Deerssert #464 Orange Bloom (Winner and RU on pg 2) by Tyuuu

Based on Click to view
Artist Tyuuu [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Deerssert #464 Orange Bloom (Winner and RU on pg 2)

Postby Tyuuu » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:56 am

WHAT IS A DEERSSERT?
Deerssert are a mystical, mythological species that appear in history every so often. Sightings grew sparser and sparser through the years, but now they've started to appear more and more. Here at the HQ, a centre dedicated to keeping these creatures from being hunted, we cannot foster them all-- and that's where you come in!

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

Size-wise, they're about the size of a border collie, but have been known to grow to the size of a horse in rare cirucmstances. [In even rarer circumstances, they have gotten bigger. This is the largest deerssert known.] Likewise, they are born as small as a full-grown rabbit, and some never progress past this size.

Orange Bloom

To win this deerssert, complete the form below!

Code: Select all
Username:
Deerssert's name:
Deerssert's gender:
An image/gif of something beautiful and orange:
Extras:

Due 8/30
Feel free to pretty up the form! I encourage it!
Last edited by Tyuuu on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tyuuu | She/Her

Tyuuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #464 Orange Bloom

Postby Wolfypoof » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Username: Makoto Naegi Deerssert's name: Cassidy Deerssert's gender: Female
Extras: Cassidy is a kind deerssert with a love for gardening. She has a small garden but it was filled with a colourful array of flowers. Most times during the day, you can find her in her garden, tending to her plants. Sometimes she picks them and places in a vase inside her house. She finds it sad though that they die quick.

With other people, she isn't quick to judge and hardly thinks bad on anyone. She's cheerful and wants to make other people happy too, She can be a little quiet and her elegant way of speaking can drive people away, but she tries her best to make new friends. She cares about how people think of her so she wants to leave a good impression on everyone.
Last edited by Wolfypoof on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hi! You can call me Wolfy! I like drawing, video games, animals, music, anime and a whole lot of other various things. Some of my favourite series are Pokemon, Danganronpa, iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Kemono Friends and Higurashi When They Cry! I am a young adult and although I'm a little shy, I'm always open for a chat! ^w^

Deviantart Characters Instagram Please check out my story!

Font credit
Wolfypoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby manufactured » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Image Image Image
[ medasin - h o m e ]
[ manufactured ; saskia ; female ]

' ' a flower does not think of competing
with the flower next to it.
it just blooms.
' '
z e nxxs h i n
i . gentle
ii . dedicated
iii . absent-minded

"beware of the woods after dark!" folk would warn.
those words, full of suspicion and ignorance, were weightless on saskia. of course she would go out - she had duties to fulfill. the forest closed itself to outsiders, shrouded in dark silhouettes and strange noises that frightened those who didn't belong. however, there was no entity less of a stranger than the maiden. standing at the entrance, torch alight in hand, the trees brightened around her. fireflies and butterflies greeted the warm, forgiving glow, and gentle creatures too timid to reveal themselves did in her presence.
for years, people condemned this wilderness, declaring it deceptive and dangerous. they had no idea of the beauty it held within, the beauty saskia restored and nurtured. though, perhaps it was for the best. those whom discover treasure selfishly tear and shred until nothing is left except goodies in their own pockets. however saskia cared not for the qualms of humanity, so long as the forest had a guardian to protect it.
of course, she had a place in society, as well. a sweet, mislead girl who would start at the slightest noise with a small squeak. her head was in the clouds, they would say, daydreaming too much and failing to understand the small, petty problems people tended to develop. was it her fault that everyday life was too dull to keep her attention when there was something so much more vital at stake?
the flora and fauna saskia cared for were her true family, nothing could convince her otherwise. they depended on her to keep the forest alive with light, and this responsibility was one she carried with the utmost importance.

disclaimer: if someone else wins, they may use my art if they properly credit me <3
Last edited by manufactured on Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
manufactured

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:22 pm

Username: SilhouetteStation
Deerssert's name: Mariposa (Mari)
Deerssert's gender: Female
An image/gif of something beautiful and orange: Image
Extras:
Since she was very young, Mariposa had been afraid of insects. It didn't matter the shape, size, or species; she would go out of her way to avoid any type of creepy crawly. Centipedes made her shiver, spiders made her scream. Bees made her nervous, and wasps made it worse. But the one she feared most, to the confusion of others, was butterflies. She didn't like their funny eyes, or the jerky way they flew, or their sticky little feet. When one landed on her as a child, she fainted. It took many years for her to confront this fear.

She was doing a thorough spring cleaning, as she often did, when she noticed a bright orange butterfly caught in an abandoned spiders web. Its legs were caught, and despite its struggling, could not break loose. Serves you right, getting yourself stuck, she thought to herself, and went about her business. But in the back of her mind, she knew it was there. An hour or so later she finally went back to check on it. It was still there, mostly still apart from a feeble flap of its wings now and then. Something close to guilt started creeping into her. Watching it was quite sad. It was inches away from the window; she knew it could feel the breeze, the warmth, but not be able to embrace it. I suppose it's not really to blame, she thought. I imagine it didn't fly into it in purpose. I for one certainly wouldn't like to be stuck like that. And so, taking in a deep, shaky breath, she reached up to bring it down. The feel of the cobweb made her skin crawl, and she jumped as the butterfly started struggling again. "Now don't you try any funny business," she said shakily. "I'm trying to help you." Carefully, little by little, she eased the strands from it's legs, being sure not to damage anything. Once free it fluttered its wings a few times, as though in farewell, before taking off outside. Mariposa watched, feeling quite proud of herself. She didn't get over her fear of insects that day, but she did buy a butterfly feeder for the back garden.

(images don't always work for me, so here's the link just in case)
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:57 am

Username: zippo
Deerssert's name: Helina in the light of the sun
Deerssert's gender: female, she/her
Extras:
wip
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:59 am

"Let your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark."

Username: Snowlondon
Deerssert's name: Hua (Chinese name meaning blossom)

🍂🧡🍊🎃⛺📙🔶️⚂

Hua stood under the red glow of the laterns. It was her favourite celebration - the Moon Festival. Her day had been very full - feasting on mooncakes, participating in a parade, and watching the dragon dance. But it was now that she had been looking forward to all year - the releasing of the sky lanterns.
Traditionally, they symbolized marriage and fertility, but Hua preferred to think of them as letters she could send to the sky. She had purchased three small lanterns, which was, admittedly, more than most. Still, she has a purpose for each.

On the first, she had written all of her regrets, big and small. Chances missed, sharp words spoken, friends lost. She had many things she was ashamed of, and seeing them written out in front of her hurt. It was an undeniable reminder of her imperfections.

On the second, she had writen her wishes. Some were greedy and self indulgent, others were charitable and kind. Some were as big as the heavens themselves, others were as small as a smile. No matter what, each was something she was truly passionate about.

The last was more of a canvas. Allowing her mind to wander, she had doodled flowers, hearts, faces. Some were so clean and detailed they could have been their own paintings, others were messy or half finished. This was her imagination talking, and she knew the sky would understand it, even if she didn't.

Her waipo (grandmother) had once told her: "The sky gets many messages. You must mark yours, so that the sky may know who it's from." Heeding these words, Hua had taken to marking her laterns, each uniquely,
The first, she had marked with a couple of tears that sprang to her eyes as she reread her wrongdoings. They smudged the ink a little, but she was confident the sky could read it.
The second, she had marked with a kiss. The latern was special to her, and she made sure that was clear.
She had wanted the final lantern to be distinctly hers, more so than the others, so she'd marked it with an orange flower, plucked straight from her tangerine-coloured hair.

Her laterns were complete, and she lighted them. The fire allowed them to rise. With a deep, calming breath, she let go. She watched as they drifted further and further away, soon joining the mass of laterns from other folk. She pictured herself going with them, seeing the people growing smaller and smaller. With a happy sigh, she closed her eyes. She was free.

It's still the 29th for me... Hope it isn't too late.
Last edited by Snowlondon on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petscop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Username: Maxwell. | Deerssert's name: Leilani | Deerssert's gender: nonbinary

Leilani is a very shy and gentle deerssert, the sort of creature to jump at a shadow and to cry when thunder booms. Their anxiety is something that holds them back in life, but they are trying their best to get over this ailment and to be able to be brave in stressful situations. Quite ironically, they work with things that may make any other deerssert squirm uncomfortably: Bugs. Slimey bugs, tough bugs, annoying bugs, pretty bugs, it doesn't matter, Leilani is fascinated with them all. They have a heavy interest in Entomology, stemming from their work in their own garden. Most bugs are so tiny compared to them, that they truly don't mind working with them, and almost has a motherly attitude towards them. Lei spends most of her time out in their garden, tending to various vivariums and plants. Some of their other hobbies are a lot less complicated, casual things like arts n crafts and doll collecting. They may be perceived to be antisocial and distant from everything, they've got a garden of thousands of friends.

Last edited by Petscop on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petscop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AboveAspen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Username: AboveAspen
Deerssert's Name: Maeve
Deerssert's Gender: Female
Extras:
1. Moodboard
2.WIP
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lumi_Turtle » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Username: -Kazan-
Deerssert's name: Orenji
An image/gif of something beautiful and orange:Image
Extras:Moodboard
now a dead acccount
Lumi_Turtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Username:
GreyScale
Name:
Lantana
Why the name Lantana:
The Lantana flower like I said below has poisonous leaves but delicious berries (for birds) of witch in this case represents the two personalities people have.
Picture of something beautiful:
here is a link, the image isn't working
Extra:
The Lantana is a beautiful type of flower. The leaves are poisonous therefore they are avoided by herbivores but the fruit however is a delicacy for birds who spread the seeds creating more plants. Now be this may make no sense of why I'm telling you this but
you will soon see why.

Words are very strange. You can say them one way and you build others up, another way you tear them down. Its very confusing if you think about it enough. Now compare this all to the Lantana flower. The leaves (or words) are poisonous and harm others even if its just for defense. For example lets say someone is getting made fun and so they say something rude about the person who is insulting them, now of course it might only be for defense but it might tear that person down and now they hate themselves and become even more rude and bitter. But then the berries (or good qualities) they don't do any harm do they? Well lets say these people are someone's friend because of their few good traits but as the good traits are not harmful the poisonous leaves, or
bad traits, will eventually be taken up by the friends or birds and starts a whole chain reaction that only spread hate. In other words, never let something some said about you get under you skin.
Personality:
Lantana is very self preserved though she can't really help it as she was born mute.
She was often made fun of for not being able to talk and eventually she gave up trying to communicate completely and now keep to herself.
She very much an introvert always afraid she might hurt other or be hurt so she locks herself in her room and reads. To Lantana books are like a small escape, she can relate to characters on a personal level and it always makes her feel better when they conquer the stumbling block in their lives and it gives her hope to maybe one day overcome hers.
Last edited by GreyScale on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me