Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the crowd cheered by Sixbane

Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
110 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the crowd cheered

Postby Sixbane » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:07 am

"His eyes locked on the pitchers mound, waiting for the ball to launch in his path. He tightened his grip on the bat in his hands, the hefty weight heavy in his palms as he teetered lightly on his feet to secure his balance. A split second, he nearly missed it. The white sphere hurtled towards him as the pitcher finally uncurled his arm and let it fly. Bracing his legs hard against the ground below him he took a swing, throwing in everything. His anger, his frustration, his anxieties. He let every struggle he had power his strength into his blow as he arched his arms in a perfect swing, following through in a graceful calm, exhaling deeply. The crack felt world-shattering as the bat connected and the ball catapulted into the distance. He wasn't listening for it, it didn't matter if it connected. It was momentary bliss. Control for a split second, freedom for a moment. Being able to let go of everything and just swing with all he had and all he was and just for a moment, forget. As he faded back into what felt like normal, he could hear the crowd roaring behind him, a cacophony of noise urging him forward. So he ran.

His feet thundered the dirt as he darted for first base, edging past the sneering baseman who begrudgingly gave him room to round it. He continued to second, racing as if his life depended on it. He was running to keep his adrenaline high, his feeling of freedom. He skidded on the second base, sliding in the dirt he neared a single inch from toppling over. If he were less careful he'd have tumbled and had to pick himself up again. His balance saved him, and he veered towards third. The sounds of cheering felt like some enemy creeping up behind him. He had tuned it out, but it was getting more vivid. He'd just crossed third when he picked up on some shouting. They'd finally tracked down that ball in the field, and were throwing it back. He didn't have time to worry how far it was. He bolted. His legs ached with the effort and his chest burned as he dove for home, just in time for the ball to come rolling along the dirt, colliding into his side. He laid in the dust with one hand rested on the edge of home. Safe, but only barely. He let out a deflated woosh of air as he laid there for a moment, the cheers had hit a fever pitch, but all he knew was that the problems he'd sent sky high had found their way back again like they always did.

He'd suppose, that would seem disappointing, but he knew he could command them. Even if they'd come back, he'd have the power, the skill -to send them away again. And this time, he won. He'd win again. Thats why he played this sport. It afforded him the breath of fresh air he struggled to find otherwise. It was his way, just like many others had to find theirs. It felt right in his brain to relate the things out of his grip- to a sport he could understand. He picked himself up, standing hunched over for a moment to catch his breath. His coach patted him on the shoulder but he couldn't do much more than offer a half-smile as he nodded and stood up to walk his way back to the benches. He hoped he'd bat again today. He still had some things on his mind to deal with."

i dont know anything about baseball i literally went to 1 game when i was like 7 and didnt do anything but gripe for ice cream the whole time big RIP
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the crowd cheered

Postby zenisiti » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:12 am

wow this looks stunning!

hey there!
i'm zenisiti(zen-nis-city)
but you can call me zen!
my pronouns are she/her.
pms are always open^^
lf: 2017 store pps fairy fox
doodle shop|th
zenisiti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☺痛み » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:13 am

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang bro that's dope
call me Koki
Yukikoki on Toyhouse Image

☺痛み

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venti » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:13 am

amazing six!
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:14 am

knocked it out of the park as always! (sorry i couldnt resist!) xD
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:14 am

SIX this art is so poggers i love it
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sun struck » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:18 am

Ahh this looks so amazing!!!

I'm not sure if you'd see this comment, or if you are the type to share tips, but they said it never hurts to ask.
How do you figure out clothing folds?
There are so many different types of fabric with different weights and textures, and I sometimes struggle to find the right reference or figure it out logically.
So.. If you'd be willing to share any tips whether it be about practice or technique, I'm all ears!!!
sun struck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alkene » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:20 am

Better than that guy
|| She/her or They/Them||
discord — Arganine#8571

Only active for Oekaki and Adopts at this point

QPPs
pine & Lonnie
My dearest friends
| Sixbane | MrBoodle | Sebeon | batman | Wesley | Lucikan | Toxic Wolf | Emris | nirvaniem | Bornfromashes
Alkene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:28 am

Zenisiti wrote:wow this looks stunning!

~XXXTENTACION~ wrote:daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang bro that's dope

Thank you!

J-and-K341 wrote:knocked it out of the park as always! (sorry i couldnt resist!) xD

LSGNS i audibly groaned y are u like this thANK U THO

reyligion wrote:
    SIX this art is so poggers i love it

Thankyou qvq/

sun struck wrote:Ahh this looks so amazing!!!

I'm not sure if you'd see this comment, or if you are the type to share tips, but they said it never hurts to ask.
How do you figure out clothing folds?
There are so many different types of fabric with different weights and textures, and I sometimes struggle to find the right reference or figure it out logically.
So.. If you'd be willing to share any tips whether it be about practice or technique, I'm all ears!!!

Generally I look at references! it helps to just like, google different fabric types and do studies on each type of fold, or study how folds go around the body (like drawing just torsos with jackets and stuff)
I know when I was in college my professor liked to hang up sheets on various things and in different ways and study by drawing those folds from life
Looking up tutorials on DA you can probably find loads of them on fold tips (but if you had a specific situation/fold type or texture/angle/ect you were looking for I could help advise more specifically)

I'm always happy to share tips/give advice/redline on anything (for anyone,for that matter) if asked

Alkene wrote:Better than that guy

ur that guy
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me