi feel free to call me storm, addy or luka (or kiff if u know me by that name)
they/them
pfp by momewo on artfight

- - - - - -
artfight
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer extremely active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH! im here for stars and thats it lol
stormzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goatmom » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:52 am

Username: Goatmom
Talent: Sound Effects
Blurb\art: 
After watching a few other campers preform their impressive talents it's Swallowflights turn.

He walked on stage carrying his tin can. He sits it at his paws then speaks.

"Hello everyone, I'm Swallowflight." He introduces himself." My talent is sound effects. I spent a lot of time with my clans Elders as an apprentice as we had to relocate to a new territory. I started doing sound effects to help entertain the kits when the elders told stories as we walked."

He then begins using the can and his voice to create a variety of sounds. Tapping his claws on the can made rain sounds. Clawing it while growling into in sounded like thunder.

He continued for wa while before ending his turn. Bowinghis head and picking up his can he walked off stage .
Goatmom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:39 am

Username: Deercan
Talent: balancing act
Blurb\art:
sundew performs a tire balancing act, even running on the tire and staying on top when it rolls around!
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:24 am

Username: Sha the Sheep
Sign-up Link: here!
Talent: Running
Blurb/Art:

Jack gets up onstage with a little bundle tied to a stick, gives the cats gathered before him an awkward wave of his paw. "Hello," he says. "Back home at the Clan of the Sea Breeze, we have a rank of cats known as messengers, because they... well, they deliver messages. They are supposed to be some of the fastest cats around on the island. And I'm one of them."

A pause. "Now, to demonstrate what really makes a messenger..."

He crouches down, readies himself - and then he's off like a shot, abandoning the stage and the campfire as he zooms away. He disappears from sight in record time. There's a minute or two of silence, waiting - before it becomes clear that yep, that was the whole thing, he is not intending to return to the stage.
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:37 am

Username: LittleMaple
Talent: carving! she specifically carves rocks and large bones
Blurb\art: (might add art of the stag, Eveningstar carving but idk)
Eveningstar felt her fur bristle with fear, and tried to smooth it down. She had been in the audience until this point and had already seen so many amazing talents, I mean, Sunshore's acting? It was spectacular! She sighed, how was see going to impress everyone with just carvings some pictures into rocks and bones? She shook her head as her turn came up, and with the help of a few campers, rolled some large rocks and deer bones onto the stage.

"Uh, hello everyone! My name is Eveningstar, and tonight, I'd like to show you a talent that I believe any cat can master," she said nervously, ears twitching. She started to clam once her claws hit the rock, and explained the process, "In my clan, we carve for many reasons. To show where we've been, to tell stories, to give respect, and even for fun!" She traced the outline of a stag to the best of her ability. "Carving is an ancient art in my clan, and we all know that it is very important to do to keep traditions alive and healthy!"

Her paw slipped while she was finishing up the horns and she cringed, "Well, we also use it to show kits and apprentices that mistakes happen, but we can always make them into something better!" she took the new runaway line and made it into a flower on the stag's horn. Her claws started to ache, but she persevered! "We also use carving to show that sometimes, when things get tough, we have to be strong and make it through!" Her claw broke and she let out a small yelp before quickly licking it and sighing.
"But sometimes, you have to know when enough is enough. Anyone want to help me out?" A few campers help her stand up the rock to where everyone could see the drawing on it. A majestic stag, with a lone flower stuck in his horns. It was just the head, but something about it felt very magical. Almost ethereal.

"Now, I also made you all a bone carvings, but since in my clan we use our teeth, I decided I wouldn't give a demonstration," she pulled over a large deer bone and showed it to the audience, inciting many ooo's and ahh's. "Now, I'm someone who loves to share, and thinks that firsthand is the best way to learn something new, soooo..." as the sentence trailed off, many campers appeared carrying small rocks in their jaws or in little bag on their sides. Eveningstar hopped down and started handing some out too, much to the delight of many of the apprentices.

"Your own canvas! Now go out there are make something amazing!"
    what are you made of?
    good people.

call me Maple/Scout! I love him <3
    artist, poet, goober (marcie was here 🕷️)

Aetherclan | HCR | TPO | DOGS | BC/FP

LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me