Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Dont shout by Sixbane

Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dont shout

Postby Sixbane » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:51 pm

A doodle because i cant sleep, im just brain vibing tonight

I've been inspired to draw my own characters for the first time in a hot minute, which is nice ,but also annoying because i have plenty of other things i need to get done so its a bit distracting. I guess it can wait until i humor my character love

Im trying really hard to get more confident with drawing humans but im not really there yet
people keep trying to ask me to draw them/order them from me but i never feel satisfied with my style for them

Althaea isn't a new character, but is a recent re-obsession of mine. I have drawn her here before a few times actually
ImageImageImage

I had an old story for her, and I did like it- but the problem was that it was quite niche. As a result, it made her hard to work into the rest of my character world or develop her with my fiancee (As we typically develop characters together) ; recently I reworked this to fit a new story we wanted to do with new characters; and she's found the perfect spot there so it made me super inspired for her. I kept her old personality ,and just revamped her world

She acts as the moon goddess in one of my character realms, where she's spent many years in the domain of the moon training her abilities after being generally regarded as a child/pushed around by the older gods. She's the youngest god, and as such always was followed by that 'kid' view by them. She's working to stop an evil villain who wants to remove all gods to form a new world order; including herself.

She's a sarcastic and somewhat immature diety who's generally very hardheaded and though she means well and you can always count on her to do her best for the world and to protect people- she's quite the handful to actually keep in check because she tends to just do whatever she wants and get herself into trouble
what can 'ya do

I imagine that her power depends on the phase of the moon; in that- the 'typing' of it changes.

So a bright, full moon gives her power over light. In this particular case/image, the new moon, absent from the sky, gives her control over dark magic
Despite the look, she isn't in any way influenced by the powers involved in it. She uses dark magic, but it isn't evil. It's simply the variety her magic takes while she dwells in the shadows. It returns to light magic once the moon returns with no ill effect
Last edited by Sixbane on Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dont shout

Postby hypnowave » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:57 pm

siiix she's absolutely gorgeous and so is this art piece!!
    she sounds SUPER interesting as a character too, i'm glad you found a spot for her :]c
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dont shout

Postby LunarTheCat2047d1f » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:51 am

Wow....she realy has a connection with the moon! This I find amusing because I have a character named Moon, she has the powers of the moon and is a black wolf. She can be a human, but still has her tail and ears.
I might add her on Chicken Smoothie!
Hi! I'm lunarkitty! You might see me exploring oekaki and roleplays I am quite social if a bit shy. Feel free to pm me to discuss or just chat :3

Warrior Cat Name Generator

My interests are roleplays, art, and pets! A freindly conversation is nice, too! (Pronouns: She/Her) Thank you!

Pfp by Snowy Stars ❤

Currently: Active

I commonly use either ● or ○ when sending messages. I use the circle filled in when the pg is black, and the outline for when its white! It resembles the moon, therefore Lunar.

Madly Darkstripe fan 😍

Art Commission Shop

Creeps!

Short and Sweet

"Enthusiasm is infectious, stimulating, and attractive to others. People will love you for it."
LunarTheCat2047d1f

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me