Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Equus Lanterna by kiwipen

Based on Click to view
Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 6 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Equus Lanterna

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:21 am

Equus Lanterna
Welcome to Equus Lanterna!

Equus Lanterna, shortened to Lanterna, are a magical breed of prehistoric equine. Emerging from their evolutionarily-required isolation after millennia, these fascinating creatures now freely roam the realm of the Storkverse. They are omnivorous and place a heavy emphasis on the 'caste' of their magics. Lanterna are incredibly powerful creatures that store their 'soul' inside their lantern for safe keeping, and it is believed that when a Lanterna passes on to the next life, their essence is stored in their Lantern forever. While some Lanterna chose to stay with the primary herd, many more chose to branch off and explore what the rest of the worlds have to offer.

Lanterna stand around 200cm tall, or around 20 hands high. They have incredibly flexible spines and thumbs; they deliver powerful kicks, punches, and bites. They are considered a natural predator of the Storkatten.

Last edited by kiwipen on Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Equus Lanterna

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:23 am

Rules

Equus Lanterna fall under my species umbrella, and therefore have a TOS you can read here:
Universal Species TOS

Here are a few additional stipulations to keep in mind....

Conduct
You may create your own individual 'tracker' for a Lanterna by coloring it in and making your own copy in the Oekaki after being added. If you're unable to use the Oekaki, maintaining the tracker on the main artist form is fine.
Please do not edit your Lanterna unless you've had the appropriate items earned and approved by moderators. Editing them to add whiskers, claws, accessories, or companions is okay, but still requires approval through our Discord.
You will be added to your Lanterna's reference, please do not edit any new versions of the Lanterna unless you're allowed to.

Trackers
All Trackers for each individual Lanterna should be posted and maintained either on the official post by the artist, or on your colorin version. Either way, it must remain on ChickenSmoothie. [Off-Oekaki Lanterna are allowed to have an Off-Oekaki tracker]
Recommended; Publicly adopted Lanterna should be maintained on a colorin version of them; customs, breedings, kits, etc. should be maintained on the original post by the artist.
-- Lanterna trackers should track the prompts they've completed.
Additionally, creating a Herd Tracker is required. You can do so in the Character Storage forum, or on Toyhou.se, or another place that works for you; just no Google Docs/Sheets. You may create multiple herd trackers if you want to maintain multiple colonies, that is entirely up to you.

Herd
A 'herd' is simply what we use to refer to the group of horses an individual owns. These horses may or may not be all under one herd umbrella; they may fall under several of their own in-character colonies and live entirely different lives.
You may own unlimited Lanterna.
You do not need to have a founder to start playing.
This is not a traditional equine ARPG, and you don't need a founder to try out for adopts.

Breeding
Lanterna of any gender combination can have children.
Each Lanterna has unlimited breeding slots.

Last edited by kiwipen on Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:27 am

Traits:

NR / Free Edits:
Mane Edit | 'Spike' Edits | Bioluminescence (Any) | Expression Edit | Expressive Ear Edits | Missing Spurs | Mane or Tail Edits (Any) | Fangs | Deafness or Blindness | Scars | Weight Edits | Accessories |

Limited:
Natural Tail Alterations | Lantern Shape Edit | Spur Length Edit | Extra Spurs | Ear Edits (Any) | Fur Length Edit | Partial Heterochromia | Extra Eyes | Full Eye or Pupil | Dark Sclera | Missing Limbs | Tongue Edit |

Legendary:
Horn Alteration | Height Edit | Genesplice | Wing Edit | Extra Horns (1 Trait Per Horn) | Extra Ears | Extra Legs (1 trait per pair ) | Total Heterochromia | Albinism | Chimerism | Melanism | Muzzle Edits | Halos | Polydactylism | Form Change | Body Length Edit | Neck Length Edit |

Mythical:
Sectoral Heterochromia |

God
Tailmouth | Mythical Genesplice | Multiple Lanterns (1 per)

Notes about extra lanterns;
Your Lanterna will typically only have one Lantern, even if they are born with multiple magics; their lantern will simply shine in varying colors related to their birth magics. Lanterna who want to bear the torch of multiple lanterns may do so using the Lantern Trial prompts.
Last edited by kiwipen on Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:42 am

Magics:

Basic:
Earth | Plant | Fungal | Lightning | Blood | Metal

Rare:
Arcane | Healing | Love | Bardic | Light | Shadow

Limited
Faunal | Ice | Trickster | Air | Water

Legendary
Fire | Poison | Balance | Death | Life |

Lost
Insectoid | Astral | Lunar | Solar | Time | Rune
Last edited by kiwipen on Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:43 am

For Artists:

Every adopt needs this form pasted and filled out.

Code: Select all
[quote]Equus Lanterna, shortened to Lanterna, are a magical breed of prehistoric equine. Emerging from their evolutionarily-required isolation after millennia, these fascinating creatures now freely roam the realm of the Storkverse. They are omnivorous and place a heavy emphasis on the 'caste' of their magics. Lanterna are incredibly powerful creatures that store their 'soul' inside their lantern for safe keeping, and it is believed that when a Lanterna passes on to the next life, their essence is stored in their Lantern forever. While some Lanterna chose to stay with the primary herd, many more chose to branch off and explore what the rest of the worlds have to offer. [/quote]

[list][list][size=85]Custom/Breeding/Wisp for [User].

[code][b]Username;[/b]
[b]Herd Tracker:[/b]
[b]Lanterna Name;[/b]
[b]Nicknames;[/b] (optional)
[b]Coat Description:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] M/F/Custom
[b]Born Magic Type;[/b]
[b]Additional Magic #1[/b] leave blank
[b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank

[b]Traits:[/b]

[b]Parents:[/b]
Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]

[center][b]Link to MP Tracker:[/b]
[url]Tracker[/url]

[b]Leveling Rewards:[/b]
[quote]Level Reward | Name | Bonuses[/quote]

[b]Equipment:[/b]
[quote]Starting Slots: 1
Equipment Slot 1: [ Name ] | [ Bonuses ]  | [url]Link to Proof of Redemption[/url][/quote]

[b]Companions:[/b]
[quote]Starting Slots: 0
Companion Slot 1: [ Name ] | [ Bonuses ] | [url]Link to Proof of Redemption[/url][/quote]

[b]Trophy Case[/b]
[quote][/quote]

[/center][/code][/size][/list][/list]
Last edited by kiwipen on Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:44 am

reserved
kiwipen