Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Arcane Spirit Guardian - Adopts by MazBourne

Artist MazBourne [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
107 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Arcane Spirit Guardian - Adopts

Postby MazBourne » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:39 am

Arcane Spirit Guardians.
(ASG's.)

Official ASG Fanclub!

Arcane Spirit Guardians are an ancient species, though not a lot is known about them. The first ever recorded sighting of one was over 500 years ago, though records only state that it was spotted cautiously approaching a fresh corpse of a Thylacine that had been struck down by lightning during a fierce storm late one evening in a remote part of the world. Where this incident took place however, was not stated in any of the remaining records from the time and has long since been a mystery, and the person who reported it was taken for a fool. None the less, it lead to an old popular bed-time story parents have told their children to get them to go to sleep at night, warning of a horse like creature wearing some form of mask with 3 pronounced horns, prowling the streets and countryside at night in search for a child who has misbehaved to prey on.

No further sightings since that first were recorded until 10 years ago, when a large blue creature with golden horns was spotted. A group of poachers had just culled a pack of wolves and were preparing to remove parts of the bodies as illegal hunting trophies. Out of nowhere a large creature charged at them, fire burning in it's eyes and a pelt of an unusual blue. It waved it's head fiercely at the three men, flashing it's golden horns dangerously at them. Two of the men were slain and the other badly injured managed to escape and made his way to a nearby village. The locals laughed at his story, thinking him but a fool who had most likely taken a bad fall and had mental issues.

Since then, there have been a number of sightings, and people started to realize that these beasts were not some made up creature or something that only lived in bed time stories.

Some research of these mysterious beasts has revealed that the shadow like marking on their rumps resemble the type of creatures they tend to be spotted near, as if some form of Guardian. Incidents have been reported where the beasts, even the large blue male, have not been at all dangerous to humans who have done no harm to the creatures they are protecting, leading to a decline in poaching, especially since stories of mauled bodies that have been found near hunted animals, have been linked to the incident 10 years ago, people have begun to realize that these creatures remain hidden until they are drawn to protect.

A number of attempts to capture one of these elusive creatures have failed. Scientists believe the creatures watch situations from a hidden distance, and seem to know when something isn't right, therefore keeping well out of sight.

There have also been a number of sightings by people trying to protect species from poachers, of the mysterious guardians watching over certain animals, though to date, overall, there have only been around 20 sightings.

The population of the beasts that have been given the name "Arcane Spirit Guardians" is unknown, but it is believed that there is most likely at least one for every species of living beast on the planet.

Their given name derives from the Latin word - Arca, meaning Mysterious, and Spirit Guardian as the majority of sightings seem to be of them visiting dying animals, as if readying to guide the spirits to a better place.

Their average life expectancy is around 100 years and they average between 15hh and 18hh in height. For you not so horsey folk, there are 4 inches in every hand, eg:
15hh
15.1hh
15.2hh
15.3hh
16hh.

*info coming soon*

Stamp by Thorrissia:
Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1377719][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NA7R0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Stamp by Ƨριяιт:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1377719][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZR59g.jpg[/img][/url]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to run a little competition before I start adopting these out.

I would like help in deciding a name for this species, I used to have one years ago, but I have since forgotten it..
So.. What would you name the species, and why?

Depicted is my character Howler. His name came from his marking on his hips.

The winner shall be granted a custom, colours, design on hip and gender of their choice.

The two runners up will be granted semi-customs, deciding colours, I choose any patterns and genders.

Deadline- September 5th. (I would like a name asap).

Also, I shall be posting more information on the species when I've finished the main drawing.
Last edited by MazBourne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Species name needed!

Postby heterochromia » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:46 am

Spot Reserved for names
Beautiful species as always :)
Maybe... Masked Guardians I am still brainstorming but I would say that because obviously, they are masked, and less obviously, maybe the design on their hip has some elemental power to them? I dunno, still brainstorming. I will get some more ideas up in a bit :)
Along the same elemental line, I also have Painted Equids of the Elements , Elemental Painted Horses

On a more realistic note, maybe you could go with a Spanish name? I was always a fan of Spanish and Spanish horses would be pretty cute :3 They could be native to Spain and live in the Pyrenees Mountains. So some name ideas if you follow along these lines would be.. Pyrenees Mountain Equines or Spanish Painted Equids or if you want the name to very related to Spanish you could make it in the actual language like Caballos de las Montañas which means "Horses of the Mountains".
I am thinking of some more ideas. Expect many more! x)

Also Maz I have a question:
Are they herbivores or omnivores or carnivores? Because this kinda effects some names I was thinking of xP Thanks and I am loving the species so far :3
Last edited by heterochromia on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
full credit to ShinigamiRukia for the art
heterochromia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:53 am

Ohhh these look great Maz I can hardly wait until you finish up Howler and then start up with a few adopts. As for names I suggest Spirits Of The Lost And Forgotten or a rather simple name The Masked <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anomaly. » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 am

Pielgra Equus? Leagra Equids? Horned Equus?
anomaly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:12 am

Perhaps "Kerahippus" (horned horse, "keras" = horn, "hippus" = horse) or "Triohippus" (three horns, three toes on front legs...) or a Fanged Charger, because of that canine-like horn near the mouth and the fact that I'm instantly reminded of a horse in tilting regalia. :)

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazBourne » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:27 am

Really liking the name suggestions so far guys :)
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaveyCave » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:28 am

Awesome species, though im no good at names...
My working out:

Dog ears - K-9, could have a 9 in it :/
3 Horns- Tri -somthing
Horse like- Horse (XD)
Markings on rump: Painted/paint
Unique: Charisma could be somewhere (love that word, Charisma...)
Tri- Painted Charisma
na, could be a good name for one of these guys though...RIGHT I HAVE DIBS ON THAT NAME FOR WHEN IM ADOPTING ONE XD

anyways....urrr.....i'll get back to you
Lyog Bane (Lie-no Bane hehehehe sounds funny)
(i looked at items around the room and for the first letter i got the first letter of the item, 2nd 2nd letter of the item:
Leaf
myme (mim-ee, my little sister's teddy bear)
Boot (riding boot)
dog (had to use the g...)

Book
Saddle (im cleaning Ozzie's)
Bin
Shoe

or something simple and english

three horned Equus (had to put something there to make it sound 'cool'

Spirit Walker (book name XD from COAD, chronicles of Ancient darkness...that could be one except instead of Chronicles...maybe just Ancient Darkness)

Charisma Spirit (Oh, another name for an adopt i have dibs on XD DO NOT STEAL XD)

Tree Walker? Spirit Whistler?

I have © all these names

Forest Horn? (lol, random)

Hang on, Maz is that another horn on his mouth?
Last edited by CaveyCave on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
CaveyCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soph6297 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 am

Trimaskus/Trimaskid

- "Tri" -> Because of the 3 Horns.
- "Mask" -> Mask on the face
- "Us" -> Ending from "Equus" / "Id" -> Ending from "Equid"

Tricerequid

- "Tri" -> 3 Horns
- "Cer" -> "Tricer" beginning of "Triceratops" because with their horns they remember a bit of the dinosaurs C:
- "Equid" -> Horse Species

Masequid/Masequs/Masequair

- "Mas" -> From the Mask on the face.
- "Equ" -> Equid/Equus

Primevalid/Primevalus

- "Primeval" -> Because it remember me of an Dinosaur
- "Id" -> Equid / "Us" -> Equus

Bucerius

- this is Latin and means "the horned one"

Tricorniger/Tricorniqus

- it's Latin
- "Tri" -> 3 horns
- "Corniger" -> means "horned"
- "Us" -> Equus

Rhinoquids

- "Rhino" -> Rhinocerus, because of the 3 horns
- "Quids" -> Equids

Trinocerus

- from "Monocerus" which means Unicorn
- but instead of "Mono" which means one, "Tri" because of the 3 horns
Last edited by Soph6297 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

>>> Uni started again. Slightly inactive. Sorry.
╔══════════════♕═════════════╗

My WMEsMy DAM'sMy GoSs
Lioden [#44750]TumblrWME-Adopts

» Art Trades: Closed
...⋰✯⋱⋰♕⋱⋰✯⋱...
» Commissions: Closed
╚════════════════════════════╝
For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary

Soph6297

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:35 am

I have a few suggestions :3

Palliata equus
Palliata meaning Masked in Latin
Equus meaning horse in Latin

And some without meaning that I made up :3 -
Barronis
Pronounced Ba-rone-is

Celementa
Pronounced Sea-lee-ment-ta

Cocorn
Pronounced Co-Corn x3

Ylerig
Pronounced Yell-er-ig

Spartan Equines
Because I thought of spartans when I saw them x3

Triconon's
Try-con-on's

Skitters
Because I love falling skies.

Sliepneptors
Slep-nept-ers

I picked all of the above names because I think they make a good fit :3
Last edited by -wild- on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Punxz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:35 am