facing the past - discussion

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Re: facing the past - discussion

Postby wolf.skull » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:16 pm

okay yeah that's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. She's accepted and I added her to the front so feel free to jump in
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby assiel » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 am

PHEW i wrote a lot for that one. i apologize LOL hopefully my other responses aren't nearly as long winded
assiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf.skull » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:20 am

that's okay lol I've been trying to write longer posts
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

zhongli.

Postby tooru. » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:22 am

name; zhongli (钟离) / gender; male / age; mentally 6000, physically 28 / race; ex-archon / sexuality; bi / cabin; #2, bottom bunk. / alias(es); morax, the exuvia / fandom; Genshin Impact
note: this specific bio is canon-divergence, so it isn't fully canon and has some of my own inputs to suit the RP conditions.

likes : spending money (unfortunately), rare gems, exquisite ceramics, osmanthus wine, and in general, tea.
dislikes : seafood. it reminds him of a traumatic incident during the days when he still wielded the power of an archon, but he will eat seafood only if it has been turned completely unrecognizable from its usual state.

personality : Zhongli is a calm, reserved, and polite man who knows much about his nation's history and culture in part due to his time as their archon. he is humble despite his wealth of information, and can sometimes be somewhat insecure about it. he holds an air of melancholy around him, often reminiscing about the past and before, and he can get extremely nostalgic at times. he takes contracts (ie. promises) extremely seriously and will not hesitate to punish or be punished if one fails to keep their end of the deal. 
back story : it's a bit long, but i'll try to summarize it. basically, he was a merciless god that slaughtered countless other gods during a heated war to fulfill a said contract. after the war and after having rule a nation for decades, he chose to give up his power in order to test his nation to see if it was ready to proceed into a new age without his presence (because the people were very dependent on him all the time). his plan to depart his nation succeeded far better than he had expected it to, and now he roams the streets not as their god, but as a regular human, spending his days as a mortal being. 
also, I feel like I'm talking too much about this. sorry!

abilities :
zhongli wields the power of Geo, hence he wields the power of rock, stone, and earth. he is able to manipulate the earth to his will, similar to telekinesis. he can create strong shields and summon steles that can aid in sealing a lifeform and aid in battle as obstructions. the steles he can erect are imbued with an energy that can be strong enough to injure, but this energy can be controlled and suppressed at his will.
his shields last until it is broken, or until he commands it so. it can be spread out to cover more than one person in the form of a ring and can be used to physically push or force someone back. he can control the size and flexibility of it as well. his main form of offense would come off more as a defense, as whenever he raises his shield, he produces an energy wave that knocks back and gathers Geo that helps to supply the shield's strength. and his strongest skill (which takes an immense toll on his physical body) brings a falling meteor down to earth, dealing massive damage and petrifying anyone caught within its range. this petrification wears off when the affected break free (if they are strong enough to), or when the timer of one minute runs out. this is his last go-to ability since it can exhaust him entirely, especially during long fights.
zhongli has this last skill that he seldom ever uses at all. this skill morphs him into a half-human, half-dragon being. his abilities are amplified and he becomes more dangerous to fight, but this comes at the cost of his sanity. he calls this loss of sanity 'erosion', and he loses his memories and his humanity the longer he stays as a half-being. he never uses this skill unless the situation turns absolutely dire. this skill had only been used in the past when he was still a god, when he still fought in the war, and even then it was only used when he felt that his own power wasn't enough.
NOTE : All of his abilities come at a cost of his energy, and rarely can he use all of it at once. reminder that even though he is still considered a god, he is no longer as equally strong as one.
Weapon : He wields a spear (of which he is extremely adept with) that can be materialized and dematerialized at will. Image is here.

hopefully this is comprehensive enough... apologies for the extremely long biography!
i haven't participated in a roleplay event for a year now. apologies once more if I'm rusty !
Last edited by tooru. on Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tooru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf.skull » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:10 am

he's accepted lol it's fine, this is my first rp in a long time as well so I understand

let me know if you need a recap!
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tooru. » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:46 am

ah, that's good to hear! and it's alright, I've been reading the plot so far, and I'm excited to start. I'll find a suitable time to slot Zhongli in so for now, I'll just watch the thread ^^
tooru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf.skull » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:55 am

alrighty sounds good :)
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby assiel » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:32 pm

AHHH i apologize for not responding for a little while i was dealing with. life LOL
i'll get up a response in a little bit! :D

edit: okay i ended up not writing a lot but i have some ideas for where jade is going to go next... i didn't want to fit it all into one post though because i was worried about writing wayyy too much
assiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf.skull » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:05 pm

oh that's okay! I also have some ideas as well, I'll figure it out lol don't worry about writing lots, it's always appreciated

if anyone else has any ideas I'm open to hearing them too!
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

facing the past - the fourth seal

Postby Kveykva » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 am

Resulting from his heritage, Nicholas is incredibly talented
    with necromancy. He's able to raise and maintain the
    undead in this realm with very little effort. Of course,
    raising the dead isn't the only thing he can do with ghosts;
    Nicholas can commune with spirits, manipulate their
    tangibility and what all they're able to sense, as well as
    tame particularly dangerous poltergeists. This affinity with
    the dead also gives him a similar affinity to life, so Nick is
    able to sense the living or dead status of another and
    determine some states about another's life from an object
    that was important to them. He's also capable of
    shadowmancy to a lesser degree, which is essentially
    limited to darkening a room or moving from one shadow to
    another, as though it were a doorway. He has wings made
    from a material with a similar make as obsidian, and while
    he doesn't use them for flight, they're very sharp and
    resilient enough to block attacks. Bloodline abilities aside,
    Nicholas is a skilled swordsman, with the rapier being his
    preferred weapon. His style with the weapon is heavily
    influenced by fencing, involving swift strikes and jabs. He
    also is rather musically inclined, having both a decent
    ability to sing and play a few different instruments. Both
    of these skills stem from his nobility as a child.

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃
    ❖ nicholas storm ❖ fifty-six; appears mid-thirties
    ❖ male ❖ horseman of death ❖ oc ❖ cabin 2 bottom bunk

Nicholas stands taller than most at 6'2 and has a
    thin, waifish build, but strikingly attractive
    features. He comes off looking rather harmless,
    but his divine aura is another thing entirely. It
    boasts presence and power when in effect,
    demanding all attention. People feel this aura
    most strongly when looking into his eyes, which
    are a deep shade of lavender. He also carries a pair
    of large, bladed wings reminiscent of volcanic glass.
    They are sturdy enough to block attacks and sharp
    enough to serve as weapons on their own, but he is
    incapable of flight. Nicholas has thin black hair,
    which is cut just above shoulder length, pale skin,
    and teeth like a military cemetery.
    Nicholas has rather refined tastes when it comes to
    his clothing choices. He prefers suits, slacks, and
    ties on occasion. His outfits always match, though
    they usually have a muted color palette.

i. confident and lively; knack for showmanship
    ii. enjoys the little things and doesn't plan ahead
    iii. outgoing, persuasive, and charismatic, especially
    with larger groups iv. impulsive, sometimes his
    mouth runs faster than his thoughts v. can be calm
    and collected when it's demanded; thrives in the
    leadership position vi. natural diplomat vii. fluent
    in eight languages

walking cane - a sturdy but stylish walking cane;
    has a handle made of bone, a collar of silver, and
    the shaft is crafted of ebony. although not
    dangerous on its own, the cane serves as a sheath
    for a Stygian Iron rapier. the knob handle serves as
    the sword's pommel when unsheathed and the collar
    reshapes to form a handguard.
    birthright - an amulet consisting of a brilliantly
    polished blue gemstone and a silver chain; the
    gemstone is framed in silver and engraved with
    a gold avian crest. it never leaves his person.
    signet ring - represents his position as a
    horseman; a wide, rounded ring made of cold
    iron with the Inner Eye symbol stamped into it.
    Xaliphax - the pale horse. takes the form of an
    off-white, ivory-colored Arabian stallion with black
    sockets instead of eyes, and its presence makes
    people and animals alike anxious. it can also take
    a more modern form of a '67 Ford Mustang Fastback
    of the same color. is a fickle creature who enjoys
    being treated like royalty and often is uncooperative
    with his master for fun. in the end, however, his
    loyalty is to Nicholas. horse | car

themes
    As the horseman: Jeff Tuohy - Bourbon Street
    As himself: Poor Man's Poison - Wayfaring Stranger

▸ History
Curiously, Nicholas began his life as a demigod, child of the virgin God of Death, and a mortal named Angel. From what he understands, his mother was thrilled at his birth, but she came to blame him for the departure of his father. As a result, he grew up under the care of nannies who were terrified of him and his budding necromancy, only finding solace in the time he spent with his father. Thanatos made what time he could to take a part in Nick's life, and as a result, the two have a fairly close relationship. While Nicholas is thankful for the time they spent together and accredits his skills to what his father taught him, he would never fully understand why until later in his life. When he was about 16, Nicholas ran away from home and his mother. He grew tired of being groomed for a role he didn't feel like he belonged in and hated the way everyone treated him. They did what he said, but they did it out of fear. He decided to try life out on his own, and it was a lot more difficult than he accounted for. He spent his early adulthood wandering from place to place, never really settling down. He did his best to get by, and aside from near-constant spectral companions, his life was relatively ordinary. Eventually, Nicholas' wanderings brought him full circle back to his mother, who seemed to be a drastically different person. Gone was the reigning queen he knew from his childhood, who groomed him to be her heir. She'd found happiness with someone else and had a second child. Nicholas tried to be happy for them, but their relationship never really healed and he couldn't completely hide the bitter resentment he felt towards Angel. When he was in his mid-thirties, Nick took a fatal blow meant for someone else and died, meeting his father in less than ideal circumstances. Reluctantly, Death informed him of the destiny he'd been dealt; He was to become the fourth horseman of Armegeddon, taking the role originally meant for Thanatos. There wasn't a choice to become a god; the divinity was forced into him, and originally Nicholas was just a vessel. The ordeal left him in pieces, and he was mute for many years afterward. He regained his voice when he began to accept his destiny, and the spirit of destruction merged with his own, making them one and the same. Although Nicholas has accepted the title and the spirit of death living within him, he still shuns the role and is, unprepared to handle the apocalypse should it come to pass. Put frankly, he wishes the position did not belong to him.

tldr: demigod turned god after living a less than fulfilling life, but his new purpose is arguably worse
Last edited by Kveykva on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me