Gear Deer Staff Apps Thread -- OPEN

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Gear Deer Staff Apps Thread -- OPEN

Postby Savor » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Click the button above to go back to our main thread.

Apply to be part of Gear Deer staff here by filling out the form listed under the position you want to apply for. I am looking for people who are already part of the GD community and discord or are willing to join now, 16+, and English-speaking. Gear Deer positions generally require daily upkeep. After being part of the team for more than a month and successfully contributing in more than one way, new members other than guest artists may earn a custom to be displayed as part of the staff on the main thread. Staff gain access to the Staff channels on the GD Discord and are paid in CS pets or gears. Current staff members may take on more than one position on a case by case basis.

POSITIONS CURRENTLY OPEN

Artist
Tasks:
Breedings
Customs
Weekly Litters
Merging Rewards
Plaza Pals

This is the position to apply for if you want to contribute to Gear Deer in a big way! You must have prior experience with digital art and design. You must be able to use .psd files, as that is what I will be sending you. The GD staff communicates mostly through our Discord so you must be active there. You will be tasked with completing jobs off of a to-do list, as well as making weekly litters, gathering babies, and plaza pals, with freedom to pick how you want to contribute. You will be expected to contribute in one of these ways at least three times a month. I will be sending successful applicants a guide document containing instructions and the Gear Deer lines. These resources are not to be shared or posted anywhere, and my signature must remain on the lines at all times. You will always be credited for your work.
Positions open: 2
Code: Select all
[b]Artist Application[/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]How active are you on CS?[/b]
[b]How much free time do you have?[/b]
[b]What image editing programs do you use?[/b]
[b]Are you in the Discord?[/b]
[b]Example Designs:[/b]

General Helper
Tasks:
Organization
Archive Help
General Tasks

This is the position to apply for if you want to contribute to Gear Deer but do not have the means to make art. You must be detail oriented, organized, and willing to help with whatever task comes your way. The GD staff communicates mostly through our Discord so you must be active there. You will be tasked with overflow work and any general organization that needs to be done. The tasks listed above are not necessarily what will come your way and you must be ready for that. If you are selected, you will be sent a document guiding you through general staff resources that you will need to be familiar with.
Positions open: 1
[b]General Helper Application[/b]
[b]Are you in the Discord?[/b]

Storage

[size=150]Guest Artist
Tasks:
Weekly Litters
Plaza Pals

This is the position to apply for if you want to get a taste of what the artist position will look like before committing to the time required, or if you don't believe you will be able to meet the requirements for the Artist position. You must have prior experience with digital art and design. You must be able to use .psd files, as that is what I will be sending you. The GD staff communicates mostly through our Discord so you must be active there. Your job will be to create litters of four to six common deer or companions, and cannot be of any copyrighted material, e.g. Pokemon. You will be tasked with producing at least one litter a month. You will always be credited for your work. I will be sending successful applicants a guide document containing instructions and the Gear Deer lines. These resources are not to be shared or posted anywhere, and my signature must remain on the lines at all times.
Positions open: 1
[b]Guest Artist Application[/b]
[b]What image editing programs do you use?[/b]
[b]Will you be able to join the Discord?[/b]
[b]Example Designs:[/b]

Dress-Up Artist
Tasks:
Dress-ups
Pairings
Morphs

Dress-up artists will be in charge of handling Gear Deer edits. This includes dress-ups, companion pairing images, morph spells, and any other image editing needs. You will need some experience editing photos and must be able to use .psd files, as that is what you will be working with. I will be sending successful applicants a doc guiding you through a series of sample tasks. You must be active daily on CS and Discord to keep up with what needs to be done.
[b]Dress-up Artist Application[/b]
[b]Username: [/b]
[b]How active are you on CS? [/b]
[b]How much free time do you have? [/b]
[b]What image editing programs do you use? [/b]
[b]What kind of experience do you have editing images? [/b]

Record Keeper
Tasks:
Sheet editing

On this sheet is a record of every deer, their name, traits, and dressups. There is one for deer and one for companions. These lists take a lot of time to keep up-to-date. Our website draws info from this sheet to determine breedings, which makes it very important. Every time the archive is updated, new deer/companions must be added. Dressups, morphs, and friends are also listed there. Name-changes must also be recorded. You must have a good knowledge of the existing traits and what determines a trait's rarity, or the ability to learn quickly. You must be available daily on both CS and Discord to look out for and make the changes to keep these records up-to-date.
[b]Record Keeper Application[/b]
[b]How active are you on CS? [/b]
[b]How much free time do you have? [/b]
[b]How detail oriented are you?[/b]

Coder
Let's spice up the Gear Deer threads visually! You'll be sending me code to implement into the Gear Deer posts on all related threads. I should be able to copy/paste the code into its intended place without too much editing or issues. Example code can be a suggestion for Gear Deer in code format with an explanation, or a link to a CS post that you coded. I will be applying any code written specifically for Gear Deer in order to test the implementation grade of your code.
[b]Coding Application[/b]
[b]Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer?[/b]
[b]What Would you Improve First if you were Selected?[/b]
[b]Why Should I Pick You?[/b]
[b]Example Code:[/b]

Proofreader
Proofread for spelling, grammar, readability, and clarity, as well as point out if I have missed adding something into the archive. You will be looking to improve our threads by replacing any of our current text with concise and clear wording where needed. In addition, you will be looking for formatting consistency; for example, each archive post should be formatted the same way, down to the spacing. You must have a good eye for detail and be familiar with the format of all Gear Deer threads. Your example should be pointing out a better way to word something in any of the Gear Deer threads, a formatting inconsistency, or anything else related to both Gear Deer and the position which you believe could be improved. I retain the right to apply these changes even if you are not selected.
[b]Proofreading Application[/b]
[b]Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer?[/b]
[b]What Would you Improve First if you were Selected?[/b]
[b]How are you Qualified for this Position?[/b]
[b]Example Correction:[/b]

Games Master
Run, moderate, and post results for games over on the Games Thread. I will be sharing my ideas for games with you so we can flesh them out together. I'm hoping to have games running constantly. This position is basically a moderator for the Games Thread with added creativity.
[b]Games Master Application[/b]
[b]Suggest a Game:[/b]

Discord Moderator
Moderate and manage the GD Discord Channel. Spice up the channels, assign roles, welcome new users, write rules, handle rule breaking, and most importantly, chat. Suggested familiarity with Discord. Of course, if you are selected you should be willing to send a me a PM with your discord ID.
[b]Discord Moderator Application[/b]
[b]How Much Will You Be Chatting in the Discord?[/b]
[/size]
Last edited by Savor on Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:56 am, edited 72 times in total.
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gear Deer Staff Apps Thread

Postby alpenglow » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:25 am

Proofreader Application

Username: alpenglow

How active are you on CS? i'm usually active for about 4-6 hours every day. as the school year progresses there may be days when i am less active due to homework.

Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer? yes! i love Gear Deer in its entirety, and i'm always looking for new things to work on. i'd be happy to dedicate however much time you needed from me.

What Would you Suggest to be Improved First if you were Selected? i would first suggest to change some of the wording on the main page to be more clear & sound more inviting. since the main page is what someone first sees when they click on the thread, it's important that the writing is clear and informational, all while being quick and concise (see Example Correction).

How are you Qualified for this Position? i feel i am qualified because i've taken high level english classes throughout my life, and i am very familiar with grammar and word use. my friends and classmates always come to me if they need someone to proofread their paper, or help them write a structured paragraph. i also ran my own user-made adoptable species in the past, so i understand the importance of having clear and concise wording, along with proper grammar.

Why Should I Pick You? i feel i should be picked because i'm serious when i need to be, but very fun-loving and optimistic. i am a good communicater, and i'll be quick to notify you about any issues that arise, or about suggestions that i have. i love Gear Deer and the amount of potential it has, and i'm willing to invest as much time as i need into it in order to help GD grow and expand. i love being able to help others, and i would be so grateful for the opportunity to help you out.

Example Correction: the text on the main page currently says:
savor_the_moment wrote:Welcome to Gear Deer!
Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for their magical properties. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. They use Image Gears as their currency. Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!

i would suggest changing it around to something like this:

Welcome to Gear Deer!
Gear Deer are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they possess. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. [insert something here along the lines of: "Gear Deer are very friendly towards people, and enjoy living harmoniously with them." you should of course change the sentence around a bit to whatever you think applies to a GD. the important thing is for people to get a sense of a Gear Deer's personality.] These creatures use Image Gears as their currency.

i edited the end first sentence for clarity. the second sentence is great, and helps develop a sense of environment, so i didn't think any changes were needed. i suggest adding in a third sentence that tells a bit about a GD's personality, along with their connection to humans. i slightly edited the statement about Gears, changing "They" to "These creatures". this adds word variety & a bit of clarity. as for the last sentence, ("Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!") it would really be up to you whether you wanted to keep it or not. it doesn't take anything away from the paragraph, but it doesn't add any information either.

-----

thank you so, so much for this lovely opportunity! i wish you luck on finding the perfect person to fill all of your staff spots <3

╔═══════════╗

alp | she/her
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
400 lux - lorde
th © trades

╚═══════════╝

alpenglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Mascaraed » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Proofreading Application

Username: Lady Mascaraed

How active are you on CS? I’m in every day for 2+ hours per day

Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer? of course! I am an owner of a species and moderator for a few.

What Would you Suggest to be Improved First if you were Selected? I would suggest making the “welcoming” message to something like this; “Welcome to Gear deers! Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they posess. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. These creatures use Gears as their currency. We welcome you to adopt a Gear Deer today !”
Or something along those lines as the main page of any adopts is the first thing that potential adopters will see. (I can make a list of what needs be improved if accepted for this position)

How are you Qualified for this Position? I am a writer for 12+ years. I absolutely love writing and my writing skills are pretty advanced, I spend most of my time writing and it’s my main hobby. I can help with grammar, correct punctuations, ect. and will always be willing to help put words together so that each users can understand them.

Why Should I Pick You? I believe I would make a perfect fit for this position as I’m an advanced writer and working to become an author.

Example Correction:

Savior_the_moment wrote:
Welcome to Gear deers adopts! Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they posess, the world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. These creatures use Gears as their currency. Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!

Lady Mascaraed wrote:
Welcome to Gear deers adopts! Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they possess. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. These creatures use Gears as their currency. Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!

xxxxxxxxxx
Music
xxxxxxxxxx

↳ the voice of the soul !!
────
ImageImageImageImage Image

Trade- Lights off - Cred
Emo/Scene - Adult - Single
Text - Text - Text
Lady Mascaraed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:02 pm

alpenglow wrote:
Proofreader Application

Username: alpenglow

How active are you on CS? i'm usually active for about 4-6 hours every day. as the school year progresses there may be days when i am less active due to homework.

Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer? yes! i love Gear Deer in its entirety, and i'm always looking for new things to work on. i'd be happy to dedicate however much time you needed from me.

What Would you Suggest to be Improved First if you were Selected? i would first suggest to change some of the wording on the main page to be more clear & sound more inviting. since the main page is what someone first sees when they click on the thread, it's important that the writing is clear and informational, all while being quick and concise (see Example Correction).

How are you Qualified for this Position? i feel i am qualified because i've taken high level english classes throughout my life, and i am very familiar with grammar and word use. my friends and classmates always come to me if they need someone to proofread their paper, or help them write a structured paragraph. i also ran my own user-made adoptable species in the past, so i understand the importance of having clear and concise wording, along with proper grammar.

Why Should I Pick You? i feel i should be picked because i'm serious when i need to be, but very fun-loving and optimistic. i am a good communicater, and i'll be quick to notify you about any issues that arise, or about suggestions that i have. i love Gear Deer and the amount of potential it has, and i'm willing to invest as much time as i need into it in order to help GD grow and expand. i love being able to help others, and i would be so grateful for the opportunity to help you out.

Example Correction: the text on the main page currently says:
savor_the_moment wrote:Welcome to Gear Deer!
Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for their magical properties. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. They use Image Gears as their currency. Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!

i would suggest changing it around to something like this:

Welcome to Gear Deer!
Gear Deer are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they possess. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. [insert something here along the lines of: "Gear Deer are very friendly towards people, and enjoy living harmoniously with them." you should of course change the sentence around a bit to whatever you think applies to a GD. the important thing is for people to get a sense of a Gear Deer's personality.] These creatures use Image Gears as their currency.

i edited the end first sentence for clarity. the second sentence is great, and helps develop a sense of environment, so i didn't think any changes were needed. i suggest adding in a third sentence that tells a bit about a GD's personality, along with their connection to humans. i slightly edited the statement about Gears, changing "They" to "These creatures". this adds word variety & a bit of clarity. as for the last sentence, ("Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!") it would really be up to you whether you wanted to keep it or not. it doesn't take anything away from the paragraph, but it doesn't add any information either.

-----

thank you so, so much for this lovely opportunity! i wish you luck on finding the perfect person to fill all of your staff spots <3

Accepted <3
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Lady Mascaraed wrote:Proofreading Application

Username: Lady Mascaraed

How active are you on CS? I’m in every day for 2+ hours per day

Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer? of course! I am an owner of a species and moderator for a few.

What Would you Suggest to be Improved First if you were Selected? I would suggest making the “welcoming” message to something like this; “Welcome to Gear deers! Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they posess. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. These creatures use Gears as their currency. We welcome you to adopt a Gear Deer today !”
Or something along those lines as the main page of any adopts is the first thing that potential adopters will see. (I can make a list of what needs be improved if accepted for this position)

How are you Qualified for this Position? I am a writer for 12+ years. I absolutely love writing and my writing skills are pretty advanced, I spend most of my time writing and it’s my main hobby. I can help with grammar, correct punctuations, ect. and will always be willing to help put words together so that each users can understand them.

Why Should I Pick You? I believe I would make a perfect fit for this position as I’m an advanced writer and working to become an author.

Example Correction:

Savior_the_moment wrote:
Welcome to Gear deers adopts! Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they posess, the world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. These creatures use Gears as their currency. Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!

Lady Mascaraed wrote:
Welcome to Gear deers adopts! Gear Dear are automatous cervine who keep companions for the magical properties they possess. The world they live in is a fantastical steampunk wilderness. These creatures use Gears as their currency. Adopt a Gear Deer today to get started!

Thank you much for the application, if we ever need a second proofreader I'll contact you! <3
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savor » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:30 am

Guest Artist applications are open
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Mascaraed » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Coding Application
Username: Steampunk_
How active are you on CS? I’m on 7 days a week for 2-3+ hours per day. The hours my vary each day.
Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer? Yes. I can dedicate a lot/unspecified amount of time for Gear Deers adopts!
What Would you Improve First if you were Selected? I would first improve the first post (welcoming post) so that it is neater and draws in more potential adopters! I would also modify the staff post that way the Gear Deers don’t take up so much space as well as organize the staff groups. I may just crop the Gear Deer head or make them smaller.
Why Should I Pick You? I enjoy being part of Gear Deer community and it’s such a wonderful species idea and very unique! I love coding when I have the time and I’ve been improving my coding skills over the course of 2 years.
Example Code:
Low-standard coding: example 1, example 2
Semi-standard coding: example 1, example 2
High-standard coding: example 1

xxxxxxxxxx
Music
xxxxxxxxxx

↳ the voice of the soul !!
────
ImageImageImageImage Image

Trade- Lights off - Cred
Emo/Scene - Adult - Single
Text - Text - Text
Lady Mascaraed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyWolf2002 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:16 am

Guest Artist Application
Username:ButterflyWolf2002
How active are you on CS?About an hour or two each day.
Are you able to dedicate an unspecified amount of your time to Gear Deer? I always make time for art! I run Pocket Foxes and it's going great.
Why Should I Pick You?Gear Deer has inspired in so many ways and it would be a huge honor to create a litter.
Example Pixel Art:You've seen it on PF.
Thanks for the opportunity! <3
ButterflyWolf2002

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savor » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:22 am

Several positions have opened up!
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savor » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Applications for Games Master, Genealogist, and Discord Moderator have opened up.
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me