Books to movies/shows

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Books to movies/shows

Postby SkyBandit » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:39 am

If you have to pick any book to become a movie or tv series that hasn’t been turned into one yet, which would ya choose?

Personally I would do all jack reacher books, I would absolutely love a tv series Amazon did for one of the books! I want more of them! I have collected almost all of the books and read them! They are one of my favorite series of all time :)

Bonus question: which book to movie series is your favorite currently?

Mine would have to be the chronicles of Narnia. I absolutely love the first movie!

╔═════════════════════════╗

Hiyah! A little about me is I love to
draw! I am a Physical therapy
college student. I am working to help
people. I also have an unhealthy
obsession with bees. I love Bee
Keeping and giving out my bee
facts. Feel free to message me
about bee facts. Bees Bees Bees

╚═════════════════════════╝

SkyBandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Books to movies/shows

Postby Wild Mothman » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:10 am

Adaptations are a tricky thing with me as I'm very picky about seeing my favourites adapted as I've been burned badly by a few of them (LOOKING AT YOU DREAMWORKS - For what you did to how to train your dragon and dr seuss' works) as well as everything that happened with the hobbit.

My favourite adaptation is of Good Omens.
While the tech is updated, the story and the humor for the most part has been kept in tact, which was incredibly important to the surviving author of the duo that wrote it.

as for things I'd love to see adapted
I'd love to see Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell adapted, as I think it could make for a very sweet sort of 10 episode series, or a nice movie.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pucketup » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:15 am

The Eon/Eona series!!
It's about a girl living in a world of dragons, every year someone bonds to the dragon of that year (if it picks them) and becomes their "eyes". Women aren't allowed to go through with this though.
The entire premise is that the girl, Eona, goes undercover as a boy to compete for a chance to become a dragon's eyes.
It's an overall great read, the right amount of drama, action, and political conversations. Just an amazing book, not to mention the representation amongst the characters is so diverse while also being believable.

There's a transwomen who is part of a foreign delegation court, the main character herself is disabled, and it pulls from a lot of different cultures to make a beautiful melting pot!

I could literally gush about this serious forever!!!
Image Imageb
Pucketup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Livyb5656 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:39 am

Wild Mothman wrote:Adaptations are a tricky thing with me as I'm very picky about seeing my favourites adapted as I've been burned badly by a few of them (LOOKING AT YOU DREAMWORKS - For what you did to how to train your dragon and dr seuss' works) as well as everything that happened with the hobbit.

My favourite adaptation is of Good Omens.
While the tech is updated, the story and the humor for the most part has been kept in tact, which was incredibly important to the surviving author of the duo that wrote it.

as for things I'd love to see adapted
I'd love to see Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell adapted, as I think it could make for a very sweet sort of 10 episode series, or a nice movie.

I agree with this!! Good Omens had such a good adaption.
Livyb5656

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queen in the north. » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:02 pm

I'd honestly have to say ASOIAF to GOT is one of my favourite adaptations, yes they did screw some things up big time but the casting was phenomenal and I enjoyed the show so, so much.

I would absolutely die to see The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo adapted, unfortunately Netflix is making it into a movie.. I'm def team miniseries but.. a good cast can honestly make or break it.

I would also like to see Uprooted adapted! That book has such a lovely setting and I think it would make for a great movie. I have a feeling it wouldn't feel as crammed on the screen as it did in the book.
hello! my name's alice but you can call me
whatever you want, as long as it's kind <3
i go by she/her and i'm an engphys major
who's obsessed with astronomy. if we
share any interests lets be friends!

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬x▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬x ▬▬▬ ▬

❝ ❝
Never forget what you are. the rest of the world will not.
wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❞ ❞
laufey, grentperez, mt. joy, chappell roan, doja cat,
coldplay, chase atlantic, falling in reverse, kiss of life
queen in the north.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me