Rule Update, CS Linked Discord Servers

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rule Update, CS Linked Discord Servers

Postby Waytown » Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:13 am

Simon wrote:We wouldn't allow that as streaming from discord has the option for people to use audio/video and there isn't a good way to regulate it. We've removed the old thread that was used host streaming links to reflect this change as well and be more consistent.

Question about this clarification; what about Stages? Stages being basically anyone who joins can't use voice/video except for the stage host (roles can be set so regular users could not host in the stage channels, it can be set so that no one has permission to speak/use video, only screen share, ect.)

Would Stages be a case by case basis or just completely disallowed to avoid any potential mishaps?

After all of the wasted years, need to get a taste of your fear, need a little taste of your blood, then we can finally be one. You're everything that I ever wanted, just a single bite and I'm through! There's no need to beg or bargain, because all I need is you.
Sentinel Design Fail
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Links page under re-construction
Waytown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:09 pm

I feel like my only real concern with random CS discords and punishments being able to be executed due to behavior in discord, carrying to CS, is what if someone changes their discord name to a different CS users name to cause trouble? It's very easy to do, unless its guaranteed a permission is taken away and only moderators/admins can change profile names. (based on confirming the user is who they say they are with like a confirmation code being DM'd to the user to identity verify.)

Personally I'm not in any CS Discords, but I've been/am in enough of them to see enough ridiculous people do ridiculous things. It would just be a shame for someone to potentially take repercussions based on someone else's actions if a situation like this WERE to happen. (Sorry, brain thinks of possibilities A-Z.)

-Cellar
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:04 pm

Cellar x Elijah wrote:I feel like my only real concern with random CS discords and punishments being able to be executed due to behavior in discord, carrying to CS, is what if someone changes their discord name to a different CS users name to cause trouble? It's very easy to do, unless its guaranteed a permission is taken away and only moderators/admins can change profile names. (based on confirming the user is who they say they are with like a confirmation code being DM'd to the user to identity verify.)

Personally I'm not in any CS Discords, but I've been/am in enough of them to see enough ridiculous people do ridiculous things. It would just be a shame for someone to potentially take repercussions based on someone else's actions if a situation like this WERE to happen. (Sorry, brain thinks of possibilities A-Z.)

-Cellar

Please note this rule isn't anything new, it has only been added here to clarify that harassment/bullying actions taken offsite such as on a linked discord server may lead to repercussions taken on CS.
We've been dealing with harassment/bullying reports of offsite behaviour since January 2021 when our offsite harassment/bullying rules came into effect. We have not run into any issues such as what you've described, as we need proof of the users actions offsite and that the discord account belongs to the user on CS. We only take action if there is no doubt that the user on CS was indeed the one reported to us on discord (or other websites).

.......Image

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan cat » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:58 am

Simon wrote:Nitro profiles that are hidden from the server do not need to be moderated.

does this mean that if you have a server profile for the cs discords, that you won't be penalised for having content that may break whatever rules in your user profile that's being hidden by the server profile ? or that any other server profiles you have in other separate discord servers aren't to be moderated by cs discords

"nitro profiles" is a confusing term since it isn't a legitimate naming convention used by discord other that possibly for people who just have nitro, there are server profiles and user profiles
HALO / ABT ME
she adult stem student bst
i like pillars and cats (ꈍᴗꈍ)b
click my blue bug pls !
cyan cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:59 am

cyan cat wrote:
Simon wrote:Nitro profiles that are hidden from the server do not need to be moderated.

does this mean that if you have a server profile for the cs discords, that you won't be penalised for having content that may break whatever rules in your user profile that's being hidden by the server profile ? or that any other server profiles you have in other separate discord servers aren't to be moderated by cs discords

"nitro profiles" is a confusing term since it isn't a legitimate naming convention used by discord other that possibly for people who just have nitro, there are server profiles and user profiles

From Discord website (https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/ar ... r-Profiles):
“ Server profiles are a new customization feature for Nitro users! With server profiles, users can set a different server-specific avatar, banner, and about me section for each of the servers they're in.”

If you have Nitro, then you have the ability to set a server-specific profile. That server-specific profile should be moderated if you’re in a discord linked from CS. This would hide your user profile, which would only be viewable if a user went to direct message you on Discord outside of the server. Moderating both a server profile and a user profile is an unrealistic expectation for Discord moderators; This is why we are accepting the risk of just moderating server-facing profiles.

If you do not have Nitro, then your server profile and user profile are the same. This means that technically both would be moderated as they are a reflection of each other. Ex. You change your user profile, so your server profile also changes.

To answer your specific questions:

Does this mean that if you have a server profile for the cs discords, that you won't be penalised for having content that may break whatever rules in your user profile that's being hidden by the server profile ?
- You won’t be penalized for having CS rule-breaking content in your user profile if it is being hidden by a server profile.

Or that any other server profiles you have in other separate discord servers aren't to be moderated by cs discords
- Server profiles in separate Discord servers shouldn’t be moderated unless the other servers are also CS-linked servers. If you have a server profile for CS-linked Discord A, it should be moderated by staff in Discord A. If you have a server profile in CS-linked Discord B, it should be moderated by staff in Discord B, not Discord A moderators (unless on the odd chance they’re moderators in both servers). If you have a server profile in Discord C that isn’t linked on CS, then neither Discord A or Discord B moderators should moderate it.

Hope that helps a bit!
Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

winx
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan cat » Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:26 am

thank you ! that definitely helps clear things up ^ . ^ really glad to see these changes
HALO / ABT ME
she adult stem student bst
i like pillars and cats (ꈍᴗꈍ)b
click my blue bug pls !
cyan cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:17 am

Waytown wrote:
Simon wrote:We wouldn't allow that as streaming from discord has the option for people to use audio/video and there isn't a good way to regulate it. We've removed the old thread that was used host streaming links to reflect this change as well and be more consistent.

Question about this clarification; what about Stages? Stages being basically anyone who joins can't use voice/video except for the stage host (roles can be set so regular users could not host in the stage channels, it can be set so that no one has permission to speak/use video, only screen share, ect.)

Would Stages be a case by case basis or just completely disallowed to avoid any potential mishaps?

We would consider stages the same, because theres's still potential for the host to accidentally use audio/video.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me